shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have really pale colored sapphires....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
As I posted yesterday I''ve been looking at sapphires for an anniversary ring. I went into my search thinking I wanted a vibrant pink or yellow, but I keep finding myself drawn to pale peach and orangish yellow sapphires, not quite pads, more subtle, anyone have anything similiar in real life? I''m just wondering if they can look washed out??? Any thoughts??

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Hey I actually sent you an email earlier today (from Charity). I don''t want to break any rules Am I allowed to discuss specific stones from your site?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well Michael E at Gemshoppe.com has this montana sapphire available (though you might want to contact him just in case) it was listed a few weeks ago.

for $250 1.79 ct cushion

montanasappme.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personal experience: untreated/unheated light cornflower-blue sapphire from Ceylon, mounted in white gold with closed setting and two small diamonds. Very bright! I am not unhappy with my purchase, so you may like something similar.

DistinctionJewelry

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have a couple of very small pale blue Montana sapphires in my personal collection. I think if anything were a candidate for looking washed out, these would be. But they aren''t! They are stunningly brilliant and very beautiful. I think as long as you select a sapphire with excellent cutting, you should be good to go no matter how pale the color.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The problem with pale colored sapphire in the recent past was that they were perfect candidates for beryllium treating. There haven''t been many floating around as rough for a long time. I think that they can look spectacular if they are cut well and have enough size and color to show up well. They really do need to have excellent clarity as well, since those lightly saturated stones show every little speck. Very hard to fins pale peach and orangish yellow though. Most people seem to want the more vivid and pure hues. You can probably find this sort of thing at a very good price with a little looking.

teddybearmommy

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 4:52:49 PM
Author: D&T
teddy...

how bout this?

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=78&idproduct=2239
I''d love to own one of his stones, but I want some color, I keep stalking that sight hopping one will magically appear
emsad.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few pics of my Montana sapphire (it''s the little greenish roval): Mini photoshoot of erings

And a couple more (towards the end of the first page and onto the second): Link

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2010 8:40:51 PM
Author: teddybearmommy

Date: 2/2/2010 4:52:49 PM
Author: D&T
teddy...

how bout this?

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=78&idproduct=2239
I''d love to own one of his stones, but I want some color, I keep stalking that sight hopping one will magically appear
emsad.gif
Once you know what you want it will eventually appear!! And if you know exactly what you want you can ask a cutter to check their vaults or cut one for you.
9.gif

morecarats

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2010 7:22:22 PM
Author: Michael_E
The problem with pale colored sapphire in the recent past was that they were perfect candidates for beryllium treating. There haven''t been many floating around as rough for a long time. I think that they can look spectacular if they are cut well and have enough size and color to show up well. They really do need to have excellent clarity as well, since those lightly saturated stones show every little speck. Very hard to fins pale peach and orangish yellow though. Most people seem to want the more vivid and pure hues. You can probably find this sort of thing at a very good price with a little looking.

Michael, in the last year there has been a lot of pale-colored Tanzanian sapphire on the market here in Thailand -- yellow, pink, orange, violet, blue and even some that could fairly be called padparadscha. This is unheated material and I''ve had a few dozen pieces certified as such at AIGS. It is mainly found in smaller sizes (usually under 1.5 carats), but a lot of it is quite clean with good brilliance. The prices on this material tend to be quite attractive, and you can often buy single pieces for around $100-125 a carat. I''m not sure where this material comes from in Tanzania, but I don''t think it is the Songea sapphire which is usually beryllium treated.

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
I had a light blue sapphire halo ring made for a friend of mine.

You can see pics here...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/light-blue-sapphire-in-logr-setting.111175/

Lovebaubles

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a really beautiful oval pink sapphire (my birthstone). I purchased it from The Natural Sapphire Company, then I worked with a designer to incorporate it into a ring. I absolutely love it. I am much more drawn to the pale stones than the dark highly saturated ones. But, I really do
30.gif
them all.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a very pale purple.

IMG 000002.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doug, my birthday''s coming. :)

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 5:53:52 PM
Author: Harriet
At just under 2 cts. I think I would have to find this ones big brother for you Harriet. I am still looking though.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll settle for one of your spinels.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! That pale aqua is the color of those zircon briolettes that are so lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2010 6:01:59 PM
Author: colormyworld

At just under 2 cts. I think I would have to find this ones big brother for you Harriet. I am still looking though.
I think my birthday comes first and I don''t need giant stones, unlike Harriet.
11.gif
25.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 9:14:24 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 2/4/2010 6:01:59 PM
Author: colormyworld

Doug, my birthday's coming. :)
I think my birthday comes first and I don't need giant stones, unlike Harriet.
11.gif
25.gif

I remember a time when this was true but ever since the spess... you've changed.
17.gif
11.gif

c langston

Shiny_Rock

I have a small 4.75 yellow sapphire, I just love the shade of yellow. One day I''ll figure out what I want to do with it.

cl

MYellowSapphirecl011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results