shape
carat
color
clarity

Being a brat… VENT!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, still trying to figure this site out, it seems I keep posting the same questions over and over. :((

Thanks
Brooke

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Antiquesparkler,

Just wondering what the name of your prong's are? Is it claw or split?

Also curious of what made you decide to use it compared to just a 4 prong setting? It's very pretty.

Thanks
Brooke

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
luvsdmb|1349099716|3277339 said:
Hello Antiquesparkler,

Just wondering what the name of your prong's are? Is it claw or split?

Also curious of what made you decide to use it compared to just a 4 prong setting? It's very pretty.

Thanks
Brooke

Hi Brooke,
They are double claw prongs. If oyu look closely there is a teeny tiny gap between them but they appear right next to eachother. And actually the setting didnt come like that, they added those at no charge which was great.

I really just like the look of double prongs... Part of me thought maybe it would be added security for my diamond. Thinking if one of the 8 prongs broke... it would still hold hodl my diamond in?

From my research, most of the jewelers I visited were willing to add the double prongs for me.

Hope that helps! :D

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Oh... and by the way. Boyfriend's sister got engaged yesterday. So happy for them but really? Lol.

I told him last night that I am going to buy an economy pack of 'Congratulations on your Engagement' cards. :tongue:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1349101105|3277352 said:
Oh... and by the way. Boyfriend's sister got engaged yesterday. So happy for them but really? Lol.

I told him last night that I am going to buy an economy pack of 'Congratulations on your Engagement' cards. :tongue:
:lol:

Oh my, poor you Antiquesparkler! Keep your sense of humour thru this --- its challenging, but if you can laugh thru it, it will be much less emotionally trying on you :))

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit, I was a bit grumpy last night... But I am TRYING SO HARD! lol :wink2:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped reading after the first page. Your ring is FABULOUS and she is going to be seriously bummed when her half carat princess faces up smaller than your GORGEOUS ring with tons more character. Screw it; you know that you're awesome and so is your ring! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1349115468|3277495 said:
I stopped reading after the first page. Your ring is FABULOUS and she is going to be seriously bummed when her half carat princess faces up smaller than your GORGEOUS ring with tons more character. Screw it; you know that you're awesome and so is your ring! :appl:

Thanks Stacy! You made my day! :wavey:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1349120489|3277535 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1349115468|3277495 said:

Thanks Stacy! You made my day! :wavey:

Glad to hear it! I seriously think your ring is perfect though! :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I also love double claw prongs and old cuts.

Her comments about your ring were inappropriate. Plain and simple.

However, I don't find her engagement, plans for her wedding, and plans for an upgrade to be offensive or a slight to you. You're a great friend for housing your buddy. However, I wouldn't take her plans to be a pointed comment to you or a jab. I have a lot of friends getting engaged or married now. Its a product of many factors, including having finished their education, getting started in their careers, meeting someone special, etc.--and that results in a lot of engagements and weddings, that happen in the same month or year. Especially if you're around the same age, its not too surprising you might both be thinking about the same life stages (like engagement). No one really remembers who got engaged 'first' except when you're a LIW and someone gets engaged before you, you know?

I suggest relaxing, and doing something relaxing or fun if you find your mind wandering to frustration.

And if she asks you nosy questions, that you don't feel like answering, just say:
"Great question! I don't know yet."
"Hmnn. Do you have thoughts?"
or, "It'll be a surprise!"

Lots of luck to you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results