shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you doing favors, and if so what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Just curious, please share what you are thinking of doing/or did for favors!

We are doing mini cloth totes with homemade holiday cookies and a full bottle of holiday wine. There will also be a candy cane tucked into everyone''s napkin with their menu and we''re thinking of having the waitstaff hand out rock candy sticks with the coffee/cappuccinos/espressos. I believe there will also be glass ornaments on the table for guests to take.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I like your ideas! Cute and tasty.

I haven''t really decided yet. We will probably do something, mostly because my mom wants to. I am leaning strongly towards something edible, since a lot of trinkety things seem to get left behind (or chucked later - no offense to anyone! I just know I''m guilty of this because we have too much stuff around our house as it is).

It is a September wedding so... maybe something seasonal? Pumpkiny? DF doesn''t like pumpkin, though, so that might not be totally fitting.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We put chocolates in gold organza bags with a thank you tag. They probably cost less than a buck each.
1.gif

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
Love your ideas! I always think an edible favor is nice.
We ended up doing bottles of honey from a local beekeeper.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
We did gift bags for our OOT guests (90% of our guests) - this included a postcard from a local artist, a mug, a city pen, personalized m&m''s w/ our names and wedding date in our colors - along w/ other snacky things for the room - 2 bottles of beer from the local brewery and 2 bottles of rootbeer from a local restaurant. I''m not sure what else was in there but they were pretty cool- and chock full of stuff.

We also did a seperate mailing for our OOT guests w/ attractions they can visit while in town and a little note about each one, and a personal experience that we enjoyed while there. This was the biggest hit by far.

Then for the favors we went small, and did fortune cookies w/ fortunes inside w/ a love quote and our names and wedding date. That way it could be consumed, by whomever wanted it - and if they wanted a keepsake other than the chotsky stuff - they could keep the fortune.. we didn''t want to send them w/ something that would clutter a drawer later - or tossed out.

My BFF just got married and didn''t do any favors... and literally NO ONE noticed or commented. So if you cannot decide, this is not a deal breaker.

I LOVE YOUR ORNAMENT IDEA! TOTALLY COOL!
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

hmm if he doesn''t like pumpkins I''m guessing those cute mini ones as favors are out? What about caramel apples, (they could be bought or made!) Or you could do a little bag with hot cocoa, and cider mixes, they also sell little bottles of apple ice wine, or hard cider, or you could maple sugar candies, or little bottles of maple sugar.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Chocolate truffles or chocolate turtles... I''m leaning towards the truffles because they''re delicious!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:43:59 PM
Author: sunnyd
We put chocolates in gold organza bags with a thank you tag. They probably cost less than a buck each.
1.gif
ooo they sounds like very pretty looking chocolates!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:49:37 PM
Author: luvbug
Love your ideas! I always think an edible favor is nice.
We ended up doing bottles of honey from a local beekeeper.
thanks ....yours is really unique I''d be really excited to get that as a favor!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i also like the edible idea since a lot of the favors that i''ve gotten that aren''t are thrown in a drawer or in the trash or just forgotten somewhere.

i think we are going with either a fancy cookie or chocolates. i''m getting married in nyc so i think we''ll go to a popular bakery or chocolatier around here to get them so that it''s sort of tied back into the wedding a bit...kwim?

is there something fun from your area that you can pull from?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
For favors we did lottery scratch offs in little boxes that were wrapped like a present with silver and black mini-tissue paper. It then had a ribbon around the outside of the box, and a tag on the top that had our "B" initial.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
TLH Wow the gift bags sound amazing, I would defintely appreciate the effort involved in, and your fortune cookies sound so cute.

eta I'm so bad at hitting quote!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
we *might* be doing photobooths! all my friends love the camera so we thought of something that they''ll definitely keep.

either that or an edible favor.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:55:16 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
Chocolate truffles or chocolate turtles... I''m leaning towards the truffles because they''re delicious!
I agree, I love truffles!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
For our favors at the reception we did chocolate truffle cones, 2 in a canister from Firelilly chocolates. They customized the label for us. They were cute.

We originally wanted to give mini bottles of new york maple syrup but, the price was better on the truffle cones. Because we also did welcome boxes, I didn''t want to spend a ton of money on favors.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 2:02:32 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
For our favors at the reception we did chocolate truffle cones, 2 in a canister from Firelilly chocolates. They customized the label for us. They were cute.

We originally wanted to give mini bottles of new york maple syrup but, the price was better on the truffle cones. Because we also did welcome boxes, I didn''t want to spend a ton of money on favors.
ditto.

Ours scratch off presents ran us only a little bit over $1.25 a piece!
22.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Marlie: you can''t go wrong with either there are some great place in the city to choose from

Meresal: what a unique idea! Very memorable.

Cleo: again you can''t go wrong with either a photoboth could be a lot of fun!

Emeraldlover: the truffle cones sound delicious!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we ordered too many and have about 30 or so left. 20 of them we have eaten since being back. No wonder I gained 3lbs. Anyway, they are amazing and pretty cheap. I think it wound up being $2 a person. They look like icecream cones with chocolate truffle inside. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
We did bags with snacks, wine, waters, candy etc for our out of town guests...

But instead of favors (I just feel like they either get left, or tossed if they can''t be eaten! Just a personal opinion) we made a donation to a local Race Horse Rescue group. FI met through our horses and thought it would be good use of our money, and tie everything together.

We got very pretty dark wood frames, used cream matting, and printed on burnt orange card stock, and stuck a leave or two between the glass and the print out. Idea isnt for everyone but works for us.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
How cute, purselover!!!!!!!!!!

We''re most likely doing DIY seed packets (we have a summer wedding) and possibly an edible favor as well.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I think we''re going to forgo the favours and do a donation instead... we''re both scientists doing cancer research, so we thought a donation to a cancer foundation would be fitting for us! Not sure if that really counts for this thread though!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just did lindt truffles in organza bags-went down a treat with everyone.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
candy buffet here :)

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Our favors were one of my favorite things (aside from my shoes and the groom of course!)

We made homemade sugar cookies in a little quirky shape that represented not only us but our wedding date as well. The cookies were then iced and decorated in the wedding colors. We packaged them and tied them off with ribbon and a custom tag with our names, wedding date and included a little explanation of why they were receiving the shape they did. haha. They ended up being such a hit with guests. They not only loved the cookies (YAY! because those were a PAIN to mix, cut and bake over 170 cookies) but loved the sentiment and "us-ness" behind it.

Now I can make those cookies with the same recipe in the same shape for our anniversaries! (Maybe a few days earlier to give DH the hint..
25.gif
)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
we''re doing a donation (i''m pretty sure). either through donorschoose to donate to a local classroom in need or maybe to the humane society--we''ve adopted 2 pups from there!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
TBJumper: your out of town bags sounds great, and I love how personal your donation was

Princessplease: thanks! Seeds sound perfect for a summer wedding.

Erinleigh: I love that your donating to the cause you both work for, very fitting for you guys

Bee*: oohh I love lindt!

rhbgirl24: the cake toppers sounds cool, and I know I would love to get a caramel apple, I''ve been craving them recently

smurfy: sounds fun! That''s what I originally wanted but for some reason my mom was against it

cammy85: wow those cookies sound amazing, how unique!

lulu: the humane society sounds great that way it''s very personal and you can tell guests how you got your dogs

equetrienne: those look delicious!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
We will have halloween shadow box candle holders for each person and whoopie pies. The whoopie pies are FI and I''s favorite New Englad area dessert and they are also a tribute to my grandmother who used to make them for the family all the time when I was growing up. I miss her so much and then my grandfather passing so suddenly a few short months ago - I wanted to find a fun way to pay homage to my grandparents without getting too emotional.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
We did Pocky Sticks and Botan Rice Candies, since they took me back to my childhood (going to the Korean market with my parents). The Pocky Sticks were such a big hit, that people kept stealing other people''s favors!

candies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results