shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone watch Bridezilla last night?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daughter wanted me to watch it with her. Did you see the young man with the awful table manners??? Sheesh, he was wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.
14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, phooey, I tried to add another sentence and deleted it. What else I was going to say is, I felt so sorry for him. It was sad. Obviously, whoever raised him, his parents or whoever, didn''t teach him proper etiquette.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 5:45:41 PM
Author:Linda W
My daughter wanted me to watch it with her. Did you see the young man with the awful table manners??? Sheesh, he was wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.
14.gif
Yes, but awful as his boorish table etiquette was, her constant belittling him in such a hag-like, put down, total domination, scorched earth manner was far, far, worse IMO.

He made me sick to my tummy, but she made my skin crawl
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES!!! my thoughts exactly. I wanted to smack her and tell her to be quiet
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes you just want to shout at the screen "Run you fool, run for your life"
32.gif

I was also watching Platinum Weddings. One of the brides had a dress that had something called a bubble pickup. It was anything but flattering, even on her svelte figure. Imagine a 360 degree bustle/pickup all the way around her hips like a big droopy pouch. She came out in it and all her BM''s ohh''d and aww''d. I thought they all needed glasses
23.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 7:17:51 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Sometimes you just want to shout at the screen ''Run you fool, run for your life''
32.gif

I was also watching Platinum Weddings. One of the brides had a dress that had something called a bubble pickup. It was anything but flattering, even on her svelte figure. Imagine a 360 degree bustle/pickup all the way around her hips like a big droopy pouch. She came out in it and all her BM''s ohh''d and aww''d. I thought they all needed glasses
23.gif

DITTO on both counts.

I really liked when the etiquette coach had her little aside and said, "Yeah, his manners are bad, but she''s terrible!" It cracked me up.

The worst was when she demanded he go to boot camp in the morning and ate A DOZEN DONUTS while watching him. Gee, hypocritical much?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I have to say that this season seems especially fake to me. I wasn''t watching it, then got sucked in by that awful Long Island couple (which seemed extremely fake to me). I watched last night with D and we agreed that the whole "etiquette coach" thing seemed totally set-up. Oh, and the workout coach, too. You''re telling me she woke up at 5 a.m. and got herself coffee and donuts? Highly doubtful. It really seemed like they set it up and said "okay, eat these and yell at your fiance".

It''s like the brides want to play the character of a bridezilla now.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if they are made up... but I have to tell you..... IRL, some of my daughters friends treat their husbands like that. DH and I sit in amazement at how they can put up with that. They look like wimps to me.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes you just want to shout at the screen ''Run you fool, run for your life''
32.gif

23.gif

ha ha ha, I saw that one too and thought the same thing. That dress was horrid.
Did you see the Tiffany Blue reception. I loved those colors.

Linda

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 9:39:50 PM
Author: Linda W

32.gif

23.gif

ha ha ha, I saw that one too and thought the same thing. That dress was horrid.

Linda
Yes, that dress was not flattering at all!!! And it was a $10,000 Monique Lhuillier!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i watched it too!

that monica girl lives about four or five miles from me.....i felt bad for her bridesmaids - they all seemed so easy going haha

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
What channel was this on? I think I''ve seen this or something like it before. I wanna watch.......

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watch it on the WE channel. It is also on another channel, but I forget which one. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Linda

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My DH asked me if anyone had posted about that b**tch on Bridezillas! He was so fascinated by her behavior, it was like a train wreck -- he couldn''t stop watching!
6.gif

What on earth made those two decide to marry? He''s got awful manners, but she is a horrible person. If they''re in love, I''ll eat someone''s hat!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes you just want to shout at the screen 'Run you fool, run for your life'
32.gif

I was also watching Platinum Weddings. One of the brides had a dress that had something called a bubble pickup. It was anything but flattering, even on her svelte figure. Imagine a 360 degree bustle/pickup all the way around her hips like a big droopy pouch. She came out in it and all her BM's ohh'd and aww'd. I thought they all needed glasses
23.gif
Me too!!! I thought that gown just looked God-awful!! It was a Monique LLullier (sp?) I think, or was it Reem Acra ?, and she had it custom designed for around $10K?? It was a big fat BLEECCHH!
38.gif

I've said it before -- money does not buy taste.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 8:59:55 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I have to say that this season seems especially fake to me. I wasn''t watching it, then got sucked in by that awful Long Island couple (which seemed extremely fake to me). I watched last night with D and we agreed that the whole ''etiquette coach'' thing seemed totally set-up. Oh, and the workout coach, too. You''re telling me she woke up at 5 a.m. and got herself coffee and donuts? Highly doubtful. It really seemed like they set it up and said ''okay, eat these and yell at your fiance''. It''s like the brides want to play the character of a bridezilla now.
DITTO. I thought the awful already married couple was from New Jersey but I''m assuming that''s who you meant for the 1st couple. OMG - that was like a viral video. The one where the bride cracks up & starts cutting her own hair & then it turned out it was improv actors & totes fake. I think this WHOLE SEASON is influenced by that stunt. Smearing cake in a relative''s face? Storming out of the travel agent ... fake crying. Bullying the contractor re: hanging the TV. Throwing her wedding band into a glass of wine. I did not believe it. It seemed like the guy was 1/2 cracking up most of the time. And she switched on & off like a light. REALLY bad actress if it was fake. REALLY bad person (imho) if it was real.

And the etiquette couple -- OY. My DH watched 5 min of it and was like he must not have any self esteem. For someone to do that kind of stuff to their loved one is one thing (horrible) but to do it with such glee on national television ... maniacal!
32.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did see that episode & was cringing with the # of times she said "Tiffany Blue" though. Tiffany this Tiffany that. But then, they were such a lovely couple and so generous with each other & so kind to all their guests & had such great taste (otherwise) I couldn''t even snark on them.
3.gif
They''re the perfect example of extravagant but charming & humble. And did you see her RING. I think it was a 3ct Tiffany Legacy $110K. OUCH.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco,

Yes, I did see her ring. It was gorgeous!!! I guess they could afford it. Her mom was paying for the whole wedding too. Egad, that was a lot of money

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 7:21:42 PM
Author: decodelighted

I did see that episode & was cringing with the # of times she said ''Tiffany Blue'' though. Tiffany this Tiffany that. But then, they were such a lovely couple and so generous with each other & so kind to all their guests & had such great taste (otherwise) I couldn''t even snark on them.
3.gif
They''re the perfect example of extravagant but charming & humble. And did you see her RING. I think it was a 3ct Tiffany Legacy $110K. OUCH.
OH CRAP! I missed that? UUUGH I wonder if they will play this episode again...........
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamgirl, It was on again last night. Keep checking listings.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I just can''t believe those two brides are real. Just seems like real people don''t act that way.

And as for the manners couple...did anyone else notice that she was being SUPER hypocritical about her Fi''s weight? She was in no position to be eating a donut and telling him to exercise, ya know? Don''t get me wrong, that behavior is inexcusable no matter what...but she was a girl of a certain heft...and in no position to be throwing stones!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched an episode or two once but couldn''t handle it. I can barely tolerate stuff like that on PS, and that''s only in PRINT. Seeing it in all its glory...I don''t have the gut of steel for that!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG: That is why some of us think it is fake!!

Linda

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 7:52:00 PM
TG: That is why some of us think it is fake!!

Linda
Linda if some of the stuff I''ve read on PS (and the reputation re: what you can read on the Knot) is any indication, I can actually believe that it is real.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 7:45:04 PM
Dreamgirl, It was on again last night. Keep checking listings.
Thanks, Im looking at their website now to maybe find another air-date.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Good Grief, I do hope most of it isn''t. Especially that nasty, nasty one from New Jersey. The way she talked to her mother
14.gif
I would have slapped her right across her face. Oh yes I would have.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 7:55:56 PM
Oh Good Grief, I do hope most of it isn''t. Especially that nasty, nasty one from New Jersey. The way she talked to her mother
14.gif
9.gif
Well, then I am glad I didn''t watch it. Disrespecting parents is a tough one for me to take. I''m already training Amelia to say "Yes mama. I love you mama. You''re right mama." Unfortunately right now it sounds more like "AaaaaaaaaaaagoooooooooooobbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" but we''re getting there.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 8:01:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 7/22/2008 7:55:56 PM

14.gif
9.gif
Well, then I am glad I didn''t watch it. Disrespecting parents is a tough one for me to take. I''m already training Amelia to say ''Yes mama. I love you mama. You''re right mama.'' Unfortunately right now it sounds more like ''AaaaaaaaaaaagoooooooooooobbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'' but we''re getting there.
3.gif

ha ha ha ha ha, love her baby talk. It is funny. My oldest grandson is so polite and respectful, he is 8. Now the younger one, his brother is 6 and egad, he talks back, argues he is something else. He is very opinionated.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 7:47:37 PM
Author: littlelysser
And as for the manners couple...did anyone else notice that she was being SUPER hypocritical about her Fi''s weight? She was in no position to be eating a donut and telling him to exercise, ya know? Don''t get me wrong, that behavior is inexcusable no matter what...but she was a girl of a certain heft...and in no position to be throwing stones!
HA! I thought the same thing. And I''m on the *plus* side of thing myself so usually sensitive to weight issues but GEEZ. When she was smushing her maid of honor''s b**bs down into her dress & saying "You can''t look prettier than me" I was all "TOO LATE!" If she was worried about being outprettied on her wedding day maybe homeslice shouldn''t have picked a supermodel-gorgeous skinny minny MOH (with a gorgeous attitude to match).
3.gif

Seems like the editors are nicer to some brides that others though. Did you see the one with an equally *generous* bride where the gal was hassling her sister to get her eyebrows waxed ... she''s all "you''re a monster, you''re a wooly mammoth" kinda talk but then the show did an IRONY CAM & showed close-ups of the BRIDE''s copious amounts of shaved facial hair.
23.gif
And later she was telling folks to buy Spanx & stop eating wings and they cut away to IRONY CAM again with "ding" "ding" "ding" sound effects as they showed close ups of all her various plentiful rolls of fat.
31.gif
40.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha, yes Deco I saw that one. Did you see the one where the bride ate a lot because she wanted another wedding dress?? and she kept blowing that darn whistle of hers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results