shape
carat
color
clarity

Balloon Fiesta (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 10:17:03 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 10/13/2007 6:08:26 PM

Author: sera

Date: 10/12/2007 8:56:10 PM

Date: 10/12/2007 5:34:20 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Wow, Skippy! Those pics are great! I love the sun and cactus, and Noah''s Ark. good work!
9.gif

ETA-nope, favorite is the turtle!!!
3.gif

The turtle is my favorite too!!! Noah''s Ark and all the other special shapes are super cool and fun to look at; the more parts to the balloon the more expensive. It is so much fun; I am glad you liked the pics!!!

Great pics... it looks like the turtle is signing in ASL, ''C U'' like meaning ''see ya'' (or an abbreviation for something). Do you know if it was a C and a U or something else?

In Temecula, CA I was next in line for a balloon ride and then the wind came up, and the balloons were grounded.
8.gif
They really are something to see irl... and even in photos it''s amazing to see that many balloons!

Wow, I didn''t even notice that. You have eagle eyes! I attached another pic of the turtle. I will try and research to find out what it means. I am sorry you didn''t get to ride in one. They are so cool to see irl; I am glad you saw them too! They are HUGE don''t ya think?! Thanks for your sweet words.
I''m not sure it is a "see ya" or initials, but especially in the large pic his hands definitely look like a CU. Though, typically, signs are from the signers perspective (so the turtle''s perspective (lol) would read UC). The same questions were asked about the Lincoln Memorial... Abe''s hands form an AL (from the statue''s perspective).
37.gif

And, yes, they are unbelievably huge! All those colors look so pretty against the blue sky :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool pictures Skip! Looks like fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 11:02:32 PM

Wow, I didn''t even notice that. You have eagle eyes! I attached another pic of the turtle. I will try and research to find out what it means. I am sorry you didn''t get to ride in one. They are so cool to see irl; I am glad you saw them too! They are HUGE don''t ya think?! Thanks for your sweet words.
I''m not sure it is a ''see ya'' or initials, but especially in the large pic his hands definitely look like a CU. Though, typically, signs are from the signers perspective (so the turtle''s perspective (lol) would read UC). The same questions were asked about the Lincoln Memorial... Abe''s hands form an AL (from the statue''s perspective).
37.gif

And, yes, they are unbelievably huge! All those colors look so pretty against the blue sky :)
Okay, all I could find out about the balloon is that it is called "Mr. Bup" and the back of the cap says I heart NY and the pilot is from Vrasene, NA (BELGIUM), sorry. I like it saying See ya!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 10:42:04 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 10/13/2007 11:39:40 AM

Date: 10/12/2007 10:50:01 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh goodness! Those pics are fantastic Skippy! Thanks for sharing! I''ve never seen anything like it. I''ve seen regular hot air balloons, sure, but, nothing like bottles of champagne and animals! Very cool!
Miranda, I hope you see this, but I was wondering where you bought your lovely bar stools in your kitchen?? Thanks for your sweet words Miranda!!!

At Cost Plus. It doesn''t look like they have the bar stools anymore, but, here''s a link to the dining chairs. They didn''t have counter height stools so I just bought the bar stool height and had DH cut off the legs. They were not very expensive which is fine with me since my kiddies are always eating at them. I''ve had them for a year and they still look brand new. I just shake them out outside or vacuum them when the crumbs become too much! HTH!
Miranda, I loved your stools and chairs when I saw them! I love that they are so beautiful. Darn, we need tall stools. Thanks for the linky. How is the fire pit? I bet you are loving it now that it is fall. I would love to hang out and have wine while watching the fire. hehee NICE!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 10:15:13 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Thanks Skippy. No I haven''t tried snorkling. I guess it would help if I learned to swim. I did however, did white water rafting. Hubby went with a friend and said I should go. I said no way. But little kids and grandma''s were doing it. Of course I had to do it then. Boy was I scared! But after a while, I really had fun. It also helped that I had on a life vest. And I didn''t fall into the water. I''m so proud of that!
You should take swimming lessons; it is so much fun and I am not the best swimmer. That is so cool you went white water rafting; I did it once an loved it! You should be proud of that.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm and Tacori!!!!
9.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 11:21:15 PM
Date: 10/13/2007 11:02:32 PM

I''m not sure it is a ''see ya'' or initials, but especially in the large pic his hands definitely look like a CU. Though, typically, signs are from the signers perspective (so the turtle''s perspective (lol) would read UC). The same questions were asked about the Lincoln Memorial... Abe''s hands form an AL (from the statue''s perspective).
37.gif

Okay, all I could find out about the balloon is that it is called ''Mr. Bup'' and the back of the cap says I heart NY and the pilot is from Vrasene, NA (BELGIUM), sorry. I like it saying See ya!
Yeah, I looked it up on the festival''s site then googled the name which brought me to Mr. Bup''s site lol. Didn''t find anything related. If his hands aren''t forming manual alphabet shapes, maybe Mr. Bup is a gansta and he''s throwin'' down his gang signs lol.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks for sharing those photos...I love the 5th photo, that angry looking green pumpkiny looking thing with the pink thing on its shoulder is so funny looking...those novelty balloons look very surreal all up in the air in that photo. Very cool!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you SDL and Surfgirl; I appreciate your kind words.

Sorry to bump this but I wanted to let Mellyjm know that you can find the Darth Vader Balloon on the Albq International Balloon Fiesta photo gallery in the special shapes section, hth!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m glad you bumped this skip! i missed it before.
39.gif

those are GREAT pics!! thanks for sharing them.
i didn''t get a chance to go this year and the weather was PERFECT
39.gif
39.gif

glad you had a good time!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 1:33:22 PM
Author: belle
i'm glad you bumped this skip! i missed it before.
39.gif

those are GREAT pics!! thanks for sharing them.
i didn't get a chance to go this year and the weather was PERFECT
39.gif
39.gif

glad you had a good time!
36.gif
Thanks Miss Belle! The weather was perfect!!! Next time!
2.gif
With that park and ride everything is so easy; got to love how organized they have become!!!
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, thank you for sharing these with us, Skippy! You are always so thoughtful!

I loved seeing all of these balloons you posted...I honestly did not know they made them in so many different shapes, sizes, animals, etc...it reminded me of the Macy''s Thanksgiving Day Parade! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!

I have always been fascinated by hot air balloons...never have been in one, but it''s on my list of things to do before I die!
9.gif

Your pictures were gorgeous! I felt like I was right there! Thanks again!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results