shape
carat
color
clarity

Bay Area (Northern CA) Color Stone GTG, Nov 8, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2008 3:03:27 PM
Author: Harriet
So I''ll be missing Linda and Harleigh?
7.gif
So sorry, Harriet! I would have loved to have met you both! Maybe next time?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 4:32:11 AM
Author: Harleigh
AN...VRBeauty has my name and email address...I would like her to pass these along to you so that maybe you can include me in future emails for GTG's if that's all right?
Will do Harleigh. I hope you have a great time at the wedding!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, VRBeauty! Have a blast!

dutchflowers

Rough_Rock
Major bummer - I can''t make it today.
14.gif

I will be at the office preparing for a hearing on Monday. Count me in for next time.
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, ladies...how was it??? Can''t wait to hear all about your day!

The wedding was by far the MOST extravagant wedding I have ever been to...no expense was spared, let me tell you! I''m so glad I decided to go, but I''m sad I missed meeting all of you lovelies!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
seattle wasn''t as rainy as expected and a good time was had by all....however, i''m another awaiting the report!

movie zombie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Make that another one!!!!! Harleigh, you and I have to go together the next time
35.gif
36.gif

Linda

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was soooooooooo much fun!!!!!! Harleigh and Linda, I so hope you can join us the next time. I don''t think we left SF till about 8:00pm so we were in jewelry, diamond, and colored stone heaven for 8 hours!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Harriet, it was so nice to meet you and your husband! I hope you have a great time in Half Moon Bay. And thanks again for everything, I had so much fun!

VR Beauty - so nice to meet you and loved your litte treasure box!
1.gif

Art N - thank you so much for setting this up, it was great seeing you again and your new spinel - so fab in person, I love it!!! BTW - I just love L''s asscher, that''s my dream size, I think I can totally pull off a 5 carat
9.gif

It was so great meeting all of the psers I haven''t met before and so nice to see everyone I''ve met at the other GTG''s.

We should def. set something up for early next year - Jan or Feb

I believe Beacon took some pics yesterday, so hopefully she''ll be able to post some. You all have probably seen our ER''s and WR''s plenty so we didn''t do any full hand shots like the past.

Harleigh - VR Beauty will email AN w/ your email address so you''ll be on future emails. I''d love to meet my Maui wedding twin
10.gif
!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I can''t wait to see the pictures!!!!!!! I am so glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Linda

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEK! PS ate my post! Let''s try again...

I thoroughly my first get-together with the Northern California PS''ers, even though I got there late
20.gif
and had to leave early
39.gif
. It was really nice to meet some of the people I "know" from PS in real life, not to mention getting so see some of their incredible diamonds (
30.gif
) in person!

Art Nouveau: Thank you so much for organizing the GTG. I''m looking forward to seeing the pendant you''re designing, not to mention the results of any colored stone purchases you might have made yesterday!
2.gif

Harriet: Thank you for the chance to be a part of the colored stone extravaganza. BTW I didn''t get a chance to tell you how much I like your new tsavorite ring!

Swingirl, Ascher_girl, Innerkitten, L, Beacon, and Mr. Harriet:
35.gif
It was so nice to meet you all. I''m sure I''ve missed someone...it certainly isn''t intentional! Swingirl, You''ve inspired me... I''ll be making a trip to Union Square soon. ''ll let you know if I end up with something special! Innerkitten: I appreciated the navigational help and the chance to chat with you a bit. I hope you''ll find time to drop by PS from time to time.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
The GTG yesterday was a lot of fun. We started with a dim sum lunch at one of the best Chinese restaurant south of San Francsico, followed by a color stone gem fest which lasted for over three hours.

Harriet: It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband. Thank you very much for making the arrangements for the color stone gem show. I love all your Leon rings, especially the spinel and tsavorite. You must be one of his valued customer now.

Beacon: The new setting of your diamond looks fabulous. It makes your stone look huge.

Swing Girl: Your Richard Homer concave cut blue zircon is stunning. Do post it after you get it set.

RV Beauty: It was so nice of you to drive all the way from Sacramento to join us and thanks for sharing your color stone collection. I will add Harleigh''s and your email to the Bay Area Pricescopers list.

Innerkitten: It was nice to finally meet you.

Asscher Girl: It was great to see you again. I hope you decide to buy your favorite stone from yesterday''s collection.

I must apologize for forgetting to take pictures yesterday. We saw a lot of color gems. I have never seen so many tsavorites. There were trays and trays of them, in all shades of green and all shapes and sizes. There were many suites of pastel color sapphires and tsavorites, in sizes fit for royalty. Other color gems we saw were rhodolite, spess, mandarin and hessonite garnets, tourmalines in various colors, spinels, single and pairs of blue and pink sapphires and rubies and some high quality big tanzanites. The best stones were two gem Mozambique paraibas, ~5+ carats each, a pear and a cushion, which glowed in dim light; a 7+ carat ''stop sign'' red spinel; a 5+ carat fancy cut pinkish red pink spinel from Mahenge, Tanzania. There were lots more that we didn''t see. It was quite overwhelming and lots of fun. There were lots of stones on my wish list, but I ended up buying a pretty 2+ carats mint green garnet.

Movie Zombie: I was at the gem show you told us about briefly. The only gem there I found interesting was the brown zircon. They come in different shades of brown and are so brilliant that they look like brown diamonds.

AN

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow our GTG was really fun and a very great opportunity to see a huge variety of colored stones. This was not the usual GTG that I have experienced before. Here's what happened:

We met up at a great Dim Sum restaurant, very crowded one too. Fortunately AN had reserved a table for us. We were worried that some PSers would have trouble finding us in that huge restaurant, but we all did figure it out. We had Harriet's husband join us and he is a very patient fellow, obviously used to ladies who love jewelry all simultaneously talking about it and passing it around.

At the lunch we got to see AN's fantastic new pink spinel which has both beautiful color and great brilliance. VR beauty regaled us with a whole TRAY of loose gemstones that she has collected. Swing girl pulled out her new blue zircon that dazzled us all. I sat next to Asschergirl and got to take a long look at her lovely bezel set studs from WF. We were so busy gabbing and eating that we did not take pictures at the lunch. Our topics were largely confined to gems and the state of the US economy. Harriet's husband was very informative on the latter point.

From there we got into our cars and drove up to San Fran to the gorgeous Fairmont Hotel where Harriet's dealer had turned her room into a gem emporium. On every table, counter and shelf were trays and trays of colored stones. Tsvaorites, sapphires, tourmalines, aquamarines, spinels, rubies, etc. They were all loose and available for us to examine at our leisure. The dealers were very nice, polite and handsome guys who answered our questions, showed us stones and poured us wine. Are we loving it? Oh yeah!
2.gif

It was great to meet this dealer and see their wares and make that relationship for purchases to come. We had a great time. It was a combo cocktail party and gem show put on just for us.
36.gif

I did not take so many photos, I was literally overwhlemed by the selections, but I will post what I have.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
The glow in the dark Paraiba tourmalines:

tray paraiba resize.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
A matched set of multi colored oval sapphs:

tray sapphs oval resize.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
If you prefer cushion sapphs here you go. Did I mention that the majority of the sapphs they showed us were natural and unheated!

tray sapphs cushion resize.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is a tray of Tsavs. Notice the large yellow cushion sapph on the far right.

Tray resize2.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My Word Beacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What beautiful sapphires. I would have been in heaven
30.gif

Did anyone purchase any stones????

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Be still my heart!!!
Gem HEAVEN!!
30.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon:

Thank you so much for posting pictures of our Fairmont adventure! I was trying to describe that cushion sapphire suite to a co-worker (and fellow gem lover) today and I knew I just wasn''t painting a complete picture -- until I was able to share your photo with her. Did happen to get a picture of the ~5-row sapphire bracelet suite?
30.gif
I could just envision the finished bracelet on my wrist ... ****sigh**** ... even though there isn''t a single aspect of my life that calls for something that beautifiul! A girl can dream, right?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update: so who managed to not buy anything?

movie zombie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 10:43:37 PM
Author: movie zombie

movie zombie

HA!!! That is what I would like to know. I would have had a hard time staying away from those sapphires.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t buy anything
8.gif
but I fell in love w/ a 3.42 ct cushion cut sapphire - periwinkle blue!!!! It was soooooo beautiful! It''s definitely on my wish list and Harriet I''m so thankful for hooking us up!!! Those guys were so nice, helpful and so full of knowledge! The first sapphire I fell in love w/ was that center bottom periwinkle blue sapp that beacon took a pic of (in the shape of a necklace). Although they will not break up those suites, they had a lot of individual stones that were similar to that suite.

VRBeauty - I just loved that EC sapphire suite, I would totally wear that as a bracelet every day if I could!
11.gif

BTW Swingirl, I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your new/old ring from Langs! YUM!!!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I cannot believe I missed this! This is the 2nd time I didn't meet up to a PS Bay Area GTG.. The worst part is that I am in the Bay Area..
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
7.gif
6.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I had a fabulous time! Thank you Art Nouveau and Harriet for organizing this event. The gem vendors were so nice and PATIENT. They had stories to tell about the stones and where they came from. This was my first real exposure to gemstones and I am hooked.

Harriet—your rings are to die for. They are so well designed and executed. I am hooked on color! Thank your husband for being such a good sport and joining us for part of his R&R.

Beacon—I love your new setting. The pave is exquisite. So glad you brought your camera. Otherwise I would forget how much we saw.

VRBeauty---Your pendant is so pretty. I love heirlooms and the story behind them. Thanks for bringing your gem collection for us to see.

Art Nouveau—I am hoping you’ll find your dream stone! Glad your friend L joined us. Her asscher is beautiful. You did good in finding that for her—locally!

AsscherGirl—I like your 3 matching bands. They fit so well together. Your asscher is a perfect size but of course we’d all like a 5 ct!!

InnerKitten—How nice that you were able to join us.

I must admit I bought a very small tsavorite that I fell in love with. I don’t think it’ll photograph very well but the color just caught my eye. I’ll try to capture it and post photos if anything shows up well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Swingirl
35.gif
I had a feeling you''d succumb! Can''t wait to see the new addition to your colored stone collection!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

It was lovely to meet you, though I wish I'd been able to chat more with some of you. Believe it or not, it was my first GTG (New Yorkers?
31.gif
). Art Nouveau, thank you very much for arranging everything and for bringing L, who is delightful. The dealers (yes, Beacon, they're cute and really interesting -- I'll tell you more stories at dinner tomorrow) were in town on business, so it was no trouble to have them come over. I love the 5-row emerald cut sapphire suite, but I may pick up the Mahenge as its cut is so unique (not to mention its gorgeous colour). Thank you for your compliments on my Leons.

P.S. We went to the restaurant that L recommended with the guys. We had a scrumptious dinner and then went back to the hotel to finish the red wine. They finally left at 1! We were tired, but thoroughly enjoyed the entire day.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 10:43:37 PM
Author: movie zombie

movie zombie
ME!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Aww,
8.gif
I wish I was around to join the GTG. It sure sounded like you guys had tonnes of fun! Can I be included for future bay area GTG please? Thanks!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would one of you kind ladies, please email Gypsy and ask her to email me?????? I misplaced her email addy.

Thank you so much.

Linda

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Linda, I just emailed Gypsy for you
1.gif

Hope to meet you at the next GTG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results