shape
carat
color
clarity

Apartment Decision Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOTS of PS fair dust going your way AG! Good luck! I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much you guys - we should be heading over there hopefully in about an hour or two, and I''m dying of anticipation! I just hope I don''t look like a junkie or something because I couldn''t sleep last night
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Update - WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Its PERFECT - gorgeous and has plenty of space, and it will be so quiet and private, and it has two HUGE bathrooms...we couldn''t be happier.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Now we just have to work on packing up everything we own in about 2 weeks
23.gif
32.gif
2.gif
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
talk about a win-win!!!
i''m soo happy it''s worked out beyond perfectly for you!
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
wooo-hooo great news! that ps fairy dust came through again! happy packing.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys - its like it almost fell into place by magic...stuff that I didn''t even have room to put in this thread. I just know this has to be the right decision
36.gif
36.gif
That PS fairy dust is some good stuff!
9.gif
31.gif
10.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I agree that the fact that #2 has more pros, less cons, plus would save you money makes it the best choice hands down, well worth a quick move.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY!!!! So happy for you!!! That''s fabulous!

If you need packing help, drop me a note. I''m happy to help, and so is John.
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! So happy and excited for you AG!!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gypsy - I really appreciate the offer, that''s very sweet of you, but I think you have too much on your plate and then some. I think we''ll be fine, and a bunch of my girlfriends may come over and lend a hand this weekend or next so I''m sure it will get done. But that''s really lovely of you to offer!

thanks snlee - we''re pretty over the moon, in between being stressed about trying to figure out packing and moving details and such...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay AG, talk about everything falling into place, that is so perfect. congrats!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are more than welcome AG, and it was a serious offer, with reinforcements coming this weekend, it would not have been a big deal for us to lend a hand or back to the moving effort. Plus, it''s a nice distraction for us. So keep the offer in mind should you need anything, please.

I''m so glad you got the place, you deserve the best!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 5:24:19 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Update - WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Its PERFECT - gorgeous and has plenty of space, and it will be so quiet and private, and it has two HUGE bathrooms...we couldn''t be happier.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Now we just have to work on packing up everything we own in about 2 weeks
23.gif
32.gif
2.gif
20.gif
YAY, congrats!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am very happy for you! Glad it came together. Sometimes the stars just line up - good going!!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I''m glad it all worked out for you. Wishing you much happiness and success in your new home!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad it all worked out for the best!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I just came in on this thread, and it has been pretty funny... at first I was like, "Hmmm, I dunno...I think I'd stay..." but then I read that apartment #2 was less rent, so that tipped it that way for me, then I read about the 3K class action suit, and thought, "Mmmmm, for 3K I'd definitely stay put..." then I read that you would still get the $$$ and I thought, "Cool!" ... then I read about the new place and it sounded PERFECT but then I read about the maybe-no-to-3-kitties and I thought, "CRAP!"... and then by the end of the thread well, what'dya'know, it was all worked out! (*whew!* I think that was one loooooong sentence!!!
2.gif
)

ANYWAY, just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry I missed the earlier parts of this thread... I certainly would have had my fair 2 cent's worth, haha! But I sure am glad everything worked out -- and even better than expected! YAY! xoxoxox

Now, what're you doing reading this, Missy???? You better GET PACKING!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You guys are so sweet...thank you everyone!! Lynn - you are right, I should absolutely be packing, and now that I''ve taken my 5 minute break I''m going to get back to doing just that.

Gypsy honey you are such a sweetie - if I''m feeling truly desperate by the end of the week I might ask for some help, but I think we''ll be OK.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so in true PS fashion, I decided since you all were so supportive I should share a few pictures we took when we went to see the new apartment. They don''t totally capture it, but I thought they might give a sense of how nice it is (don''t worry Lynn - I''ve been packing all day except for a nice brunch out since it''s DH''s birthday today, just resting now briefly before bed
2.gif
). Here''s a shot of the kitchen (notice those beautiful appliances...sigh...I can''t WAIT to cook on a stove like that again
30.gif
36.gif
)

300LH106kitchen11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Another kitchen shot - I love the high bar and the lights

300LH106kitchen22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
looking out towards the back of the apartment, in the combo living/dining room (I love bay windows too)

300LH106LR33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
A shot of one of the palatial bathrooms - I really miss having a nice bathroom. This one is mine, but DH''s is pretty much the same...

300LH106mb44.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally our lovely patio out back under the trees - we should have plenty of room for a patio table and chairs plus a grill and whatever else we want to put out here - it should be really lovely when the weather''s nice
1.gif

300LH106patio55.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Wow, AG, that is one super upgraded apartment! Where I live, I don''t think I''ve seen an apartment with the tile backsplash in the kitchen or bathrooms. And the lighting in the kitchen and living room is very nice, compared to track lighting that is typical. I am so excited for you. It is a lovely place and you have definitely made the right choice!

I was thinking of your three kitties while looking at the bay windows. I don''t know what you have planned for that area but check out this window perch - www.kittykot.com. I just got one about a month ago and my ragdoll loves it. It''s mounted to my bedroom window and I usually see him peeking behind the drapes when I wake up in the mornings.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks teetee - the details really do make this place, although a lot of them didn''t translate in the pictures. I think its because they originally built the building with an eye to selling the units as condos, but all the small things are really upscale and nice - fancy hunter-douglass blinds, high-end stainless appliances and real granite in the kitchen, super-heavy-duty double-pane windows, high-end faucets and doorknobs, etc... Some of it makes a difference to the living experience and some of it doesn''t, but it is representative of the building as a whole and makes a very relaxing place to be.

That kitty kot thing is TOO CUTE! I love it, I will have to talk to DH and see if we can figure out a window to put one in, although I fear they would squabble over it, since it would be such a choice napping spot.
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH YEAH, BABY, THAT''S WHAT I''M TALKIN'' ABOUT!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh my word! Gorgeous, gorgeous apartment, AG! I LOVE it! Thank you for sharing the photos! I can see what you mean about the upscale details... it really is beautiful! It looks like a very "happy" home.

Whoa, baby, Ollie and the girls are going UPTOWN!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Now, girlfriend, log off PS and get back to that packin''!!!
2.gif
(xoxoxo!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lynn, ROFL!! I love your posts - they totally make me smile when I sit down for five minute breaks, which I''m definitely needing
14.gif
14.gif
40.gif
I''m glad you like it - if you''re ever in the area you''re welcome to come by and visit and meet the kitties
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
AG,

The new place is beautiful! So glad this all worked out so nicely.

~K

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow!!! what an incredible apartment!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

i love love love it! thanks for sharing pics! you''ll have to give us a pic update once you move in and decorate!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, so happy for you guys. It looks awesome!!! Happy packing AG!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results