shape
carat
color
clarity

Balloon Fiesta (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 6:12:25 PM
Author: luckystar112
I love those pics Skippy!!!

Have you ever gone up in one of those balloons? It looks like it would be scary!
I did ride in a balloon once. I realized while up in the balloon I was deathly
6.gif
afraid of heights. Especially when landing the balloon is the freakiest and sometimes you don''t know what kind of landing you will have. They are a bit dangerous; I feel safer in a plane. Thanks Luckystar!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:00:07 PM
Author: Skippy123

Have you ever gone up in one of those balloons? It looks like it would be scary!
6.gif
afraid of heights. Especially when landing the balloon is the freakiest and sometimes you don''t know what kind of landing you will have. They are a bit dangerous; I feel safer in a plane. Thanks Luckystar!!!
Yikes that does sound scary!! I have been on so many small planes where the landings had me kissing the ground once I got off. DH cracks up at me, saying ok ok, we''ll be just fine. I''m like and HOW do you know that??? OY!!
11.gif

But these pics are truly lovely and invoke a peaceful feeling, so will concentrate on that!!!
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 6:45:48 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
How cool was that? I really enjoyed it...THANKS!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Must tell you the best part...I was still tucked in at 5:00AM!!! And because of thoughtful you...I still got to see the lovelys!! I heart you!!

DKS
I am glad you were sleeping at 5; people should not be up at that hour! hehe
I heart you too and love your happy go lucky positive attitude sweetie!!
biggyhug.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:29:11 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 10/12/2007 9:00:07 PM

6.gif
afraid of heights. Especially when landing the balloon is the freakiest and sometimes you don't know what kind of landing you will have. They are a bit dangerous; I feel safer in a plane. Thanks Luckystar!!!
Yikes that does sound scary!! I have been on so many small planes where the landings had me kissing the ground once I got off. DH cracks up at me, saying ok ok, we'll be just fine. I'm like and HOW do you know that??? OY!!
11.gif

But these pics are truly lovely and invoke a peaceful feeling, so will concentrate on that!!!
12.gif
Lisa, you are too cute! I get off small planes too and want to kiss the ground. hehee Well, I rode in a balloon when I was around 10 but I don't forget how scary I thought it was for sure! I am afraid of heights but I can do planes and helicopters.

Awe thanks Lisa! You always make a person feel like a million bucks!!! They are peaceful to look at. This morning it was really cool because they have contests for the ballooners and you could win a car or money so they put an envelope tied to a pole and all the balloons try for the prize! The crowd gets really into it!

Eta: Does your hubby have his own plane? Or do you ride in the little planes to Nantucket?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 6:47:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
the pics are awesome skippy. my kids would just love to see something like that live. very, very cool!!
Mrs. Salvo, kids love it! You should bring your girls out for a little vacation to see the balloons. It is so much fun to see the little ones faces when they see the special shaped balloons. This morning this little boy kept saying look how cool mom! It was too cute for sure! I remember as a kid thinking it was the best and still do think it is the best as an adult. Now they have a balloon glow and fireworks show; it is great family fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 6:59:32 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Very cool!! Thanks for posting!! Looks like loads of fun.

I've been to much smaller balloon launches, but I think yours is one of the biggest (if not the biggest).
35.gif
Fly Girl, ours is the biggest in the world. It is really amazing. I guess it started in the early 70's with only approx a dozen balloons and it grew. I guess in early 2000 there were over 1000 balloons and now they limit it to 750 balloons. It is safer that way and approx 100,000 visitors from all over the world come to the enjoy the beauty! I guess we have excellent weather conditions for flying too! I love to meet so many different people and see balloons from all over sometimes they will have which country they are from on their balloon.

When I was a kid my classmates grandpa had our class help get his balloon filled in the park. It was so cool to walk in the inside; he did not give rides due to safety issues but it was fun to learn about them. Have you ridden in one?? Miss Fly Girl thanks; I was just doing my ps duty. hehee
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, thank you for the visual treats!!! I loved looking at the pictures, the classic style balloons and colors are my absolute favorites, they remind me of gemstones floating around in the sky!
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness! Those pics are fantastic Skippy! Thanks for sharing! I''ve never seen anything like it. I''ve seen regular hot air balloons, sure, but, nothing like bottles of champagne and animals! Very cool!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing your pics with us.I have never seen anything like it before so thanks Skip...So nice of you to always take pics for us to see and learn something new..

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:52:03 PM

I've been to much smaller balloon launches, but I think yours is one of the biggest (if not the biggest).
35.gif
Fly Girl, ours is the biggest in the world. It is really amazing. I guess it started in the early 70's with only approx a dozen balloons and it grew. I guess in early 2000 there were over 1000 balloons and now they limit it to 750 balloons. It is safer that way and approx 100,000 visitors from all over the world come to the enjoy the beauty! I guess we have excellent weather conditions for flying too! I love to meet so many different people and see balloons from all over sometimes they will have which country they are from on their balloon.

When I was a kid my classmates grandpa had our class help get his balloon filled in the park. It was so cool to walk in the inside; he did not give rides due to safety issues but it was fun to learn about them. Have you ridden in one?? Miss Fly Girl thanks; I was just doing my ps duty. hehee
2.gif
Yes, you have great flying weather. I have never been in a balloon. My little sister was part of a balloon team for a while. They always have a chase team, because every balloon landing is an off airport landing. Every once in a while the chase team members got rewarded with a ride.

I have seen balloons aloft while flying. They have the right of way, of course. Speaking of fancy shaped balloons, there is the story of the pilot who was told by air traffic control to be on the lookout for a large yellow rubber ducky. Not your usual radio call.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy my friend; thank you for the awesome photos. They are great. The turtle is really cute but I liked the smiling sun and space shuttle too. I used to work at a photo finisher for years and I always loved looking at the balloon festival photos. They were among my favorite photos to look at. I would say it was well worth getting up at 5 a.m. to go see.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 12:11:33 AM

Date: 10/12/2007 9:52:03 PM

I''ve been to much smaller balloon launches, but I think yours is one of the biggest (if not the biggest).
35.gif
Fly Girl, ours is the biggest in the world. It is really amazing. I guess it started in the early 70''s with only approx a dozen balloons and it grew. I guess in early 2000 there were over 1000 balloons and now they limit it to 750 balloons. It is safer that way and approx 100,000 visitors from all over the world come to the enjoy the beauty! I guess we have excellent weather conditions for flying too! I love to meet so many different people and see balloons from all over sometimes they will have which country they are from on their balloon.

2.gif
Yes, you have great flying weather. I have never been in a balloon. My little sister was part of a balloon team for a while. They always have a chase team, because every balloon landing is an off airport landing. Every once in a while the chase team members got rewarded with a ride.

I have seen balloons aloft while flying. They have the right of way, of course. Speaking of fancy shaped balloons, there is the story of the pilot who was told by air traffic control to be on the lookout for a large yellow rubber ducky. Not your usual radio call.
1.gif
LOL to the ducky in the sky FlyGirl. They have lots of chase crew opprotunity''s and I think they let you have a ride in the balloon like your sister. People love being part of the thrill!!!! I live by an area of open land so I see them landing and I always see the chase crew members jumping out and running to the balloons. People here know to stay out of the chase crews way. How fun for your sister; very cool!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 10:50:01 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh goodness! Those pics are fantastic Skippy! Thanks for sharing! I''ve never seen anything like it. I''ve seen regular hot air balloons, sure, but, nothing like bottles of champagne and animals! Very cool!
Miranda, I hope you see this, but I was wondering where you bought your lovely bar stools in your kitchen?? Thanks for your sweet words Miranda!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me share and I appreciate all your kind words Ness, Somethingshiny, Miss Lisa, Miss Sharon, sweet LindaW, Ira, Marvel (ps. I love the kitty avatar), Thing2of2, Miss Monnie, sweet Scarleta, and my pal Marcy!!!!
12.gif

biggyhug.gif

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Hey Skippy those pics were great! I live in Alb, but I haven''t really gotten a chance to see the balloons in flight because I am already at school! I was wondering if you got any pics of the darth vader? Or was it flying the day you went?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
That would be so much fun. Thanks for the pictures.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 1:10:38 PM
Author: mellyjm
Hey Skippy those pics were great! I live in Alb, but I haven't really gotten a chance to see the balloons in flight because I am already at school! I was wondering if you got any pics of the darth vader? Or was it flying the day you went?
See darth vader between those 2 balloons; he was facing the other direction! Dang you should be here to enjoy them; it was a great day! We hadn't been out to see them since 2001; with the park n ride it makes it super easy! Nice to meet a fellow New Mexican! We have a few others from our state on PS. Mellyjim, red or green? hehe

IMG_0098.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geat pics Skippy! Looks like it was a glorious day for the bloons.

And while the character ones are really cute, I still love the originals best. Those are my favorite pics.
5.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
These are really cool pictures Skippy! It must be quite breathtaking to see all these balloons lifting off at the same time!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, the pictures are amazing. That must have been so fun! All the different balloons....have you ever gone up in one? That would be too cool. There are 2 things that I would like to do. One is sky-dive, and the other is to scuba-dive. Always wanted to do those...but what are my chances of doing either. I''m a big chicken. LOL.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow -- SPECTACULAR! I love the different shaped ones! I never realized that they came in anything but "round".

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 8:56:10 PM
Date: 10/12/2007 5:34:20 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Wow, Skippy! Those pics are great! I love the sun and cactus, and Noah's Ark. good work!
9.gif

ETA-nope, favorite is the turtle!!!
3.gif

The turtle is my favorite too!!! Noah's Ark and all the other special shapes are super cool and fun to look at; the more parts to the balloon the more expensive. It is so much fun; I am glad you liked the pics!!!
Great pics... it looks like the turtle is signing in ASL, "C U" like meaning "see ya" (or an abbreviation for something). Do you know if it was a C and a U or something else?

In Temecula, CA I was next in line for a balloon ride and then the wind came up, and the balloons were grounded.
8.gif
They really are something to see irl... and even in photos it's amazing to see that many balloons!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy! Thanks for sharing those!!! They''re incredible. I love all of the balloons (I *think* my favorite is the balloon that looks like Noah''s Ark). My favorite picture is the one immediately below the photo with the Target bullseye. If I had that shot, I''d definitely blow it up, frame it, and hang it somewhere in my house. Gorgeous!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
slider_grouphugg.gif

Thanks for the sweet words Mellyjim, Oshinbreez, Miss Ellen, SimplySplendid, DeeJay, Zoe, Sera and Gothgirl!!!

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
I would have never seen Darth Vader hiding behind those bees! Thanks for pointing him out, too bad he wouldn''t turn around to get his pic taken. I like green myself, but every now and then I find myself craving the red! How ''bout you, green or red??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:51:38 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Skippy, the pictures are amazing. That must have been so fun! All the different balloons....have you ever gone up in one? That would be too cool. There are 2 things that I would like to do. One is sky-dive, and the other is to scuba-dive. Always wanted to do those...but what are my chances of doing either. I''m a big chicken. LOL.
I did ride in a balloon once. I realized while up in the balloon I was deathly afraid of heights. Especially when landing the balloon is the freakiest and sometimes you don''t know what kind of landing you will have. They are a bit dangerous; I feel safer in a plane. hehe

I don''t think I could ever sky dive. I do like snorkeling and hope to become certified in scuba! I tried scuba and it is fun but I need to get certified for sure. I think you should try snorkeling Gothgrrl; have you done it??? Thanks for liking my pics; I am loving your new pear!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 9:56:24 PM
Author: mellyjm
I would have never seen Darth Vader hiding behind those bees! Thanks for pointing him out, too bad he wouldn''t turn around to get his pic taken. I like green myself, but every now and then I find myself craving the red! How ''bout you, green or red??
Red in tamales and posole. I think I am allergic to green because I get very sick eating it. My hubby loves both and the hotter the better. hehee
31.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy. No I haven''t tried snorkling. I guess it would help if I learned to swim. I did however, did white water rafting. Hubby went with a friend and said I should go. I said no way. But little kids and grandma''s were doing it. Of course I had to do it then. Boy was I scared! But after a while, I really had fun. It also helped that I had on a life vest. And I didn''t fall into the water. I''m so proud of that!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 6:08:26 PM
Author: sera

Date: 10/12/2007 8:56:10 PM

Date: 10/12/2007 5:34:20 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Wow, Skippy! Those pics are great! I love the sun and cactus, and Noah's Ark. good work!
9.gif

ETA-nope, favorite is the turtle!!!
3.gif

The turtle is my favorite too!!! Noah's Ark and all the other special shapes are super cool and fun to look at; the more parts to the balloon the more expensive. It is so much fun; I am glad you liked the pics!!!
Great pics... it looks like the turtle is signing in ASL, 'C U' like meaning 'see ya' (or an abbreviation for something). Do you know if it was a C and a U or something else?

In Temecula, CA I was next in line for a balloon ride and then the wind came up, and the balloons were grounded.
8.gif
They really are something to see irl... and even in photos it's amazing to see that many balloons!

Wow, I didn't even notice that. You have eagle eyes! I attached another pic of the turtle. I will try and research to find out what it means. I am sorry you didn't get to ride in one. They are so cool to see irl; I am glad you saw them too! They are HUGE don't ya think?! Thanks for your sweet words.

IMG_0133.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 11:39:40 AM

Date: 10/12/2007 10:50:01 PM
Author: Miranda
Miranda, I hope you see this, but I was wondering where you bought your lovely bar stools in your kitchen?? Thanks for your sweet words Miranda!!!

At Cost Plus. It doesn''t look like they have the bar stools anymore, but, here''s a link to the dining chairs. They didn''t have counter height stools so I just bought the bar stool height and had DH cut off the legs. They were not very expensive which is fine with me since my kiddies are always eating at them. I''ve had them for a year and they still look brand new. I just shake them out outside or vacuum them when the crumbs become too much! HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results