shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad setting job!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I finally got my LOGR ring with Barry''s tanga garnet. Will, my DH picked it up for me yesterday. When I got home from work he suprised me with the ring. Boy, was I ever surprised!!

It has got to be one of the most ugliest bezel job I have ever seen!! It''s not even, there are gaps in the corners and sharp areas.
38.gif

I asked my DH if he looked at the ring before bringing it home and of course he answered "no". It just made me sick to my stomach and so mad. I can''t wear the ring like this. It''s just so noticeable.

To top it all off, I''m having problems posting the pictures of the ring on PS!!!
29.gif
29.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awww mochi, I''m so sorry that you got what you got, Will you be taking it back to the jeweler today?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:58:45 AM
Author: D&T
awww mochi, I''m so sorry that you got what you got, Will you be taking it back to the jeweler today?
Yes, definitely. My regular jeweller did not do the job but he sent it to someone else to do it. I''m just really suprised that he didn''t even say anything about the quality of the work to my DH. I''m thinking he didn''t even look at it when he got it back because he usually is pretty meticulous about it.
15.gif

To top it off, my computer is back in the shop and I''m using my hubby''s comp... I can''t get the pictures to load up so I can show you all.
7.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How completely frustrating. I''m sorry!
8.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s too bad, I hope they fix it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I just posted the pictures in the gallery. They should show on the side of your screen...
38.gif

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mochi- that is a really bad job. I''m so sorry, your jeweller should definitely sort it out for you.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry Mochi,
I would make the jeweler fix it, and if they didn''t, I would contact the BBB in your area. That''s just wrong!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Finally got the pictures going...

smpicbad ring 001.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
39.gif

smpicbad ring 002.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
38.gif

smpicbad ring 003.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

smpicbad ring 004.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
14.gif

smpicbad ring 005.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I am so surprised that they would even charged my husband for this. It was a total surprise to see this kind of workmanship. If he can't do anything about it, I want my $$ back and I'm going to contact WF and see if they can salvage the setting and help me.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry about this, I can only imagine how disappointed and upset you are, I would think the jeweler would do everything in his power to make this right, I agree that it is unacceptable. (btw, the actual ring is stunning, the garnet with those diamonds is to die for!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh mochi, all I can say is YIKES!!
6.gif
I hope they can fix this without ruining the setting. My fingers are crossed for you!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap mochi, that is bad, what an outrage! What is it with the bad setting jobs lately - I''m trying to have one fixed, myself. I''m so sorry this happened mochi, and I hope you can get this resolved. I know it''s possible to rebuild prongs, but can you rebuild a bezel? I guess worst case scenario, they can take the bezel off, polish the rim, and add prongs. I wonder why your jeweler sent this job out to someone else? Hugs to you mochi, and keep us posted.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That is completely unacceptable..looks like something you would get from a cracker jack box...I am sorry that happened..it''s alomost like it is supossed to be a joke or something..please try and get it fixed and/or a full refund...sorry this happened..ouch

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
So sorry that this happened to you. The uneven bezel looks like an amateur did it. I would go right back to the jeweler and show him the poor quality.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Mochi! I''m so sorry - I can''t believe a jeweler would let that go without QCing it!

I hope it gets fixed promptly for you! ((((hugs)))))

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah, it does look pretty choppy, but it''s probably not as bad as it looks. If the upper edge of the girdle is still lower than the low point of the bezel, (see arrow on pic), this can be easily fixed with a little trimming using a sharp graver. If the girdle is sticking up too high, then the stone will need to be removed and re-set a bit lower. This sort of thing happens with newbie setters who are trying to hurry by using those little rubber abrasive wheels to do what should be a hand trimming job. It''s really surprising that it got out of the shop this way. You might try contacting the seller and seeing if they''ll fix it ASAP, as it really is a pretty easy job, (15min if the stone''s set evenly and all it needs is trimming).

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
OOPS, forgot the picture. Check the low point of the bezel with a loupe and see if the girdle is sticking up. If not, this fix will be very easy and fast.

BEZEL FIX.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO MOCHI!
38.gif
So sorry you''re having to deal with that! I hope they make it right AND refund your $$!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
God, that''s terrible! I think you should raise some hell about this - especially if it isn''t your usual jeweler doing it. He needs to know he can''t send work out to this person.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! That really is obvious...so sorry
8.gif
Hope your jeweler fixes it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I too can clearly see the problem. So sorry.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hopefully it''ll be an easy fix like Michael said. But I cannot believe anyone will let it leave their door like that! What were they thinking???
29.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Yikes... that bezel is a little.. wonky!! Hope they can fix it, mochi!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
Dang! it looks like its been chewed on! I also hope your jeweler makes this right for you.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi,
Is this what you said you were waiting for three months at your jewelers to complete?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results