canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring! Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
3.62! Wow its so beautiful and HUGE! Love the setting too - congratulations! :appl: :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Good_lux_girl and canuk_gal!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe we have matching DSLR lens cap photos!! :wavey:

MOAR FOTOS NAO! :saint: Pritty pleez.

and I can't wait for your beach photoshoot!!! EEK!
Please please go around and get some pretty reflection shots! Those are my have on OECs! Wear some bright colors or find some pretty bright fabrics to play with! :love: :love: :love:

Don't you just LURVESSSS?! I swear, all OECs should come in giant sizes so you can see the patterning IRL. Nom nom nom! Did you come up with a name yet? ;))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! It looks huge on you. Congrats and enjoy this beauty!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
:love: That is one super sweeeeeeeeet ring! :love:
You have the patience of a saint my dear, and it paid off like crazy!
I'm looking forward to many more pictures.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jane Smith, Laila619, and Madelise!!!

Laila619, I will get on the new pictures! Hopefully I can get some good new ones in the next few days!

Madelise, I stole the lense cover idea from you, I loved how your pictures turned out. :love:

I am going to have to work on pulling the bright colors out, I am definitely jealous of you and Mara taking pictures with such beautiful colors bouncing around in the facets!!!

And yes, I am absolutely head over heals for this OEC. Call me crazy, but I am kinda diggin' the little bit of wonkiness from the off center culet! I swear, I am going to get a kink in my neck from staring at this baby all day!!! The facets are so yummy, it definitely had the chunk in the trunk, as Grace would say. haha. Still stumped on a name, partly because I am completely uncreative. I may need help on this one....

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1345171750|3252824 said:

Laila619, I will get on the new pictures! Hopefully I can get some good new ones in the next few days!

Madelise, I stole the lense cover idea from you, I loved how your pictures turned out. :love:

I am going to have to work on pulling the bright colors out, I am definitely jealous of you and Mara taking pictures with such beautiful colors bouncing around in the facets!!!

And yes, I am absolutely head over heals for this OEC. Call me crazy, but I am kinda diggin' the little bit of wonkiness from the off center culet! I swear, I am going to get a kink in my neck from staring at this baby all day!!! The facets are so yummy, it definitely had the chunk in the trunk, as Grace would say. haha. Still stumped on a name, partly because I am completely uncreative. I may need help on this one....

Play with the colors! I found it easier to wear the color I wanted it to reflect. The color needs to be in front of the face of the diamond, and reflect off w/o the camera blocking that reflection.

Do you know roughly what decade your diamond was cut from? You can pull up the popular names of that year from social security's website, and have some ideas from those years? http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/names1900s.html That's for the 1900's, but there's a tab on the side to let you choose different decades.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1345172838|3252833 said:
armywife13|1345171750|3252824 said:

Play with the colors! I found it easier to wear the color I wanted it to reflect. The color needs to be in front of the face of the diamond, and reflect off w/o the camera blocking that reflection.

Do you know roughly what decade your diamond was cut from? You can pull up the popular names of that year from social security's website, and have some ideas from those years? http://www.ssa.gov/oact/babynames/decades/names1900s.html That's for the 1900's, but there's a tab on the side to let you choose different decades.
I was looking around on that website earlier, great minds think alike! ;)) I will have to check with Grace to see it she has a better estimate of how old this baby is. I know that it is an early OEC, but thats about it.

I think I am going to go buy some cheap bright colored shirts so that I can get some good color pictures! I wear a lot of subdued colors, hence not a lot of color bouncing around in my diamond. I also need to play around more with photographing the ring, I often find the black from the camera bouncing around in the diamond...no bueno.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1345173416|3252836 said:
I was looking around on that website earlier, great minds think alike! ;)) I will have to check with Grace to see it she has a better estimate of how old this baby is. I know that it is an early OEC, but thats about it.

I think I am going to go buy some cheap bright colored shirts so that I can get some good color pictures! I wear a lot of subdued colors, hence not a lot of color bouncing around in my diamond. I also need to play around more with photographing the ring, I often find the black from the camera bouncing around in the diamond...no bueno.

Oh, don't bother buying shirts, lol!! Get any fabric that's brightly colored, or even construction paper? Your daughter's clothes? Haha anything bright and colorful. Hold it facing the diamond in the sun and keep turning until the angle gets a good vibrant saturation. Try to maintain that same angle and get a photo! It takes some balancing but you can do it ;P

ETA- whoops forgot the name. I like names that have cute nicknames. Like Millicent = Millie! or Frances = Frankie. Barbara = Barbie? I'd call the diamond the nickname, but know that it's nicknamed that because of a name that was popular in the year she was cut. Something like that.!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, it has been a long journey to fruition armywife!

Your stone is chunky STUNNINGness :love: And the Julia is such a lovely setting, I really like that the design elements aren't all super duper dainty - it shows your stone off beautifully :appl:

I have a (much, much smaller!) antique cushion w/ a (very very) off-center culet and I find it adorably wonky so I totally know what you mean! Though yours is so slight, I wouldn't think anyone would even notice IRL - it'll be your secret ::)

Congrats on a job well done!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Just an amazing stone and a beautiful setting! Love it. Great job and congrats! More pics! :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Madelise, tomorrow I will try out the tricks from "Madelise's school of photography." I think I am going to pull out some of my daughter's clothes, they are definitely bright colored!

I like your idea about the nickname that would go with the actual name. Some of the names from that timeperiod are a little stuff, and my baby is anything but stuffy. ;))

Yssie, the end reward definitely made the long journey worth it!

I really do enjoy the Julia bezel, it is the right balance between delicate and substantial, romantic and modern, ect.

Have you posted pictures of your antique cushion? It sounds adorable!! I love some wonkiness in anitque diamonds. :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1345176337|3252861 said:
Stunning!!! Just an amazing stone and a beautiful setting! Love it. Great job and congrats! More pics! :naughty:
Thanks, Mara! I really do love everything about this OEC and setting.

Now I just wish I could get some of those amazing pictures like you have taken, with the colors bouncing around like crazy. :love: Madelise gave me some good pointers, so I am going to give it another go tomorrow! If I can't get something good, I am going to ship this darn ring off to you so you can take some! Lol.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1345177076|3252865 said:
Madelise, tomorrow I will try out the tricks from "Madelise's school of photography." I think I am going to pull out some of my daughter's clothes, they are definitely bright colored!

I like your idea about the nickname that would go with the actual name. Some of the names from that timeperiod are a little stuff, and my baby is anything but stuffy. ;))

I really do enjoy the Julia bezel, it is the right balance between delicate and substantial, romantic and modern, ect.

Have you posted pictures of your antique cushion? It sounds adorable!! I love some wonkiness in anitque diamonds. :love:

Yes, that's it!
There are a lot of really nice "heftier" settings and a lot of really nice delicate settings but few really nice combinations - finding that balance is tough! Your ring feels like a deliberate mixing rather than a compromise... if that didn't make sense I'll blame it on posting at 1:30 in the morning :halo:

My cushion is a half-carater in a bracelet (told you I meant much smaller!) I don't want to post pics in your thread but I found the linky ::) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/[/URL]

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1345177516|3252869 said:
armywife13|1345177076|3252865 said:

Yes, that's it!
There are a lot of really nice "heftier" settings and a lot of really nice delicate settings but few really nice combinations - finding that balance is tough! Your ring feels like a deliberate mixing rather than a compromise... if that didn't make sense I'll blame it on posting at 1:30 in the morning :halo:

My cushion is a half-carater in a bracelet (much smaller :bigsmile:) I don't want to post pics in your thread but I found the linky ::) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-caved-rg-cushions-bezels-milgrain-dbtybracelet.161562/[/URL]
Made sense to me! But maybe that's because I am also up this late reading/writing. Haha. Part of why I leaned towards the bezel was because it was a little heftier than the prong version-even though I love the claw prongs their bench does. Plus, I like how the diamond sits in the basket with milgraining and diamonds, instead of sitting above it like it does with the prong version.

Your cushion is adorable! I looooooove it-especially set in the bracelet! :love: If your off center culet wants to hang out with my off center culet, it can come visit anytime. ;))

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful!!!! And I love that you love it so much!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1345178246|3252877 said:
Absolutely beautiful!!!! And I love that you love it so much!
Thanks! And yes, I am pretty much having a love affair with this ring...I think my hubby feels left out. Hahaha.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring is complete perfection. You are so lucky to have this beauty on your hand! I'd say enjoy! But I think you already are =)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
You got it after this long wait, it looks gorgeous! :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just wow! I love that stone and am so glad that it's finally on your finger in that lovely setting! You DO have the patience of a saint! Now, go find someone to watch your daughter so that you can take a million more photos!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Armywife, I am so thrilled for you that it's finally with you. It's GORGEOUS, looks perfect and huge on you. Congratulations and enjoy it for the rest of your days together.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA!! Your ring is gorgeous!! Totally worth the wait Armywife!!! Yay!! Ditto the patience of a saint comment. I would have been bouncing off the walls.
And what wonkiness?? All I see is a knockout of a rock. Holy crap! Congrats! :appl: :appl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is one beautiful ring :love: I love the HUGE stunning old cut and that's awesome that you were still able to get one of those gorgeous Julia settings :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ohh, I have no words. Just... swoon! :love: I love, love, love it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooooo it's gorgeous and looks absolutely perfect on your hand!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
ThanksDela,lknvrb4, yennyfire,bright ice,vinjewelsrubybeth,stargurl78, and catmom!!!!

Dela, I most definitely am enjoying it! :love: I can't believe it's mine!

Yennyfire, yes, I do! This weekend, when the hubby is home, I can work on getting some more pictures! ;))

Vinjewels it is ever so slightly out of round(but you can't tell with the bezel) and the culet is off center. Even though it isn't really noticeable, the fact that there is a little wonk makes me love this baby even more. :bigsmile:

irisheyes9

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my oh my oh my oh my!!! That is utter perfection. Gorgeous. Once-in-a-lifetime kind of ring. Incredible!!!!

If she were mine (oh, how I wish!) I would name her Jules. Because she's an unbelievable jewel in an incredible Julia setting.

Congrats!!!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, irisheyes9 and Rosebloom! And Rosebloom, thanks for the name suggestion. I am going to add it to a list I am slowly compiling. Hopefully I will figure out that suits this baby perfectly!!

I was able to snap a few more pictures while my munchkin took her nap! This picture shows off the OEC's chunks....yummm..

chunky_edit.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results