shape
carat
color
clarity

Aquamarine setting ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I met Upgradable today, and we popped into a local jewelry store. The owner brought out a tray filled with aquamarine''s.. I fell absolutely in love with one of them. I haven''t bought it yet, but I''m leaning toward purchasing it. It''s a 2.7 ct emerald cut. Any setting ideas for this beauty? It definitely has a heavy underbelly, which I happen to love.

aquamarine2point7.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

inlovwiththisaqua.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one of my favorite look by Wink Jones -

emeraldwinkjones0709.JPG

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh wow! I like that a LOT!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
I corrupted her!

I really like the example that D&T posted, distinctive but still classic..... just like you!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OUPeargirl, what kind of budget do you have for the setting? That EC aqua is just lovely, by the way!

Upgradeable, you're a terrible enabler!!!!!!
11.gif

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter . . .

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The color is just stunning! It has such a beautiful aqua face. And the cut is gorgeous!!! There is absolutely NO WINDOWING! It''s the prettiest aqua I''ve ever seen, and the size is perfect on her finger.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
For the setting, probably no more than $500... But I''d like to keep it as cheap as possible... Also, I love all things classic and simple, but I''m definitely open to any ideas!

I told the BF about it and he wants to check it out next time he visits... Soooo looks like he might be getting it for me! I feel bad because I wasn''t telling him so that he''d buy it for me.. But I''ll take it!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I was trying to find that thread! Thank you!

I'm already saving pictures with ideas and the stone isn't even mine yet!

Is $500 a manageable budget? It doesn't have to be it's forever setting, but at the same time if that's not enough for something nice, I'd rather wait and save!

ETA: I'm looking for white gold and nothing too intricate!
1.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 6:34:45 PM
Author: Upgradable
The color is just stunning! It has such a beautiful aqua face. And the cut is gorgeous!!! There is absolutely NO WINDOWING! It''s the prettiest aqua I''ve ever seen, and the size is perfect on her finger.

Enabler! Enabler!

It really is so gorgeous though.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
A Vatche x-prong would be perfection!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 7:26:12 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

I''m already saving pictures with ideas and the stone isn''t even mine yet!

Is $500 a manageable budget? It doesn''t have to be it''s forever setting, but at the same time if that''s not enough for something nice, I''d rather wait and save!

ETA: I''m looking for white gold and nothing too intricate!
1.gif
A little over your budget, but I big puffy heart this setting for an aqua!

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Full-of-Surprises--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1345.htm

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Sally at hearts of water on etsy quoted me a very reasonable price within your budget for a handmade ring in white gold similar to that leon I posted above. She said hers aren''t cast and they''re made by skilled artisans with years of experience. The only thing is you''d have to either send your gem to them or have a local jeweler set it after they send the setting to you. She was adamant they could reproduce the setting no problem but I ended up putting that project on hold so I didn''t get to see it made.

This style is kind of similar to what I had in mind.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOoooohh! LTP, I love the one you got for your sapphire... It''s so delicate and pretty!

giraffecushion- That setting is also really pretty! I can totally see it in a simple split shank like that.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 7:34:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Is $500 a manageable budget? It doesn''t have to be it''s forever setting, but at the same time if that''s not enough for something nice, I''d rather wait and save!

1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/-Full-of-Surprises--Diamond-Engagement-Ring_1345.htm
Not by much...... and Lordy, that''s a beaut!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2009 8:28:57 PM
Author: Upgradable
Date: 7/20/2009 7:34:48 PM

Author: LaurenThePartier

1.gif

Not by much...... and Lordy, that''s a beaut!!

Somehow missed this! I love it!!

Thank you ladies sooo much!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!! And you thought I was an enabler!!! I love the slightly split shank pave one LTP posted AND the rose gold split shank E/W just posted.

Do you remember the mauvish amethyst we saw? That would look killer in that mounting!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh ladies.... Now I feel like I HAVE to have it!! I had contemplated finally starting on my first project of my own, and now I definitely think it may need to get underway..

Thank you so much for posting these ideas! You have all nailed my taste down to a T! D&T.... that setting is to die for!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I love the Aqua on your hand and I love the Mistral setting. So if you wanted E/W I''d go with that one. The Aqua''s color looks just lovely and so whatever setting you pick I think you have a winner.

HTH

ma re

Ideal_Rock
To help you narrow down the setting choices; it seems to me when an EC is set E-W, it gives a more casual "vibe", but most of those set N-S feel more formal. So think about how you''d make the best use of it and have fun
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That Aqua is one of the prettiest I've ever seen on here!
30.gif
We may have to change your name to OUAquagirl.
9.gif

Seriously, it's gorgeous, and a great size too! Considering what you said you liked stylewise, and your budget, I would pick this one that DT suggested. Perfect! It would let that beautiful stone have center stage, which I'm always for.
bat%20eyes3.gif

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21344123

Of course, this is assuming you get it!! (hope so)
2.gif

And thank you gc!
28.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beauty! I like many of the suggestions but I tend to prefer a setting with some diamond accents.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I just got aqua envy . . . that is a gorgeous stone and a fantastic size on your hand!

I''m planning on doing that E/W Sally setting for my asscher too . . . Sally has been really friendly this far. Can''t wait to see it!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OU it''s GORGEOUS!!!!! I 100% vote for the Mistral setting...I am longing for one of Sally''s pieces, she does great things!

Congrats on finding such a beauty!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi OU -
I would absolutely consult Julia Kay Taylor through etsy..
a number of folks have her making custom projects lately (including two
from me) - she is highly skilled, personable and prices are v. reasonable.

I'm confident she could do a solitaire for that lovely aqua in WG for your budget.

Here is her etsy shop - check out all the PS'ers projects in finished sales..

and here is her site
for a look-see.

I'm also a huge fan of Sally, but this may be a good alternative if you're
not comfortable sending it to THI.

I'm very fond of your new aqua!

eta. link to etsy thread with pics of Julia's work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results