shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watch Laguna Beach???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I must say that this show is one of my guilty pleasures (along with Desparate Housewives). However, is it just me, or do they act really catty
11.gif
?? I mean, I know I''m only a sophomore in college myself, but I feel like I''m so much more mature than they are... I mean they change friends like they change their clothes, and they are fighting over boys who play games!! Anyway, I still love the show, it''s got me hooked!!! Anyone else tune in???

~~BTW, do you think it''s real, or do you think that the shows are scripted???

E B

Ideal_Rock
I do! It's one of my guilty pleasures too. I've been watching it since last season and this season, things seem to be "cattier". However, they're rich girls without a whole lot to do. If they had jobs/responsibilities, I bet they'd grow up real fast. Plus, the show isn't quite scripted, but the girls are told what to talk about for the camera, so I'll give them *some* benefit of the doubt. It's corny, but it's fun now and then to have something to watch without really having to think about it.
9.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I am shamefully addicted to this show....at least once per episode, I thank the stars that I am out of high school- some of those girls are downright mean!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love to catch it on the weekend. My daughter loves it too.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh are you kidding me? I'll "out" morticia too LOL...She gave me a link to the funniest site ever that has a very funny breakdown of each episode...I'll have to dig it up. That girl Kristen is just plain evil.

Seriously, I'm mary kay latourno ... Jason is SOOOO handsome. I think he's like 28 with that beard. What an A-Hole though....

"Ok, ok, I"m a slut"....LOL...But did you happen to catch Jessica in that bikini? OMG. TO have a body like that even back in high school... sigh.

The only thing better than Laguna is My Super Sweet 16 on right after it. And yes, I'm 32 years old LOL

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
MMM- My Super Sweet 16 leaves me without words for several minutes after seeing that show....did you see the one with the girl that was recently adopted? She begged her new parents for a BMW convertible, flunked the driving test, and got the car anyways. Just incredible.

Is that Bjorn person a boy or a girl? I couldn''t tell after watching.
26.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! MMM outed me.
9.gif
Laguna Beach is my guilty pleasure too. Every Tuesday, my friend and I complain about how dumb the people on that show are, but every week we're right back there watching it. LOL.

This past week's episode killed me. "Personal hygiene problem" - LMAO! I'm not an Alex M fan....

*ETA* - The site that offers hilarious recaps to various reality shows is tvgasm.com. The guy who writes the Laguna Beach recaps is brilliant.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Sorry for outing you! I didn't want to come out of the closet alone!!!

ROTFL lily- Bjorn was a boy! He was a "divo"...a male diva..was too funny....

I loved the recent Staten Island Sweet 16. Such trash (and I"m from NY! LOL)... Compare that one to the girl with the old father who got her the Range Rover...I forget her ethnicity...very exotic looking...And then there was that chubby nasty girl who was adopted and made her mother get her dunkin donuts LOL and she threatenend to beat up another girl on camera LOL... These kids need a good spanking!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you nailed my two favorite shows! my BF isn''t much on the reality shows at all- but will sit through these. i can watch luguna over and over- i don''t know what the draw is exactly, but i love it!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I have a hard time watching Sweet 16 b/c those kids are such brats. I pray if/when I have children, they do not act like that. If they do, I''m shipping them off to military school.
2.gif
Of course, I don''t have their parent''s bank accounts so I doubt my kids will act that way but still....

What about that little bitch from Florida, the one whose dad own the clubs? What a nightmare that girl was. They all are!

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
I have to fess up to this one!! I don''t know what it is about this show. My friend and I are addicted, this and ANTM, DH just rolls his eyes! Luckily MTV reruns these shows alot, I can watch all the time. I am also getting into the new reality show on MTV. They all make me happy I have a beautiful family and home in a strange way!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I for one am SO thankful that I don't have that kind of money and lifestyle... err, wait! I DO want to be spoiled and horrible! SO just kidding. I know what you mean Ming...It's like you think to yourself 'wow, I'm a good person and am normal...something that these people are not sadly enough..

Jcrow- it's like train wreck footage! Over and over and over!!!

Here is what TVGasm said about the beach scene with Jessica in her bikini:

In one of the more random transitions this season, we then saw Jessica and her bouncing cleavage galloping out of the Laguna surf. It was like Bo Derrick in 10 meets annoying.
ROTFL!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
MMM- i know - backstabing all over the place!!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Such great shows. I cannot miss Sweet 16!
I cannot believe how spoiled these kids are and the stuff that comes out of their mouths!
My favorite HAD TO BE the (Indian/Persian) girl with the Range Rover last season. How she would just start crying in the middle of the restaurant because her parents wouldn't buy her a brand new range rover and their ruining her life!

That NY girl was too much this week but what about her MOM?? She was a nut job!!

I wonder what Alex's personal hygiene problem was?
31.gif

I still can't figure out if the show is real or not but Talan on the show dated Lindsay Lohan for a short time.
Ahh TV, it's great!
3.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
angel= Really-  Talon?? I had no idea!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 37 and make BF tivo both Laguna Beach & that Sweet 16 show- I''m totally addicted and obviously very immature, since The Gilmore Girls is another guilty pleasure (hell even my BF likes GG
3.gif
)

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/28/2005 9:22:48 AM
Author: moremoremore
Oh are you kidding me? I''ll ''out'' morticia too LOL...She gave me a link to the funniest site ever that has a very funny breakdown of each episode...I''ll have to dig it up. That girl Kristen is just plain evil.

Seriously, I''m mary kay latourno ... Jason is SOOOO handsome. I think he''s like 28 with that beard. What an A-Hole though....

''Ok, ok, I''m a slut''....LOL...But did you happen to catch Jessica in that bikini? OMG. TO have a body like that even back in high school... sigh.

The only thing better than Laguna is My Super Sweet 16 on right after it. And yes, I''m 32 years old LOL
I Tivo both shows.

I am a huge nerd, as my husband says. LOL, I LOVE those senseless times on Mondays and whenever there is nothing else on b/c seriously it is like MTV only plays reruns of the shows 24/7. LOL.

I laugh because we went out with some friends the other night and one of the guys started in with us about the show- he was talking about the girls- he made me laugh so hard- how funny this macho guy who is like, " That Kristen is such a witch with a captial B" LOL, silly.

Did any one happen to catch the sweet sixteen of the girl who lives in PA?

I would kill for her car now!! Let alone when I was 16- my parents bought me a 91 plymouth Sundance AMERICA (oh yah, it was that fancy) to learn how to drive in...... Sigh. To live the good life and do it on TV... :)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 11:04:41 AM
Author: jcrow
angel= Really- Talon?? I had no idea!!
Yup, I rememeber reading it in my gossip mags!

Straw-You have the BEST avatar I have ever seen in my life!
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
haha, I watch Laguna Beach too... so trashy!! I like to look at their houses though
1.gif
(that''s what I tell my FI hehe)

One of my college roommates is actually from Laguna, and she is not mean or crazy like those girls though!!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I read an article last week (can''t remember from where) which talked Laguna Beach. Per the producer, much of the show is scripted, as well as staged (it finally makes sense why there''s always a camera at the crucial times). Plus, he said the real draw for audiences is that people get to relive their high school years through the eyes of the "popular crowd."

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I am happy that I''m out of high school now too
2.gif
!! I love that show, Kristin is kind of shady... first she''s friends with Jessica, then she''s friends with Alex M., but whatever. I think Jason is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
...OMG he''s so cute!!! BUt what he treated his girlfriends like crap!! What''s up with that bad hygiene rumor that Casey started?? Drama, and I love it!!! I love LC though, I think that she''s the sweetest girl!! I love that sweet 16 show too!! Those kids are sooo spoiled, and they need some home training... that fat girl Sophie (the girl who was really mean to her mom) needs to realize that her mom only wants what''s best for her... I mean, if I ever talked to my mom like that, I would have no teeth!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
jason- bleh! i LOVE stephen- or is it steven? anyways--- LC is awesome!! swear we know these kids or something-LOL. it''s hard to think that these people are in highschool! i keep thinking college...

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, Jason is a big dork and has no idea how to treat a girl!
38.gif

Stephen, so cute!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I think both Stephen and Jason are cute but both don''t know how to treat women. Stephen only seems to want what he can''t have (Kristin) and when she''s blowing him off, he has his fall back girl (LC). Jason is cute but personality wise - blah. The dude can not hold a conversation....
40.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 1:44:45 PM
Author: Morticia
I think both Stephen and Jason are cute but both don''t know how to treat women. Stephen only seems to want what he can''t have (Kristin) and when she''s blowing him off, he has his fall back girl (LC). Jason is cute but personality wise - blah. The dude can not hold a conversation....
40.gif

i so agree with you about stephen. but he''s a cutie!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
JCrow - he totally is. He''s a doll. Almost too pretty!
6.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2005 9:22:48 AM
Author: moremoremore

The only thing better than Laguna is My Super Sweet 16 on right after it. And yes, I''m 32 years old LOL
I recently outed myself as a fan of Sweet 16 to one of my friends, thinking she''d laugh, but it was that OH MY GOD, MEEE TOOOOO reaction. I havent been able to get into Laguna Beach, but just think the kids on the sweet 16 are so ridiculous! I guess more so are the parents who allow their kids to treat them so disrespectfully, they''re totally afraid of their kids. Sometimes I wonder about the parents and if they really can afford what their kids are asking for, I mostly wondered that about this past week''s episode with the Staten Island girl.

Lily - it wouldn''t surprise me if most of Laguna beach was scripted...every time I''ve caught parts it seemed way too rehersed to hem. Maybe thats why I havent gotten into it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
A kid in our area was on sweet 16, his name is Hart. The show ruined his life as everyone thinks he is such a jerk for doing the show. He did look like an ass on the show. I feel bad for him.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Kaleigh! Really? I saw that one and did think Hart was kind of a doofus but his dad more so. Hart was tame compared to most of the other kids on that show....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hart is a nice kid. He has the same tennis coach as my daughter. They even filmed at the tennis facility. My daughter thinks he''s nice too. But he had to switch schools after the show cause kids teased him sooo badly. He is a great tennis player and is ranked number 1 at his new school.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results