shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you doing favors, and if so what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Pocky! YUM!

We did a donation to our local children''s hospital - which meant a lot to me. I also had little re-usable tins filled with mints. I figured everyone would like a breath freshener after dinner.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t do favors, per se, but we had pretty glass bowls filled with chocolates on each table for the guests to keep. It was cheap and tasty!
3.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We had a fairly small wedding, 26 guests. We planted Kalanchoe in cache pots that I stenciled w/ each guests'' name; we used them as table decorations then sent them home.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't want favors unless they had very little chance of landing in the trash, so we had endangered species chocolates. My MIL tied them up in pretty orange ribbon (to go with our colors), 3 per guest. They were so cute
1.gif
and I loved that a portion of my purchase went to endangered species protection.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Chocolate Truffles in a box.
1.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My mother''s friend keeps bees so as a wedding gift she gave us the honey to fill little hexagonal shaped 4 oz jars. I made label that said "Life is the flower of which love is honey" or something like that with cute little bees on it. All we had to purchase was the jars and the labels and we used them as place cards as well.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Keepingthefaith: those sounds yummy!

Parrot Tulip: wow that sounds like a very cool favor, I''m glad they were such a hit

kama: mints are a great idea I''m sure your guests appreciated them and the donation sounds very sweet

divadiamond: ohh bowls of chocolate sounds delicious too!

Kimberly: those sound so pretty

musey: I love endangered species chocolate, great idea!

cindy: again you can''t wrong with truffles they are delicious!

clairitek: how unique they sounds very pretty!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Carmel apples, handmade by my mother and me, with an antique fork stuck in them instead of a stick. We made them 2 days before the wedding...eek! They also served as the placecard holders, so people found their name on their apple, then found their seat.

Plus they were super yummy! We had people eating them at the wedding!

carmelapplefavor.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Charbie: those look soooo good! I need to find a caramal apple this weekend

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Simple glass ornaments, all with red designs... Swirls, glitter, dots, solid, stripes, etc. We bought them at a MAJOR clearance sale after the holidays. They're very simple, pretty, and classic- no initials or sayings or anything. I can't imagine anyone would throw them out- Christmas is 6 days after our wedding
3.gif
It's too easy to just toss 'em on a tree.

I know they won't help anyone remember our wedding, but they're practical and make our tables look very festive & pretty!

ETA: They were also cost effective!!! I think we spent *maybe* $45 for 155 ornaments. INSNAE!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
What a great thread!

We were thinking about doing "Irish coffee... to go". Both me and FI LOVE coffee. We were going to get some small paper bags (either white or brown) and fill them with ground coffee from our favorite local coffee roaster. Then, we were going to see if we could get enough Bailey''s mini bottles and put on in each bag (and maybe a stick of rock candy for sugar) Then, tie it all of with some ribbon or something and make it look pretty.

I really wanted to make cupcakes or something, but I just don''t think I can handle making 150 a few days before the wedding!
32.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:09:10 PM
Author: musey
I didn''t want favors unless they had very little chance of landing in the trash, so we had endangered species chocolates. My MIL tied them up in pretty orange ribbon (to go with our colors), 3 per guest. They were so cute
1.gif
and I loved that a portion of my purchase went to endangered species protection.
Date: 10/23/2009 9:43:45 AM
Author: purselover

musey: I love endangered species chocolate, great idea!
Me too!! So yummy.

I''m such a hypocrite, I''m always saying pics are mandatory and then I don''t post any
3.gif

Ours on the tables:
museyweddingpropics030.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My older sister made her delicious chocolate chip cookies 2 days before the wedding and brought them up with her the day before the wedding. I think she made 3 per guest? It was a lot of baking-she is the best big sister ever! (I should point out that this was my mom''s idea and my sister agreed to it without me ever hearing about it! I wasn''t even going to do favors because I couldn''t think of anything good and I had too much other stuff to figure out!)

She put them in these clear treat bags and tied them with silver ribbon. We had them at the door on a table, though, not on each table. They were a HUGE hit-her chocolate chip cookie are the best ever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results