shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire :o)

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Audrey (2.55 S-T OEC) in a platinum BGD bezel solitaire

I loved her before, but this seems like such a perfect home for her. :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love: Love the new setting....

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh gosh!! I just LOVE the milgrain bezel setting!! It's so simple.. yet simply perfect!!! :appl:
Enjoy! Congrats!

badabling

Shiny_Rock

It's a simple but beautiful setting. It's an understated yet classically beautiful setting.....love it!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you D&T, Circe, adorezy, k_darling, Mayk, Rubies-R-Me, and badabling! :wavey:

Dreamer -- so true about size and *especially* faceting trumping everything else! Really in the end I think it was the faceting that made it impossible for me to give this diamond up when I was agonizing over the color. And now I'm really loving the color too, against the plat. And the extra contrast provided by the bezel, as you said.

As for bands, I'm going to get a platinum milgrained band to match the milgraining on the bezel. I'm not sure about the width (current YG is 3mm, I want thinner I think) and if I want just one or two (one for each side of the ring, since they sit flush I might as well go for total symmetry).

~*~*~*~

snapshot from today -- Audrey next to one of my favorite sweaters. It's a light beige color and the diamond matched it in color perfectly today (well, it looked like molten metallic beige with sparkles ::) ). I think this is why it didn't work in the gold setting before -- the color of 14k yellow gold was a whole different shade and clashed with this diamond tint.

img_8798-2.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh the buttery goodness :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Asscherhalo_lover|1385522656|3563620 said:
Oh the buttery goodness :love:

:rodent:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Does your stone have a brownish hue rather than yellow?

I think your ring would look great with a couple of textured metal bands each 2mm stacked in place of your YG band.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Dreamer_D|1385524912|3563650 said:

I think your ring would look great with a couple of textured metal bands each 2mm stacked in place of your YG band.

Hmmm, 2mm textured metal sounds fun! If you have any inspiration pics, please post them here. I need all the help I can get!

The diamond body color does look more beige than yellow. Here's what it looked like loose (though this color is exaggerated, it was taken in a beige room at sunset).

_12217.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

She is unbearably beautiful in her new setting. Her facet pattern is spectacular!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, I love your setting and the finger coverage is great! Amazing ring :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Gem!!! WOW! :love: Audrey looks amazing...I love her facet pattern and wonderful creamy color. She is a show stopper!

Audrey looks absolutely stunning in her new setting. The plat bezel shows her off perfectly, her facets look so sharp and crisp. The setting is gorgeous, I love the blend of a little bit of vintage with the milgrain and the sleek, modern profile. Yummm!!!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Audrey is beautiful, and perfect for you in the new setting! Not only does it do great things for her, but it meshes with your style much better. I can hardly wait to where you take her (and photos of her) as the seasons progress!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

GemFever|1385526282|3563661 said:
Dreamer_D|1385524912|3563650 said:

Hmmm, 2mm textured metal sounds fun! If you have any inspiration pics, please post them here. I need all the help I can get!

The diamond body color does look more beige than yellow. Here's what it looked like loose (though this color is exaggerated, it was taken in a beige room at sunset).

Lovely color and I do think it would clash with yellow gold a little.

No pics, but I was imagining a twist band paired with an engraved band... or a bezel-set OMC band paired with an engraved band... you see what I mean I am sure. Something with visual interest.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

GemFever|1385484657|3563239 said:
The setting is very comfortable and gives me peace of mind. The only "problem" is that it still catches (the side of the ring) when I stick my hand into a pocket. But I think that's inevitable when a stone is over a certain size, so I'm not complaining!

GemFever, That's a nice "problem" :naughty:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks misskittycat! I do adore her faceting ::)

Thanks Ashleigh!

Thank you Armywife! :))

IE_Princess -- Thank you! You rock for saying you're looking forward to more photos ;)) , because I can't wait to do a proper photoshoot when the sun comes out. Or maybe SNOW!!! Oh, that would be fun. And of course you are right that this setting is so perfect for my style and lifestyle. It feels really fitting for me right now.

Dreamer -- yup, I get what you mean about the bands. Maybe I'll experiment with some silver bands until I hit the right look, and then go with plat.

sweet_blossom, I know right! :cheeky:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Oh how I love this ring :love: :love: :love: I think you made the absolute perfect setting choice! Audrey is such a beautiful diamond and this setting is the perfect "frame" to showcase her. An oec/avr in a modern setting is at the top of my fantasy alternate ering list , so your gorgeous ring makes my heart sing!!!
Dibs if you ever tire of her :naughty:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks woofmama!

The sun is out today! As warned, more pics! :bigsmile:

img_8912.jpg

img_8902.jpg

img_8930.jpg

img_8938.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

She looks even more amazing! I love the fluor! I love her with the frenchies too; I'd be tempted to mix metals to wear them that way, or to do a reset in platinum. And wow, you have room for lots of rings on your finger!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!! I'm a total sucker for milgrain. I love seeing the different personalities in your pics. Audrey is a real stunner!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Omg- you can totally rock that with the frenchies!!!! Do it :devil: That's fabulous!!!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock

I agree! Fabulous gorgeous magnificent with the frenchies!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am in love with Audrey. The color, the bezel-- love it all! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I LOVE this reset GemFever!! :appl: Audrey looks so white, bright, and BIG… and her faceting looks so crisp and clear - the other setting was pretty, but this one just really makes Audrey look even more fantastic! Looks so amazing on you! Excellent choice!

And congrats on Jewel of the week!!! Very well deserved!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Oh my gawd, this is how I feel about being Jewel of the Week --
dancing_penguin.gif

Thank you so much PS! Would have never happened without this great community.

Today I had my first comment about Audrey from a stranger (owner of the neighborhood Beer & Wine at check out): "Big diamond! Is that 5 carats?" :bigsmile:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks IE_Princess! I think I may reset the frenchies in a matching metal someday (and maybe a more matching style to the bezel) but for now they are part of my backup yellow gold set. They're in storage, but they still know I love 'em! :halo:

Thanks NKOTB! I was a little worried about the milgrain at first (thought it wasn't fine enough when I saw the super magnified glamour shots) but I'm really enjoying it now.

Thanks woofmama and BlingyMo! Maybe I'll wear Audrey with frenchies when I go to the theater or something. Can't be understated all the time, kwim? :cheeky:

Thank you derbygal!

Junebug, thank you so much!
woohoo.gif

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Audrey looks absolutely fabulous in her new setting! Congratulations Gemfever! She looks divine! :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever a bit of history on my owning of a diamond.. when I was 22 I become engaged to 1st husband.. college B/F.. he gifted me a 1.50 carat diamond that the jewler said was an old mine cut, this had been his mom's e-ring and his grandmother's e-ring.. we broke up in 1985.. his mom said I should keep it and years later had it reset into a partial bezel pendant.. I LOVED THAT STONE.. but I always knew that it may have to return to the family of my ex.. my stone really was an OEC, it was round.. it was WARM.. it gave off colors of the rainbow.. I became engaged again in 1987 and my current and bestie husband :) bought me a 1.66 round brilliant stone (don't know the cut, but was told it was a 'bit' shallow in 2005 when I had it appraised for insurance reasons). my new stone is a G/H color VS2.. it's not fiery as much as ray(s) of white light! it's a very nice stone.. I love it and it makes me feel really loved by the guy of my life..

back to the pendant/engagement stone.. 20 years after ending of marriage my exmotherinlaw calls me and hints to me that she would like her stone back.. her grandson needed a ring/stone.. being a well bred girl...woman I returned it..a family stone belongs to the family or origin.. even though she said I could keep the stone in the back of my mind I felt it belonged to my 1st husbands famly... I loved loved loved my warm OEC rainbows ... color! it was so beautiful... so while my stone wasn't a 2.55 like your B E A U T I F U L Audrey (and girl that stone is one of if not THE most beautiful stones I have seen).... I missed my pendant and OEC stone.. I miss the warmth, class, beauty and charm of an OEC.. I love my icy/blue new stone.. but I love the OEC... your new setting is to die for.. it's perfect.. I love it.. Bezel setting is wonderful for OEC's..very classy ring with an obviously very classy owner.. wear in wonderful health, time and place.. again.. your Audrey is: :love: :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Late to the party, but saw this in JewelOfTheWeek - super gorg!!!! I love a good bezel, eespecially when the stone is big enough to dominate it. Beautiful!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Gemfever, I've came back to look at your ring so many times. Do you ming sharing the mm size and your finger size? You mentioned it's a S-T color. What cert is that? Your S-T is so yummy. I'm recently considering a M RHR but your S-T is giving me ideas. More pics please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results