shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher e-ring update!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post some updates of our newly upgraded asscher e-ring. It''s been around a month since we have gotten engaged and already have made significant changes/upgrades to the setting/prongs.
3.gif

I do have one question for all of you wise folks here at ps. We have considered migrating this diamond from the current tapered baguette setting into a micro-pave halo setting. I know it''s a matter of personal preference but I wouldn''t mind polling the majority here and seeing what everyone thinks/prefers. We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers,
Michelle & George
1.gif

Asscher111.jpg

gedean

Shiny_Rock

Asscher222.jpg

gedean

Shiny_Rock

Asscher333.JPG

gedean

Shiny_Rock
One more after this!

Asscher444.jpg

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

Asscher555.JPG

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is very pretty. What are the stats?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring!
Stats please!
1.gif

I love asschers with tapered baguettes. It''s one of my favorite stone combos. So that would get my vote. Could you post some of the pave settings you''re thinking about?

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the compliments. Here are the stats: center stone is a 1ct (but looks like a 1.25 due to it''s large table
31.gif
), D, VS2. The baguettes adds in about 0.3 more cts to the total weight.

Here is a link to a halo setting similar to what we might consider (except what we are considering has one band instead of two).

Let me know what guys think. Thanks again to all you trusted PSers!

Cheer,
George and Michelle

sera

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely! I love Asschers!!! Congrats!

As a hopefully-future-asscher-halo-rhr owner, the halo would be my choice. I kind of like the contrast with the Asscher and pave.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
gedean, I''m just curious, but what did you change already? I found your old thread asking if you should set the stone higher and compared those pictures, and it looks like you may have lowered the stone?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring it looks beautiful just the way it is :) fluid, simple and elegant :)

I''d love the see the other setting your considering though your link didn''t work

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about that! Here is the link to the halo we are currently considering: http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/asscherhalomicro.gif (it's gorgeous)

Urseberry, in regards to your reply, we made several changes to the ring as we had many issues with the craftmanship of the original band, including fixing a rather large crack along the base of one of the baguettes, rhodium plating the ring, beefing/thickening up the ring and prongs as well as smoothing out the tops of the prongs in order to achieve a more flush look. We didn't request the stone to be lowered...but we're pretty satisfied with the way it turned out. I guess it may seem as if there wasn't much of a change but to us it made a world of difference!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think the setting you have now is PERFECT. The halo is nice, but I dunno, with the stones around the asscher, it seems to take away (to me, anyway) how striking the stone looks in its current setting. I think your current setting is just gorgeous; it is my favourite look for asschers! The stone really pops in it and looks AMAZING!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
You know? I love that halo! I love them with tapered baguettes as I poster earlier, but that halo is GORGEOUS!

ETA: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=60
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=273

love these two ideas too!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
your asscher is beautiful! i actually really like the setting that its in, but heres the link to my asscher E-ring thats in a pave halo setting...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heres-my-2-15-assher-3.74497/

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like both settings (and your ring is elegant as is). I would say that if you want more "bling", or a "larger looking" ring, you may want to consider a halo. However, if you like a sleek elegant look, I would stick with the baguettes.

Good luck! Not any easy choice
41.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 10:44:13 AM
Author: UCLABelle
Personally, I like both settings (and your ring is elegant as is). I would say that if you want more ''bling'', or a ''larger looking'' ring, you may want to consider a halo. However, if you like a sleek elegant look, I would stick with the baguettes.

Good luck! Not any easy choice
41.gif
I''m agreeing with UCLABelle, here.

I think it looks gorgeous as it is - there''s just nothing so classic as an Asscher or EC with baguettes!

Maybe save a resetting in a halo for another anniversary - when the diamond starts to shrink on you.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it''s just stunning. I love the setting it''s in, tough choice.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful and very elegant.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT - AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love asscher's and emerald cuts woth baguettes most of all. The only reason I would halo it is if you suffer too much from DSS (diamond shrinkage syndrome). I think your ring is beautiful and elegant!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 1 carat asscher. I LOVE the look of asschers with tapered baguettes. But I was seriously suffering DSS. I re-set with a pave halo, and now just stare at it, happy as a clam, all day long. I''d leave it in the tapered setting as long as you aren''t suffering DSS. Then when/if you are, switch to a halo.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I think the setting depends on what you like. Have you tried any settings on in person? Once I started trying things on what I had liked in photos went flying out the window. I thought I wanted a really elaborate ring with a princess center, but as soon as I tried one on I realized it was not for me and I ended up with a sleek and simple setting with a round center.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for all the great replies! This is helping us a lot. Our dilemma comes from the fact that they both look good in person and she likes them both but is having the hardest time deciding which is the best fit for her. One of the things she''s considering and plays a large factor in this decision is the fact that she will be working alot with her hands (ie gloves on and off often in a dental office) and also she hopes to pair the ring with a wedding band on a daily basis. Everyone has helped out a lot and I guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference. Bling or sophistication?
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are pretty, but I really like the one that you currently have best...it is gorgeous and such a classic look! I think that one will look best paired with a wedding ring.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Looks much bigger than a 1ct to me! Micropave would be beautiful! But, alas, I like the current setting, too--classic and lovely...

lauraannc

Rough_Rock
Love Love Love the Asscher... (i have one too). Micro pave band no halo for me tho. I think your current ring is very classy.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I thritto what UCLA has said above-and I think the current setting is great for a job that''s hard on hands!

Congratulations-it''s a beautiful ring!

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I love PS.
9.gif
You guys are great!
36.gif
I really appreciate everyone''s perspective and warm welcome. I look forward to more advice from you all concerning the setting....

In addition, I was wondering if you guys can help me with a quick question I had regarding my current prongs. I am a very detail oriented person and noticed that one of the prongs has a tendency to snag on clothes more easily. Upon closer examination, I noticed that the top of the prong is not completely flush with the top of the diamond. The space is very very very minute but I am concerned that it may become a problem with the diamond''s stability...bascially I dont want it to fall out without me knowing! Should I be concerned and bring it into the jeweler (for the third time in less than 2 months...but dont want to seem like an annoyance) or am I an anxious diamond novice? hehe...

I would greatly appreciate all your knowledgable opinions.
4.gif

Anxiously waiting to hear from you all,

Michelle
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle, I love your current setting, wouldn't change a thing!

As for the prings... from what I have read on here, I seems that well set/well made prongs should never snag on things! And I also learned that that space you see between the prong and the diamond is a sign that the stone was not set into the prongs properly and it is dangerous to the diamond. If the prong snags on something it could loosen and your stone could come out. Take that puppy back and don't be worried about how it looks... you paid good money to have your ring made, it should be done right and you should be satisfied. I recently took my ring back to be re-made ( for similar reasons that you describe) and even though I felt the same worries about seeming like a perfectionist, or bothering the jeweler, I just forced myself to do it because I knew it would alwaus bother me and it wasn't safe. Still waiting to see if it was done right this time, but if not, back it goes again!

Good luck!

DD
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results