• B. Nope. No attachment

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • C. Other. Explain

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted C, my answer is maybe. As long as PS brings me joy then yes I will stay and participate.

Breaks can be good though because it’s easy to get caught up in things here. Like someone shares some amazing find and you think I need that! Then off you go down the online rabbit hole to find one of your own.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I would say that I come and go depending on what else is happening in my daily life.

PS is great but my lists of wants for jewellery increases every time and it's hard when you have other financial priorities!

I had a big hiatus for a while but since I have come back, it has been great that we can discuss other topics not just jewellery and diamonds. I appreciate the diversity in conversation and it keeps me up to date with worldly affairs. :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well considering that other than when I have been in the hospital I have been here all but a handful of days at least once since officially nov 1 2003(I lurked for a while before joining so its actually earlier than that) I would say..... yes.

Last edited:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hard to be gone....but I've succeeded at that in some measure. I was most intensively here my first year (or five?). After that, much more occasionally. Maybe this is prototypical of guys intensely engaged towards making a purchase. Seems like....

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I joined in 2006, found the diamond I was looking for, then stopped posting and didn’t come back until this year. So I’m a lifer because there are only ten or eleven more fifteen-year intervals left in my life.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I joined about 15 years ago, but was overwhelmed after awhile, mainly because I didn't have the money then. When I decided to return, I couldn't remember my login and had changed emails so I couldn't retrieve it. Anyhow, as long as I'm comfortable I'll be here!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess I am. The far left liberals here had been trying to get rid of me for the past 15 yrs and I haven't given them the satisfaction yet. :praise: :tongue:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would stay as long as I find it enjoyable to do so.

So far so good.

DK :))

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure someone has asked this before but what was the date PS officially opened? I know some posters have been here since around 2003, but I wonder who wrote the first one?

I‘ve visited the site nearly every day since I joined, so guess I’m here for the duration too. I don’t have the urge to buy so much any more, I’m just happy looking at everyone’s else’s beautiful pieces.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure someone has asked this before but what was the date PS officially opened? I know some posters have been here since around 2003, but I wonder who wrote the first one?

My best guess would be @Garry H (Cut Nut) ?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get really busy - and really tired, when my diabetes isn't under control - but I always come back eventually. It's fun here. :)

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I am relatively new here but it's safe to say I'm addicted! I can get my daily jewellery fix & I like hanging out in the hangout I'll be sticking around =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a way I consider PS like family. I love PS but there are times not as much.

I am loyal to PS for as long as it makes sense for me. PSers helped me through very challenging times and I have made some true friends from PS so for that I will always be grateful.

No one can predict the future I never say never but at this point in time I do not see leaving PS.

I came for the gems but stayed for the true jewels...the people here.

gemsmaybeprecious.jpg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Similar to other replies I will remain as long as the site continues to bring me joy. I check in most days although there are periods of time when I am extremely busy at work that I am absent for a week or so.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently, I'm in for life!:lol:

I love seeing everyone's jewels and hearing other's opinions on different subjects. I also feel like this community offers those
who do not want to be lifers some quick/good advice that allows them to feel confident in their purchase. That's a good feeling.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy it here. I learn a lot and find it soothing to see all of the beautiful items people are having made or purchasing or just dreaming about. Best of all, I can be myself in terms of being open about loving jewelry and gemstones and not be judged negatively for it. Almost everyone I meet IRL, at best doesn't get it, and often attaches a negative connotation with having an interest in jewelry. So collecting jewelry is made into something shameful. I hate that, but it is what it is. Here on PS I am free to be myself and share my enthusiasm with intelligent, like-minded people and that is priceless.

I am grateful I found PS and I treasure the PS family/community.

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started with DiamondTalk and moved over to PS, jewelry and gems are my passion so I am here for the duration.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy it here. I learn a lot and find it soothing to see all of the beautiful items people are having made or purchasing or just dreaming about. Best of all, I can be myself in terms of being open about loving jewelry and gemstones and not be judged negatively for it. Almost everyone I meet IRL, at best doesn't get it, and often attaches a negative connotation with having an interest in jewelry. So collecting jewelry is made into something shameful. I hate that, but it is what it is. Here on PS I am free to be myself and that is priceless.

I agree with you, some people just don't get it (some of family and friends) and think it's a waste of money.
It's a hobby/interest, no different than someone who has a interest in crafts or video games.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been frequenting this site off and on since 2005. Safe to say I'm a lifer, although I'm not always active. It's been a fun ride, and I'm invested in seeing other members' journeys and stories play out. If I were to write an autobiography/memoir, I'd certainly include PS and the people I've met through it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results