shape
carat
color
clarity

BE treated Pad- darn....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine who is stationed in the Middle East knows my obession with gemstones. Anyhow he emailed me and said he found this really unique orange/ pink sapphire....well my ears perked up and I told him to buy it and send it my way. After sending it in- I found out it is a BE treated Padparadscha Sapphire. It looks beautiful and i doubt anyone will ever know it is BE treated and I''m sure even fewer of my friends will know what BE stands for. It is just over 2.6 cts and has a fairly good cut- there are a few inclusions (is that the right word to use with sapphires) in it. i believe it is a cushion. I will attach a picture below.

Does anyone else have BE treated stones? Did you bother setting them? I typically set the majority of my stones and I do love this color so i think I will set it.
11.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oops- attached is the picture.

sarahpaddy3.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I believe LtP has a BE sapphire (gorgeous stone!) that is set, but there is a long story behind that particular stone!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gotcha.... I basically paid next to nothing for this stone so I''m not really upset it is BE treated- It was under $200. Perhaps if I had paid more I would have had a meltdown especially now that I love the color so much.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah, I had a super long thread on a Pad that turned out to be BE treated after sending it off to the AGTA. I''ll get the link for you in a minute, but I did end up setting it and frankly, it''s one of my favourite rings. No one else but PSers and you will know, and it''s a beautiful colour!

How did you figure out yours was a Pad?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I sent it stateside to have it tested. It came back being BE treated. Seriously though- I semi expected something like that- I mean the stone was coming from a little shop somewhere in the Middle East. but for the price I paid I''ll neutral on it.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely colour. I know I''ll sound stupid but what is BE treated?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, at least you didn''t overpay for it, as I''ve seen BE sapphires go for as much as 200$ per carat. So if you like it and would enjoy wearing it, there''s no reason why you shouldn''t set it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results