shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you and introvert or an extrovert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
skippy, your words struck a chord with me-my hubby is very introverted(at home). so i think he has brought out the introvert in me, as you mentioned about your dh. he is one of those men who uses up all of his ''words" at work and has none left for us! so although i tend to be more at peace when around others, my hubby''s years of traveling and me being alone with young children has made me really appreciate my alone time-i used to almost feel uncomfortable being alone, now i relish it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really a strong mix of both. While I love people and love being surrounded by them much of the time, there a many times I am happy in my solitude, something I get infrequently in a house with three kids. Some of my favorite times are on vacation when all my kids and hubby are occupied and I can take a good book somewhere and go sit under a tree in a hammock or beach chair and read til my eyes hurt. I can go hours and not talk or interact, but since it is on my terms I do not feel lonely or alone in any way. I can keep myself very entertained. Other times I am happy to socialize and meet new people. When we go on vacation, I always seem to meet people and chat, but my hubby does not at all, he is just happy with his family, and really does not feel the need to mix with strangers, whereas I think it is cool to see where people are from and chat, even if you never see them again. When we go to our mountain house, he is happy to stay in most days and nights, while I want to go out and do things.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a tough call because I am most definitely introverted--I NEED time to myself, and I often call myself a recluse. I go through periods where I retreat within myself and stop answering calls and just need to be alone with my thoughts.

HOWEVER, every once in a while I get really charged by being around people. I love being in a crowd, making people laugh, going out and just having a grand, loud time. But this is rarer, I mostly enjoy being alone with my own thoughts.

I suppose if there is a spectrum I''m about a quarter extrovert, and three-quarters introvert.

E B

Ideal_Rock
According to those definitions, I'm an extrovert. This statement is particularly true of my personality:

Extroverts tend to "fade" when alone and can easily become bored without other people around. When given the chance, an extrovert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think.

Though I'm not always up for LARGE social situations, I'm much happier around someone, mainly my husband, friends, or family. I like quiet time, I just prefer to be in the company of a quiet someone ELSE. When I'm alone, I find myself uneasy and usually give someone a call, just to chat. To hear his or her voice.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
briggs-meyers twice has resulted with ENFP......but just barely an E. i''m an introvert that no one suspects because i can turn on and appear to be an extrovert when the occasion calls for it. however, i find being around people exhausting and need a lot of alone time to stay sane.

movie zombie

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
VERY cool topic! I am most definitely an extrovert. I used to work in an environment with little contact with others, and I was MISERABLE. Now my desk is in a huge room with 5 others, and I LOVE it. I thrive on the constant contact. I also loved working busy retail times, and hating stocking in the back alone. However, I was an only child and love to be independant. I traveled a little alone, and like to occasionally have some alone time. Most of the time, when I am "alone", I still have a cat with me or am waiting for my roomie to come home, lol.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a mix. Meyers-Briggs calls me an ENTJ, but the E is darn close to an I. Hubby is an INTJ and he is much more of an introvert than I am an extrovert. I do try to be careful not to be the one speaking for the two of us all of the time. But, I definitely need my down time away from other people.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 1:53:30 PM
Author: EBree
According to those definitions, I''m an extrovert. This statement is particularly true of my personality:

Extroverts tend to ''fade'' when alone and can easily become bored without other people around. When given the chance, an extrovert will talk with someone else rather than sit alone and think.

Though I''m not always up for LARGE social situations, I''m much happier around someone, mainly my husband, friends, or family. I like quiet time, I just prefer to be in the company of a quiet someone ELSE. When I''m alone, I find myself uneasy and usually give someone a call, just to chat. To hear his or her voice.

I''m the same way. I can spend hours reading a good book, etc., but I prefer to be around others much of the time. I love the feeling of having my FI (or someone else) in the same room with me, even if we''re doing our own thing. I love chatting on the phone too -- way too much apparently, judging from our last phone bill.
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did one of those online tests, and today I happen to be an ESFJ....

slightly expressed extravert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Maybe I was feeling a bit wishy-washy while taking the test, LOL!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Introverted mainly here.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 1:49:07 PM
Author: Haven
This is a tough call because I am most definitely introverted--I NEED time to myself, and I often call myself a recluse. I go through periods where I retreat within myself and stop answering calls and just need to be alone with my thoughts.

HOWEVER, every once in a while I get really charged by being around people. I love being in a crowd, making people laugh, going out and just having a grand, loud time. But this is rarer, I mostly enjoy being alone with my own thoughts.

I suppose if there is a spectrum I'm about a quarter extrovert, and three-quarters introvert.
Whoa. You are me!
23.gif
3.gif
9.gif

ETA: Oh! For what it's worth, I've taken the whatchacallit personality test a few times and have gotten both INFP and ENFP, so yeah, depends on my mood at the time whether I'm intro or extro.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was an ENFJ on the Meyers Briggs but that was in graduate school around 15 years ago. I would love to take it again, actually.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
INFJ here. Most definitely introverted and trying to avoid being isolative!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think as I get older I am more of an introvert. I need my alone time. Relish it actually.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, I am with you 100%

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm well any day I dont have too talk too someone in person is a good day so I guess that means.....
People are hard work.

On the net people dont bug me cuz I can shut em off.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I'm a definite introvert. Too much togetherness makes me tired and cranky. I really have to work up the energy to deal with parties & such. Even parties with really good friends or family leaves me exhausted. I'm much better one on one, but even that makes me tired.

On the MBriggs scale, I'm a definite INTJ.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
When Tgal said Not too many people will say they get energy from other people instead of within; and Perry said does the person have the ability to
be stable and enjoy life and things by themselves - or need to be with other people to be stable and enjoy life and things.

I think us extroverts are getting a bad rap.

Of course I like to stay at home and do things by myself.
Of course I think about things internally and have quiet time to analyze things and entertain myself.
I don''t like to just talk about random daily events when I talk to people. It makes us sound like gossip columnists.
And yes, sometimes being at parties is draining. Especially when the people you are around aren''t your type or are in a lame mood.

But, us extroverts would RATHER be around people more often than introverts. If someone said, will you go with me to this cocktail party I have to go to Friday? My reaction would immediately be Woo Hoo! If I have a quiet Saturday of housecleaning and reading and organizing with no radio or TV - by 5:00 I''m ready to go to the grocery store and talk to the person behind me in line because I''ve gone too long without social interaction. Doesn''t mean I didn''t enjoy my day or that I don''t feel recharged. It just means I''ve had enough - now on to the part of the day that will fire me up.

I liked what EBree said; I''m much happier around someone, mainly my husband, friends, or family. I like quiet time, I just prefer to be in the company of a quiet someone ELSE. I''d much rather be having my cleaning reading day in the presence of my bf - even if we hardly say 10 words to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results