shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone love their mattress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m very happy with our new mattress. I had a Tempurpedic for 10 years that I loved, but DH didn''t really like it, so we just bought a SleepNumber a few months ago with a pillow-top (that''s the kind that you can adjust firmness on both sides according to what each likes - he likes firmer, I like softer).

That was OK, but I was really missing the memory foam on top. So, just last night, DH presented with with a Serta memory foam mattress topper as one of my Xmas gifts (he didn''t want to wait because when they ship it you''re supposed to take it out of the packaging right away). We put the memory foam topper on top of our pillow top SleepNumber mattress last night, and it was fantastic! I think that we''re both really happy now.

If you''re not a fan of memory foam, though, then I recommend the Sleep Number bed - they have several different models. If you do like memory foam, then I think nothing beats a Tempurpedic.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu we got this one back in spring of this year.
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=367122&CategoryID=37817

we got it for closer to the closeout price than the retail since macys is always having sales. it had been almost 10 years since we bought a mattress set...!!

and i have to say i am SO GLAD we did because i had just found out i was pregnant and i was like... there is no way i am going to be all uncomfortable and huge on our worn out set. we had been meaning to get a new bed for about two years, i kid you not, but something else kept coming up instead!

anyway, we LOVE the bed... we got firm pillowtop because greg likes firm and i like plush... so it was kind of a nice blend of the two. at first it was a little too firm for me but within a month or so it settled in and now it feels amazing. and greg really likes it too..i was worried it would be too plush for his back.

we no longer wake up achy and old feeling (well old feeling sometimes) but i just am so happy i did it before i got too big.

the one thing we don't really love is that i think you can't flip the mattress because it's pillowtop, and that is something we are used to doing. maybe these new sets don't really need it, but you can't help but feel like 'well i am going to be wearing a hole in it in a year or two'...i guess time will tell! i also tried the tempurpedic and i was not really a fan, my friend has it and she has back issues so it helps her, but we didn't like the memory foam feel of it..i'm more a plush girl.

oh and the new sets are so crazy HIGH, it's ridiculous... i am 5'7" and i just stand by the bed then turn and step in. it's basically at my low hip level on the mattress stand thing. the dog can't get on by herself anymore.

we just went to macys and laid on a bunch of beds. it is hard to figure out what you are going to like esp if you have a really old set like we did. everything felt good! but after another visit we kind of narrowed it down...and the sales guy said he had only ever had simmons...macys sells a bunch of brands but he loved simmons, said it was a better mattress for the money than some of the other brands. we could have gone a little more pricey given how long we keep these sets, but we didn't feel like we needed to with this set. it was 'posh' enough if that makes sense. anyway, good luck!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE our tempurpedic! We have had it about 5 years now and the thing is amazing. Still good as new, and sooooooooo comfy. I just LOVE going to bed!!!!
3.gif

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Glad to hear Mara got great results with her purchase and is still in love.
emlove.gif
I agree with her on the height thing...we are twinkies on that thought. The easiest thing to approach and land into. Smooth.

We did the same-Simmons/macys. But got an even KILLER-er deal on a king set. They practically paid us to take it. Bells should have gone off. Got it the weekend Foleys switched to Macys. The story was the king model wasn't allowed on the floor with Macys. They had 3. We chose the most plush highest feature one. Euro Top I think. It has some sort of cool touch fabric on top. And sleep zones...and sorry I knew everything about mattresses at the time. Have moved on to other mind worms and can't recall all the details.

Loved loved LOVED the Simmons. The bowling ball thing is so true. I can do back flips off my side and hubby has no clue that I am doing anything until I bust my head on the window ledge. (just kidding).

Fast forward three years later. We are experiencing what we refer to as a.....do do do do do do...haunted bed. It is the oddest phenomenon. Scenario...you are in bed alone...still...and all of a sudden you swear someone just crawled in with you. HUBBY is that you? No answer. Ok you think you must have been experiencing a muscle spasm and you just didn't realize. Then it moves again...and the closest way to describe it is a QUIVER. The bed quivers. I get gentle lite quivers. Where hubby gets these violent earth shattering shakes.

The fun part is...your dreams are multidimensional. In my Cinderella dreams my little friends of rabbits and squirrels actually run across me all the time. Pitter patter scatter here and there. His dreams Indian savages are on top of him. (Geeze get over it! It is just a dream!)

The only thing we can figure is one or more of the independent springs have collapsed and are trying to pop themselves back into place. The quivers are close to reverberations of sound. Therefore the spring theory in a cartoon comes to mind. Boing! This event is always exaggerated when I remake the bed. So I think it has something to do with the lining up of the spring set to the box set...and finding a happy zone. They also gave us a bed frame. Perhaps our problem lies in the frame. We have no headboard to steady the set....so again we could be at fault.

I am in the midst of sheet replacement (780 tc single ply supima cotton). And hubby is fighting new sheet break in not yet soft enough and bed shake...he is waking with abrasions! He said his flesh is getting sanded! GET ME OUTTA HERE HE SAYS. Get me a new bed. Or head the the creek and beat the sheets on a stone all day and don't come home until they are butter. But get me some comfort....or get a bus ticket to your moms.

Not sure how my little story can help you...I am sure we are so unique in this experience. I have called a ton of reps and read every Simmons blog on the planet. We are the special ones.

Special. Woo Hoo.

OOPS...LuLu I have to apologize. I just re read your OP and your requested replies IF anyone LOVES their Mattress...so I am editing to add...yes, I love my critter scampering mattress. LOVE IT!
emlove.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
casa Blanca, that is crazy
3.gif

DH keeps talking abut a tempurpedic, but we have some other things to get first so it will probably be a year or two. I''m also looking at the latex foam mattresses.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 8:24:01 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh, I LOVE our tempurpedic! We have had it about 5 years now and the thing is amazing. Still good as new, and sooooooooo comfy. I just LOVE going to bed!!!!
3.gif
Ditto - same story here. After five years, I still love it!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 10:05:44 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

Date: 12/27/2009 8:24:01 PM
Author: Lynn B
3.gif
Ditto - same story here. After five years, I still love it!!
36.gif
Thritto, 5 or 6 yrs too here!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results