shape
carat
color
clarity

Arc''s Catch Up Thread *VERY PICTURE HEAVY!!!*

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I won''t flog you, but only because I want to make sure I have dibs on the tourmaline if something happens to you
31.gif

What an amazing new collection. I am glad you get a little time at home. Afterall, you need time with your pretties so you can start working on setting them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next: 2.39ct unheated Green Zircon. It tends to be quite sleepy. I rather like that though. Its not as green as I would have wanted but still very pretty.

I intentionally took pictures in a dark area of the room just because the darn thing glows like nobody''s business.

arc2greenzircon2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is on my hand.

arc1greenzircon1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another though its fuzzy.

arc3greenzircon3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On hand, in normal light. In direct sun the pictures came out very fuzzy because its just a super bright stone.

arc4greenzircon4.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok this is the last one! (how about that huh??? LOL)

1.47ct Sri-Lankan Light Violet Spinel. Now to me, the stone is much grayer than voilet, and I''m sure there are those that will agree. I''m cropping it up to just one of those stones that will probably never get set. It does have fluoro but its very weak.

arc1lavpurpspinel1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is on my hand. Thankfully it was inexpensive (5 bucks!).

arc3lavpurpspinel3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok so the last one wasn''t on my hand...lol

this one is though

arc2lavpurpspinel2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never posted any extras of the ring I made from the stone I purchased from Precision Gem.

For those who don't know, the stone is a 3ct afghan tourmaline. Its minty and has a touch of yellow to warm it up. Its VERY bright and glowy, its a great stone.

The setting is an LOGR setting. I had it upgraded to 18K gold, left the diamonds as is. The ring is quite heavy on its own and I do like how thick it is on the bottom too.

Here's a profile shot. This ring sits really high. I don't wear much because of this (I wear it when we go out to dinner)

arc2ring2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a hand shot

arc1ring1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a picture of the underside, and here you can see the wide band on it.

arc4ring4.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last picture!! (YAY!)

Here''s a shot of it just because
2.gif

Thanks for being so patient! I promise not to wait so long next time...lol

-A

arc5ring5.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 6:06:03 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 5/10/2010 5:45:52 PM
Author: Arcadian
let me try that again
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I know lol Its so picture shy though which is too bad.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 6:37:26 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

I won''t flog you, but only because I want to make sure I have dibs on the tourmaline if something happens to you
31.gif

What an amazing new collection. I am glad you get a little time at home. Afterall, you need time with your pretties so you can start working on setting them.

Oh yeah...the setting stuff...lol I don''t even know HOW I''m going to manage to get that done. My husband dosen''t exactly want to be involved because his words are "if I get it wrong, you''ll be mad and yell at me"

I''m aiming for at least 3 max to be set this year.

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great stones Arcadian! I like the ring setting and that orange chalcedony is something else!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/10/2010 6:14:27 PM
Next: 36.86 cts Tiger Eye. Its humongus at 30x30. Definitly a pendant stone and I alreay know what I want, I just have to do it (it'll be sleek and simple)

Wow, I have the say that this Tiger Eye really complement your skin tone! Looks good on you! Congrats
36.gif
36.gif
Yes I agree it should sleek and simple to not distract the beautiful patterns.

eta: The last ring is beautifully done up too!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you've been a busy lady!! Enjoy your new gems. I especially like the mint garnet ring. Yum!
30.gif
Thanks for posting all the photos. Better late than never. Those opaque gems have some interesting patterns, very cool!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely new cabs, but I especially love the mint garnet ring!

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Hey, be careful with the green zircon. That''s metamict zircon and almost certainly radioactive. You might want someone to check it to see how hot it is if you plan on setting it and wearing it.

Date: 5/10/2010 6:37:54 PM
Next: 2.39ct unheated Green Zircon. It tends to be quite sleepy. I rather like that though. Its not as green as I would have wanted but still very pretty.

I intentionally took pictures in a dark area of the room just because the darn thing glows like nobody''s business.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 8:51:58 PM
Author: dzop
Hey, be careful with the green zircon. That''s metamict zircon and almost certainly radioactive. You might want someone to check it to see how hot it is if you plan on setting it and wearing it.

Date: 5/10/2010 6:37:54 PM

Dzop, I don''t have any plans on setting this one, but if I were, then haveing it checked would have already been a foregone precaution taken. On the other end of that, whatever radiation it may emit would be pretty hella low compared to what I''ve been bombarded with in my past. (trust me, it was plenty)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I freaking hate when I lose messages!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I know its a long thread to get through
12.gif
Even I was getting tired toward the end! lol

The setting is for a 9x9 stone, though because the stone is so deep, it worked out just fine. Also if I'm not mistaken that setting is still available. The lines are quite clean and simple and lets the stone do its thing.

**edit** and I've just now read though some of my commentary...HORRIBLE!! The chalcedony is translucent not transparent (DOH!!) I swear I need this week to just sleep ..lol

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 6:52:04 PM
Here''s a hand shot

I''m a bit shocked. Where''s the nailpolish!!
6.gif
You must be busy!
2.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
All your stones are pretty, but I must say, this minty tourmaline is a killer... drooling...

Here''s a hand shot

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Quite nice blue spinel! I was worried with that direct sunlight photo, but the indirect light seems to portray it as a nice rich blue, what plans do you have for that pretty?

Date: 5/10/2010 5:40:51 PM
Trying for something cleaner
4.gif

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I love the glow of that sleepy stone!

Date: 5/10/2010 6:42:12 PM
On hand, in normal light. In direct sun the pictures came out very fuzzy because its just a super bright stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2010 10:01:35 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Here''s a hand shot

I''m a bit shocked. Where''s the nailpolish!!
6.gif
You must be busy!
2.gif
Nooo timmeee
39.gif
Its been way too crazy and plus, last time I had tried to take nail polish with me to the airport, I was told I couldn''t take it with me so they trashed it
29.gif

So I''m showing my horrible looking naked nails. I''ve been trying to keep them cut low since I''m on the go so much right now ( but I sometimes forget)

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Sleepyspinel! The sun picture is really unfortunate. I don''t doubt that its partically my camera''s fault for not catching the stone better. However, the stone does perform extremely well in indirect lighting and incandescent lights. I would really want to put this one in a pendant instead of a ring, mainly because I think it would just be a better choice for the stone.

For a ring I''d like to get another blue spinel but I would want something a bit lighter in nature.

The zircon is really lovely. Its such a glowy stone
30.gif
In direct sunlight it reminds me of the color of fresh squeezed limeaide. I already want another one..lol

Thanks Yingh! I remember when I saw that on Gene''s site I was shocked no one had snapped it up. He told me it sat there for quite a while.

-A

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 11:30:58 PM

Thanks Yingh! I remember when I saw that on Gene''s site I was shocked no one had snapped it up. He told me it sat there for quite a while.

-A

How could that be possible?! Must be the time when I went out on vacation...
2.gif
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty collection.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arc remind me to come shopping with you when you next go!
9.gif

I''m loving ALL your mineral cabs. The orange chalcedony is stunning and the one with the gold vein (can''t remember the name sorry) is really interesting. I disagree about the green zircon as I don''t think it''s too dark and think it really suits you.

The only one I''m not 100% convinced about is the blue spinel. Is it a little too dark Arc? The photos from Tan look VERY dark (as does your first photo). I wonder if you would prefer a lighter toned one?

After seeing your pictures I''ve come to the conclusion that bright, vibrant colours look great next to your skin - you can really carry them off - like the Lapiz! WOW!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results