shape
carat
color
clarity

Arc''s Catch Up Thread *VERY PICTURE HEAVY!!!*

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I love the modern look of the Variquoise - beautiful.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you sure have been busy, so many lovely new pieces! Enjoy them!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lots of fun pieces!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a bunch of cool new additions! How fun! All of them are so pretty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, your pink tourmaline sparkles like a spinel. It’s blinding in the sun! The lapis has the most amazing neon blue and I can see the green zircon’s dispersion in spite of its sleepiness. And you can keep posting your Afghan tourmaline pictures as it is so pretty in the setting. The blue spinel is iffy for me; I was really worried when I saw the first picture and heaved a sigh of relief when I saw the next few.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Afghan really deserves it's own thread with more pictures.
31.gif
Please???
12.gif

I have to say it also looks fabulous against your skin since I know you are concerned with that.
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh, somebody had to be, because I scoped it out for nearly 4 days! LOL It has its blue side and its green side depending on the light source. I''d certainly buy another in a heartbeat.

LD and Chrono, yes, the spinel is NOT a ring stone at all. In direct sunlight, you can see the facets but it does go darker.. I performs best in incandescent light/indirect light/low light (go figure huh?). Last night I played with it in incandescent light and its amazing
30.gif
I''m going to keep it anyway because even though its like an crusty old man at times, it can really be amazing when it wants to show off. Its certainly not something I thought I would really like, but now that I have it, I scare myself...lol.

So yes, A lighter blue on the hand is a must. This one would drive me crazy if I made it into a ring.

Chrono, that toumaline has the most crazy sparkle I''ve ever seen. After saw it in person, I had to ask myself it it was even a tourmaline! (it does check out as one)

I''m so happy with the lapis that I''m planning on getting another for a necklace.

Thanks so much for looking everyone! Just think, I''ll be traveling heavily for the next 4 months or so.
2.gif
the amount of shopping time I''ll get in will be crazy I''m sure
10.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 6:53:05 AM
Author: ma re
Wow, you sure have been busy, so many lovely new pieces! Enjoy them!
lol I''ve had a LOT of layovers, early morning and late evening plane waits that it kinda helps. Sadly, the only airport that I''ve been in lately that dosen''t have freaking wifi is logan. I tend to use my phone then...lol.

TL, I''ll have to post more pics I know I know...lol I actually have blooming plants out, so will have to get a few flower shots
21.gif

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 5:54:13 PM
Author: Arcadian
Next, a bright orange 6.28ct chalcedony. Taken right in front of the window (pretty obvious huh?) Its transparent but not see through.
Oh man, look at that color!
18.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 6:10:01 PM
Next: 6.87ct Indigo Afgan Lapis. I do plan on getting more of this. Its amazing in color.
3.gif
Love that one too! That color looks fantastic on you Arcadian!
30.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 6:14:27 PM
Next: 36.86 cts Tiger Eye. Its humongus at 30x30. Definitly a pendant stone and I alreay know what I want, I just have to do it (it''ll be sleek and simple)
Too cool! I think it would make a stunning pendant!!
36.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 6:31:14 PM
On my hand. It may be ok as ring stone but I really don''t want to cover up how lovely it is. I have to think about how I want this one to be set. (bracelet maybe??)
I see a mountain scene.
1.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 6:22:27 PM
Another perspective. I really like this stone a lot, I just dont know exactly how it will be set.
This one is too freaking cool as well! I see a dragon breathing fire!
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 6:52:04 PM
Here''s a hand shot
Gorgeous!!
30.gif

Fantastic stones Arcadian!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW

I''ve always liked the gems you pick. You really have some stunners there!! And I do think the Tourm Ring should get it''s own thread, the color on it is just lovely.

TFS
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
What is the mm size of your Afghan? I was wondering about getting that setting one of these days. Thanks!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that pink tourmaline is heavenly! I
30.gif
it!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 10:53:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Arcadian,
What is the mm size of your Afghan? I was wondering about getting that setting one of these days. Thanks!
I know it was an over 8mm. I think 8.3-8.5? The stone itself is a tad over 3cts. I''d have to measure it again to be sure but its within that range.

The setting is for a 9mm stone, but I didn''t have it made any smaller based on the fact that sometimes LOGR rings can be a bit more narrow fitting (in this case it was). I did ask Stephen to make sure the ring had longer prongs because the stone measured 6.65mm high.

The only other thing I would say is if you plan on getting it, you will want to do the upgrade on the gold for sure. The diamonds are pretty miniscule, so I didn''t bother upgrading them.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2010 12:43:32 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
WOW

I''ve always liked the gems you pick. You really have some stunners there!! And I do think the Tourm Ring should get it''s own thread, the color on it is just lovely.

TFS
9.gif
I promise to take pictures this weekend if the sun is out.

-A

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like your Afghan lapis!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
I really love your Afghan tourmaline & lapis.. would love to see more pics... pleeease!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are you going to set the blue spinel in a pendant?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Great thread, I really love the cabs!

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 5:54:13 PM
Next, a bright orange 6.28ct chalcedony. Taken right in front of the window (pretty obvious huh?) Its transparent but not see through.
I call shenanigans! I think you just took a picture of a jujube
6.gif

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of pretty new stones - congratulations. I think the tourmaline is especially vibrant - I love that one the most!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah chrono. I''ve had to resign myself that if I wanted to keep it, it has to stay off my hand. Though amazingly, it looks good in my office. (I can''t take pictures in there, its a mess in the worst way)

lol gingersnap, it looks like one! I get a little hongry when I look at it
emembarrassed.gif

crasru, thanks, I''ve never been a big fan of lapis because what I''ve seen never really suited me until now.

thanks colorluvr. The tourm was one of the biggest shockers because the vendor picture was so so. I''ll have to add that in the vendor picture thread.

The cutting is really good on it though which does help. I think it should have came with a label that said "just add sunlight" lol

I can''t imagine why I have so many cabs all of a sudden (I blame Flygirl
2.gif
)

At any rate, my gembox is now overflowing. I need to get me a new box now.

-A

arcgottasetsomeofthese.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results