shape
carat
color
clarity

Basket or Bezel setting (earrings)

brtb

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of 1ctw 4 prong yellow gold diamond studs that I want to get reset. I don't really wear them right now because I'm not fond of the setting. Once I do get them reset they will be my everyday earrings. I also have pretty small earlobes so they look huge in my ears as they are now.

I know I want them reset in 14 white gold, but should I go with a low profile basket setting or a bezel setting? I want a versatile setting so that they'll look stunning whether I'm in jeans and a tee or a cocktail dress.

Thanks!

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the martini look. They are prong set but sit low to the ear and almost appear as if the diamond is floating on the ear.

brtb

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'll look into the martini look.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
I really like bezel settings. I think it adds somewhat to the size, and is a sleek, clean look. And then earrings don't catch in your hair.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
brtb|1340827139|3224592 said:
Thanks! I'll look into the martini look.
much easier to clean... ;))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bounght a pair of OEC's in bezels.. that I didn't care for, I changed the settings to baskets... I wish I had gone Martini.. I think they set better in the ears.. from my experience...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I like 8-prongs better than any other settings for studs, here are some pics of mine:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-diamond-studs-upgrade-0-88ctw-with-idj-jackets.175591/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-diamond-studs-upgrade-0-88ctw-with-idj-jackets.175591/[/URL]

I think the majority of those who wear earrings prefer 3 or 4-prong low-set martinis or baskets. I would try on pairs of both styles (do you have a Tiffany store near you?) to see which you prefer. I always thought I wanted bezels until I tried them on, they just didn't look right on my ears.

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
I love the 8 prong settings, I feel they are more secure than 3 prong martinis and they still have a lot of ligth. Anyway, I may be biased, as I have just purchased a pair of 1,16 cttw studs in an 8 prong setting 14k wg form IDJ! :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1340845981|3224837 said:
What size are the earrings? Under 6mm stones I like bezels. Over I like baskets. Neatfreak has these and they are low profile IMO: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/truth-studs-14k-rose-gold-5773r14

I like these baskets much better than mine.. I have to wear one of those plastic backs to keep mine from drooping.. my only watch out is not to set them in settings that are deep. Not sure if you can tell in this pictures but these settings are too deep or my ears are too floppy.. try a few one and get a feel for how they sit on your ears.

p4040032.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE bezels. I am not a fan of martini settings and find them uncomfortable.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
brtb|1340894442|3225116 said:
Gypsy|1340845981|3224837 said:
What size are the earrings? Under 6mm stones I like bezels. Over I like baskets. Neatfreak has these and they are low profile IMO: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/truth-studs-14k-rose-gold-5773r14

They are 1 ctw. But, my earlobes are small so they already look pretty big on my ears.

Thanks for so many replies! Decisions, decisions....

Bezels will make your earrings look surprisingly bigger. I second the idea of going to Tiffany and trying on a pair before having stones set into a style like that. Even trying on the martini style as well, would be a good idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results