shape
carat
color
clarity

Asheville recommendations for JCrow

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asheville is a very pretty area to visit! I recommend the Biltmore for Sunday for reasons already mentioned. Be SURE you wear very comfortable shoes that day, because you will be on your feet and walking a LOT!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:17:08 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Asheville is a very pretty area to visit! I recommend the Biltmore for Sunday for reasons already mentioned. Be SURE you wear very comfortable shoes that day, because you will be on your feet and walking a LOT!

ohhh! dang good advice! thank you!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 9:04:23 AM
Author: applequeen
Date: 6/19/2008 7:26:50 PM

Author: jcrow

omg! thank you soo much applequeen!
i just booked THE hotel i wanted that runs $200ish. we pricelined it for $85.
eeeeeks!!! so excited!
That''s fantastic!!!!
36.gif
I''ve had a lot of luck with priceline for hotel rooms and plane tickets and I''m glad it worked out for you. I feel sort of like William Shatner in the Priceline commercials
1.gif

Did you call the hotel to make sure you can get the room type you want? Usually if you call early enough they have no problem getting you into a room that fits your needs.

I really hope you enjoy your trip. Asheville is a great place, especially in the summer. I told my husband last night that we needed a getaway.... we''ve been renovating our new house for the past month and have to move into it by the middle of next week. It''s been very stressful and we both need a break. Maybe a quick trip to Asheville is just what we need.

i''m sure we are going to love asheville. i''ve heard so many wonderful things about it.
and seriously, priceline?! i CAN''T believe we got SUCH a great deal - just like *that*. eeeks! super pumped!
i''ve been telling hubs over and over rather sporadically - dude, we got a hotel for 85 bucks! hehe. we''ll definitely use it again in situations like this!

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
I know.... it''s kind of addictive. I have a hard time booking a room now without wondering if I could have gotten a better deal on Priceline.

And seriously the next time you fly, and have a flexible schedule, give it a try. I''ve gotten some amazing ticket prices using it. You can pick the days but not the times so that can be a bit of an issue (like needing to get there in the morning but getting an evening flight) but if that doesn''t matter then it''s great.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we just returned from our trip to asheville.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
we had a fabulous time! thank you all for the great recommendations!

i''m working on resizing pics to post
5.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
first, here''s a list of all we did.

tupelo honey cafe - we had the eggs crawley (crab cakes + asparagus + fried eggs) YUM!!
green sage coffee shop
picked up truffles at chocolate fetish
grove park inn
basilica of st. lawrence - largest unsupported tile dome ceiling in america
ate at kubo - YUM to the madonna roll and the tempura rock shrimp appetizer!
biltmore estates - winery + audio tour + conservatory + ate at bistro at winery + drove to biltmore inn + deerpark restaurant, more on that later
31.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic of our hotel. we pricelined and got the reniassance hotel. i tried calling to get a king bed, but unfortunately, they said since it was pricelined, we couldn''t. however, when we got there, which by the way was a few hours before check in, they had 3 rooms available, but asked if we wanted a king bed. if so, we could wait an hour for it to become available. we decided to go eat and wait for the king bed. not only was it a king bed, it was a corner room on the 10th floor. $204 and we got it for $85.
36.gif
thank you priceline.

IMG_7689.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s a cool pic of the biltmore. such a massive, massive home! unreal.

IMG_7908.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and the grove park inn. funny side bit, we used the gps to get to the GPI. but, it took us to a dead inn - a golf course at GPI. our only option was to take a right into a "subdivision." the word is laughable because it was the steepest, narrowest, one lane, super curvy road RIGHT by a lots of people''s homes. like you''d only drive there to pull into your driveway. so funny, slightly scary, but fun.

IMG_8168.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
JCrow, sounds like a great trip! I am so glad you had fun! Isn''t the renaissance great?! I can''t wait to go back and stay there again! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes, it was a great trip! thanks for all the recs and for starting this thread!
5.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
You are very welcome!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2008 8:14:48 PM

tupelo honey cafe - we had the eggs crawley (crab cakes + asparagus + fried eggs) YUM!!
green sage coffee shop
grove park inn
biltmore estates - winery + audio tour + conservatory + ate at bistro at winery + drove to biltmore inn + deerpark restaurant, more on that later
31.gif

I''m not posting ''til I have pro pics, so don''t wait on my account!
2.gif

I am so glad you had such a good time in Asheville! Your hotel room was gorgeous. I am definitely going to look into staying there next time. I can''t always expect to get upgraded at the Inn!
39.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 3:05:03 PM
Author: fatafelice
Date: 6/30/2008 8:14:48 PM

green sage coffee shop
grove park inn
31.gif

I''m not posting ''til I have pro pics, so don''t wait on my account!
2.gif

I am so glad you had such a good time in Asheville! Your hotel room was gorgeous. I am definitely going to look into staying there next time. I can''t always expect to get upgraded at the Inn!
39.gif

we had a wonderful time! and yes, we did indeed enjoy our hotel! we just got back from san antonio and kept comparing our room + stay to ours in asheville. Asheville won out on all accounts!
5.gif

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
So glad to hear that you had a good time and that the hotel room worked out for you.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results