shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire :o)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire

From the previous thread:

2.55cts, 8.44-8.50x5.63mm, S-T range, VS2, 66.5% depth, 47% table, faint fluorescence.

And I think GemFever is a size 5?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you ringcat!

Thank you Tekate! What a story of the OEC from your first marriage. To take the stone back 20 years later!? Wow. But it sounds like you were one of the pioneers of appreciating and loving warm vintage stones! :)) It took me a little while to come around to the color, but I'm really enjoying it now. I hope you can get a new beautiful warm OEC to enjoy!

Jereni, thank you! I like how you put that -- the stone is big enough to dominate the bezel. I think you are right... while I love bezels in general, I was a little afraid to do a bezel solitaire of a round stone. But I think it worked out, maybe in part to the stone size, and in part because the milgrain adds something. And I have to say thank you to BGD for making a very good bezel. Maybe also the cathedral sides of the ring help to tie everything together so it doesn't look like a flying saucer stranded on the finger (this is where I admit that I was really pretty nervous about a round bezel ;)) ).

Misskittycat -- thanks for posting the specs! Yup, I'm a ring size 4.5-5 (I had this ring made in a size 5 so I could potentially build a stack without it becoming too tight).

Ashleigh-- misskittycat posted the specs above, Audrey is a GIA-certed S-T. But I have to admit that the S-T grade came a big surprised to me (and a bunch of other people who'd seen Audrey both set and loose). The ebay seller's appraiser thought it was a K. My local jeweler (when he unset it) thought it was M-N (but he doesn't specialize in old stones). A friend of mine in NYC took it to her guys in the diamond district and they thought N at the lowest (and they saw it loose). That is to say -- Audrey really hides her color well. I think the lower you go in color, the more the personality of the stone matters. And then the various shades of yellow/brown/grey tint come into play... So if you get a warm RHR, try to make sure you have a solid return policy and spend several days with the stone to see how you like the chameleon colors in various light situations.

For more pics, check out this thread (when I first got Audrey): [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-audrey-my-2-55ct-s-t-oec-bundle-of-creamy-goodness.193454/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-audrey-my-2-55ct-s-t-oec-bundle-of-creamy-goodness.193454/[/URL]

And I'm planning to do a photo session with the DSLR camera today, so more photos in the bezel are forthcoming. ::)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Maybe one last pic overload :bigsmile:

First four are DSLR pics --

img_4488.jpg

img_4495.jpg

img_2923.jpg

img_4439__2_.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Last four are iPhone pics. The first pic is showing color, the middle two are from a Chinese restaurant with some fantastic lighting (and food! :lickout: ) and the last one is a snapshot from the set up for the DSLR shoot. Sometimes the iphone can pick up things the DSLR has trouble with.

:wavey:

img_8960-2.jpg

img_2924.jpg

img_9541-2.jpg

img_9591-2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: love the new pics Gemfever :love:
Your new classic ring is just perfect!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous pics!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love these gorgeous new pics GemFever!!!
hubba%20hubba.gif

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

What a beautiful stone and reset.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Misskitty, thanks for the specs.

Gemfever, I love the new photos, especially those with DSLR. I can see the milgrain so clearly. :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

I thought Audrey looked amazing in the YG solitaire, not thinking it could get any better. And lo and behold, I was so so wrong! This bezel is PERFECT!!! It's beautiful!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much Acinom, Laila, junebug, pregcurious, Ashleigh, Dreamer, and sweetpea&babycorn!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful on you!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

I don't know how is it possible that I haven't noticed this thread before but your Audrey looks even more amazing than before! The yellow gold solitaire was beautiful but this looks like... her home. :love: :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks guys!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results