shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else have updates?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing too huge...

I did stumble upon temp files that showed he has been looking. A friend actually confirmed that he has been looking. SO looks for any opportunity to show me he knows everything he should about diamonds...including my coveted ascher cut.

Still, I feel he is taking any opportunity to show off his diamond knowledge to sort of calm me down a bit so I can at least take comfort in the fact that he is seriously looking. I think the actual proposal and ring are still a ways away.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 10:30:22 AM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Nothing too huge...

I did stumble upon temp files that showed he has been looking. A friend actually confirmed that he has been looking. SO looks for any opportunity to show me he knows everything he should about diamonds...including my coveted ascher cut.

Still, I feel he is taking any opportunity to show off his diamond knowledge to sort of calm me down a bit so I can at least take comfort in the fact that he is seriously looking. I think the actual proposal and ring are still a ways away.
I am here with you. He wants it to be a surprise so nothing has been really discussed outside of his agreeing that a tifanny-style solitaire is his favorite. Which is fine. I love that he wants to totally surprise me, but at the same time, the snoopy part of me wants to see and hear everything that has to do with the ring, the purchase, etc.

I WISH I was one of those carefree, "que sera, sera" types...but...> I am not. If it happens by September, I would be thrilled. Although we are taking a trip to Cali in August. I am thinking he might do it while out there...we''ll see I guess!
1.gif

My name is climbing rather quickly on that list...especially since Memorial Day Weekend lol

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, today is a 2 year anniversary. I''m very happy about reaching this milestone and have a nice dinner planned. After our talk last night I know there won''t be a proposal tonight.

Yesterday we went to a Memorial day BBQ with his family and between his cousin''s new engagement and his sister (who''s getting married in October) engagements, and weddings pretty much dominated every conversation. Okay this is no excuse but I was totally PMSing and it it all just got to me. I knew I was being silly and I just couldn''t help myself. Of course while we were there I was happy for everyone and just smiled and went with the flow but after we left I just wanted to keep quiet so I wouldn''t cry. That didn''t work, and we talked and I cried.

He basically said he knows he has to do it....he just has to "pull the trigger" but he''s not the kind of guy who plans anything, and more often than not he plans something and then forgets. We''ll plan to get up early and go out for pancakes and I''ll be all in the mood for pancakes and he''ll just forget, and this I can deal with, but some things just have to be planned. It''s just one day he''s all into this and the next he hardly remembers we even talked about it. I really don''t want to push him but at this point I feel like if I don''t bring it up every once in a while he''ll think I''m fine with how things are, and I am for now. He knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and I know he''s the only one I want....deep down I just think he''s afraid of the change, and it''s a big one. So I''ll wait. When he sped things up and wanted to get married in January I was surprised but I''m certainly okay waiting a bit longer.

Two steps forward and one step back....Oh well at least we''re still one step further than where we started.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 11:20:15 AM
Author: KCCutie

He basically said he knows he has to do it....he just has to ''pull the trigger'' but he''s not the kind of guy who plans anything, and more often than not he plans something and then forgets. We''ll plan to get up early and go out for pancakes and I''ll be all in the mood for pancakes and he''ll just forget, and this I can deal with, but some things just have to be planned. It''s just one day he''s all into this and the next he hardly remembers we even talked about it. I really don''t want to push him but at this point I feel like if I don''t bring it up every once in a while he''ll think I''m fine with how things are, and I am for now. He knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and I know he''s the only one I want....deep down I just think he''s afraid of the change, and it''s a big one. So I''ll wait. When he sped things up and wanted to get married in January I was surprised but I''m certainly okay waiting a bit longer.

Two steps forward and one step back....Oh well at least we''re still one step further than where we started.
Oh sweetie, I know just how you feel. My BF is not a planner either. He tries, bless his heart. In my case, BF is borderline ADD (ADHD?)...which is a running joke, but its true. With someone like me who is the ULTRA planner type, it is hard. When I know something has to get done, I focus only on that. He, on the other hand, puts all his attention into it, for awhile, and then his attention is diverted somewhere else. He really cannot help it and I have learned this hard lesson after living together these last two years.

Keep being subtle and letting him know you''re there to help if he has any questions. In the meantime, know that you''re not alone and it doesn''t make your engagement story any less significant. *hugs*

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 11:20:15 AM
Well, today is a 2 year anniversary. I''m very happy about reaching this milestone and have a nice dinner planned. After our talk last night I know there won''t be a proposal tonight.

Yesterday we went to a Memorial day BBQ with his family and between his cousin''s new engagement and his sister (who''s getting married in October) engagements, and weddings pretty much dominated every conversation. Okay this is no excuse but I was totally PMSing and it it all just got to me. I knew I was being silly and I just couldn''t help myself. Of course while we were there I was happy for everyone and just smiled and went with the flow but after we left I just wanted to keep quiet so I wouldn''t cry. That didn''t work, and we talked and I cried.

He basically said he knows he has to do it....he just has to ''pull the trigger'' but he''s not the kind of guy who plans anything, and more often than not he plans something and then forgets. We''ll plan to get up early and go out for pancakes and I''ll be all in the mood for pancakes and he''ll just forget, and this I can deal with, but some things just have to be planned. It''s just one day he''s all into this and the next he hardly remembers we even talked about it. I really don''t want to push him but at this point I feel like if I don''t bring it up every once in a while he''ll think I''m fine with how things are, and I am for now. He knows he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and I know he''s the only one I want....deep down I just think he''s afraid of the change, and it''s a big one. So I''ll wait. When he sped things up and wanted to get married in January I was surprised but I''m certainly okay waiting a bit longer.

I don''t know if it''ll help your guy, but I made J write things down now. If we agree to do something, or if he tells me he will do something on a certain day or BY a certain day, I say, "That''s great, honey. Now write it down so you don''t forget."
2.gif
I do this too, and it definitely helps keep me on track, but I''m not as bad about it as J is (possibly because I''ve been in the habit of writing things down longer).

Your boyfriend doesn''t HAVE to do this engagement thing all on his own either, really. An engagement is about the two of you, so if any of the hesitation is about the actual buying of the diamond (I mention that since you said "pull the trigger"), then offer to help him. I understand not wanting to continually remind him because I hate doing that too--I end up feeling like J''s mom, and lovely woman as she is, I do NOT want to be his mother.
14.gif
But you can do it together, as a team, and that way the pressure is off both of you. It can be fun again! No more tears!
1.gif

So, yeah, if there are times when you can do things together and that will make it easier, DO IT. There''s no reason for you to be upset and him to be nervous if you could do it together and hold each other''s hand through it all, y''know?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 110px">Date: 5/27/2008 12:14:55 PM
Author: gwendolyn

I don''t know if it''ll help your guy, but I made J write things down now. If we agree to do something, or if he tells me he will do something on a certain day or BY a certain day, I say, ''That''s great, honey. Now write it down so you don''t forget.''
2.gif
I do this too, and it definitely helps keep me on track, but I''m not as bad about it as J is (possibly because I''ve been in the habit of writing things down longer).
Gwen, I did this too (having him write down stuff, I mean)! We bought a little datebook, small and black--doesn''t even look like a planner. He uses it daily and it has helped him so much with remembering things he needs to get done. I highly recommend it if you (or your man) has trouble recalling short-term (or long-term) stuff.

He''s used it for almost two months and its really the cutest thing. I see him writing everything down LOL...I don''t say anything though...

NickiDrea

Rough_Rock
-Updates... well I ordered my wedding dress (Demetrios, and gorgeous!) back in December and it''s in!!! It''s ready for my first fitting! Unfortunately I will have to travel a bit (2 hours) for my fittings because my dress is at the store near my mom in Northern NJ and I live in Philly. But it''s in and I''m sooo excited to see it. It''s huge (as in I have to walk sideways to get out of the dressing room in it, or I had to when I was trying it on!) I still plan on getting a full bridal slip to make it bigger, lol

-Me and Abe (we HATE calling each other fiance/fiancee by the way) just got a new, gorgeous loft apartment in Center City. It is beautiful and we love it because it''s not just one floor, it''s two levels. It''s perfect- we''re really happy.

-We also found our venue and put down a deposit. We''re getting married on September 13, 2009. Here is our venue:
http://www.weddings-delval.com/crystaltearoom/
It''s conveniently located about two blocks from where we currently live, so it''s easy to stop in and meet with our coordinator.

-I am have chosen chocolate, ivory and mocha for our wedding colors and I found our invitations!

-My mom is throwing us an engagement party next month.

I think that''s all for now!
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's ADHD. They got rid of ADD and now its ADHD with the attention deficit type or the hyperactivity type. Of course, they can be combined too. I have the attention deficit type. Bleh.

BF and I were watching tv last night and I noticed that this guy had a wedding ring tattooed on his finger. BF decided that this was a fabulous idea, because he has this total irrational fear that he won't be able to get his wedding ring off. I'm not really sure how I feel about the idea. I don't think I have a problem with it, but I still think I'd like him to wear a ring. Maybe he can have both!!
10.gif

In other news, we will not be getting engaged for about another 11 months at the earliest. I knew that already, but he made it very clear the other night. So...I'll be around for a while yet.

And Gwen, I asked him about the stone that I wanted, and he said that it's too big, and that I'm too picky. Its about 7mm x 10mm. So I went hunting for other ones but the only other one that I found (I wasn't looking that hard) was 10.10mm x 13.60mm. So I showed that to him and it shut him up on the size thing. I'm sure he still maintains that I'm too picky, but I wish he'd just buy it and hold onto for the next year. Maybe I'll talk to him about that...

ETA: NickiDrea-did you mean to post that on the BWW board?

NickiDrea

Rough_Rock
Yes!! Oopps... I have no idea how I managed that!

I''m not very good at navigating these boards... I''ve only posted a couple times and going from forum to forum/topic to topic is NOT my strong point.

Sorry
38.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No prob!! And no worries!!!! I had a hard time at first too. BTW-sounds like your wedding progress is moving right along!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 2:11:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
And Gwen, I asked him about the stone that I wanted, and he said that it''s too big, and that I''m too picky. Its about 7mm x 10mm. So I went hunting for other ones but the only other one that I found (I wasn''t looking that hard) was 10.10mm x 13.60mm. So I showed that to him and it shut him up on the size thing. I''m sure he still maintains that I''m too picky, but I wish he''d just buy it and hold onto for the next year. Maybe I''ll talk to him about that...
Too big? No such thing! Desensitize him with rocks that are 5-10 times bigger than what you want, and then yours will look reasonable in comparison. And too picky?! Pah! It will be on YOUR finger for the rest of your life! I''ll bet he''d be plenty picky about what sort of tat he puts on his finger since it''ll be there for the rest of his life!

Ok. Done responding to your FF for now.
2.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 12:58:21 PM
Author: Bia

I don''t know if it''ll help your guy, but I made J write things down now. If we agree to do something, or if he tells me he will do something on a certain day or BY a certain day, I say, ''That''s great, honey. Now write it down so you don''t forget.''
2.gif
Gwen, I did this too (having him write down stuff, I mean)! We bought a little datebook, small and black--doesn''t even look like a planner. He uses it daily and it has helped him so much with remembering things he needs to get done. I highly recommend it if you (or your man) has trouble recalling short-term (or long-term) stuff.

He''s used it for almost two months and its really the cutest thing. I see him writing everything down LOL...I don''t say anything though...

Thanks ladies! I don''t think he has ADHD I think he''s just a Sagittarius! LOL! I''m not kidding my BFF is a Sag and she has the same affliction and I love them both dearly so I''ve just come to accept it.

Anyhow maybe writing things down is a good idea. He did say once when we were talking time-lines that maybe we just needed to sit down and write this all out so maybe I''ll bring that up again.
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2008 2:36:40 PM

Date: 5/27/2008 12:58:21 PM
Author: Bia

2.gif

Thanks ladies! I don''t think he has ADHD I think he''s just a Sagittarius! LOL! I''m not kidding my BFF is a Sag and she has the same affliction and I love them both dearly so I''ve just come to accept it.

Anyhow maybe writing things down is a good idea. He did say once when we were talking time-lines that maybe we just needed to sit down and write this all out so maybe I''ll bring that up again.
9.gif
Honey, I will top that. My BF is ADHD AND a SAGITTARIUS LOL ...talk about enough to drive you bonkers.
37.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lmao Gwen!!

I talked to him about it last night-we had just gotten into bed and I turned over and asked him why he has such problems with buying a stone before he''s ready to propose (I mean the dang stone is hardly an investment-blue topaz is CHEAP) and he said that that wasn''t the problem, it was more along the lines of, "You gave me guidelines, now I get to pick out the details. And that includes the stone. You are out of the loop." So I asked if that meant he is actually open to buying a stone early, the important part being that I don''t know about it, and he said, "Maybe." So, that''s that. And now I am out of the loop and just hoping like crazy that he gets that stone I''ve been watching for MONTHS now.

I can just imagine showing him rocks that are 3 centimeters long, and like 20 carats and showing him-yeah this is what I want! Here''s one: link 19.4mm x 15 mm and 21 carats. HAHAHAHA!!!Can you imagine that on someone''s hand as their engagement ring?! I just measured and that is almost as long as my finger bone-from the webbing between my fingers to the middle knuckle-YIKES!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2008 3:36:48 PM
Author: FrekeChild

I can just imagine showing him rocks that are 3 centimeters long, and like 20 carats and showing him-yeah this is what I want! Here''s one: link 19.4mm x 15 mm and 21 carats. HAHAHAHA!!!Can you imagine that on someone''s hand as their engagement ring?! I just measured and that is almost as long as my finger bone-from the webbing between my fingers to the middle knuckle-YIKES!!!
Good lord that is huge!!!!! LOL! Remind me what setting you wanna set your stone in Freke? Don''t know if I''ve seen it... or if you''ve posted it.
41.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SunnyD nothing special really-just this: 14kt white gold

The stone would be an oval hopefully around 8mm x 6mm, but I could go up to 10mm x 8mm, but no smaller than 7mm x 5mm. And either Swiss Blue or London Blue.

Paired with this: 14kt white gold w/ sapphire Krikawa

And this: 14kt white gold

The Krikawa band would be worn on the bottom, and the plain band in the middle. I want to get married with both. The ering wouldn''t get worn except on special occasions. Also, the width for all of the rings would be 2mm.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Cute Freke!

My update: Not engaged, yet

We just went camping and everyone was all, "When ya getting her a ring???"
38.gif
As if the wait isn''t bad enough, I have to deal with other people impatient too?? lol
32.gif

Less than 3 months now though! And if it''s longer, I''ll cry. For sure.

Sadly though, while camping we were almost rundown by an F4 tornado. Thankfully, it was still 3 miles away-- but the damage to all of the cars was HORRIBLE!! He got an estimate and it''s $5200 worth of damage. That''s like, my ring right there. I keep feeling like no matter what, stuff is still going to happen and pop up and I''m never going to get a ring because a working car, and paying bills is more important.

Yarh!@#!@$

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 2:20:22 PM
Author: that_someone_special

We just went camping and everyone was all, ''When ya getting her a ring???''
38.gif
As if the wait isn''t bad enough, I have to deal with other people impatient too?? lol
32.gif

Sadly though, while camping we were almost rundown by an F4 tornado. Thankfully, it was still 3 miles away-- but the damage to all of the cars was HORRIBLE!! He got an estimate and it''s $5200 worth of damage. That''s like, my ring right there. I keep feeling like no matter what, stuff is still going to happen and pop up and I''m never going to get a ring because a working car, and paying bills is more important.

Yarh!@#!@$
Oh no! How scary. At least you are ok. I am TERRIFIED of tornadoes (somewhat irrationally, given that they are quite rare here).

Can he put the car through insurance or no? (Though I realize doing so would prob just make his premiums go up...)

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 2:20:22 PM
Author: that_someone_special

We just went camping and everyone was all, ''When ya getting her a ring???''
38.gif
32.gif

Yarh!@#!@$

Yikes! Tornadoes are scary. I know how you feel about something always popping up and getting in the way. I''m trying to picture what 5200 worth of damage looks like. Is it possible that he could just fix the glass and leave the cosmetic stuff for later? For that much damage I''d think about cliaming it under insurance. Unless he''s had several claims recently it may not hurt that much and besides rates would go back down once you are married.

Kilche

Rough_Rock
Hi Sunnyd.
I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to post when I saw yours. I too am looking at cushions and we were gonna buy but turns out he now wants it to be a surprise and wants to wait a little. So I know what its like to see the perfect one, but watch it slip away... What are the specs you are looking for? I am always looking so if I ever come across something I can let you know.

ringless

Shiny_Rock
No update here... still waiting
8.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Freke, another Krikawa girl here! I love their stuff
10.gif
I''ll be crossing my fingers on your BF buying the topaz!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 2:58:33 PM
Author: Kilche
Hi Sunnyd.
I have been lurking for a while but finally decided to post when I saw yours. I too am looking at cushions and we were gonna buy but turns out he now wants it to be a surprise and wants to wait a little. So I know what its like to see the perfect one, but watch it slip away... What are the specs you are looking for? I am always looking so if I ever come across something I can let you know.
Hi Kilche! Wow, I inspired a lurker out of lurkdom? I feel so honored!
5.gif
3.gif

I actually have 2 on their way to Whiteflash, so hopefully 1 of them will speak to me (saying buy me, buy me!). So your BF wants it to be a surprise huh? Mine did...until he saw what kind of a crazy I''ve become over diamonds.
9.gif
Maybe yours will see the light too. Ha!

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Here is my update: He bought the ring today!!! I feel like I''m going to explode and pass out all at the same time, very excilerating! I''m sure it''ll be a couple of months before the actual proposal, but the fact that he took the plunge and purchased the ring makes me feel like its practically a done deal! WOOHOO!
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo goodfun!! That''s so exciting to hear!!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Time for another update.

Well E had some sort of epiphany this week it seems like. Yesterday he sent me the cutest e-mail it was almost like a business contract but he was just being silly and basically it said we need to look into moving in together ASAP b/c if we want to get married in January and buy a house next year we need to start saving and planning now and paying 2 rents is silly. So after some back and forth we agreed that if we went looking this weekend and found something we could both give notice to our respective landlords and move into a new place together in 30 days! Sqeeeee!

Of course we have always maintained that we want to be engaged before we move in together and since this is coming up so quick I was a little worried that he may not be able to get my ring (or have all the money for what he wants to get me) right now. So I playfully suggested we could search e-bay for a cz "stunt double" just until he has the funds and can buy the real one and no one would know it wasn''t real but us and probably no one would notice the switch to the real one if we got the right size and shape stone in a plain solitaire setting. He said that wouldn''t be necessary!
9.gif
I tired to offer my help since I have scoured PS daily and have several nice stones bookmarked but he won''t let me help at all.
27.gif

I''ll know more after "the hunt" this weekend but we hope to find a place and start a 30 day countdown!
36.gif

Someone pinch me I think I''m dreaming!
23.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2008 10:37:31 AM
Time for another update.

Well E had some sort of epiphany this week it seems like. Yesterday he sent me the cutest e-mail it was almost like a business contract but he was just being silly and basically it said we need to look into moving in together ASAP b/c if we want to get married in January and buy a house next year we need to start saving and planning now and paying 2 rents is silly. So after some back and forth we agreed that if we went looking this weekend and found something we could both give notice to our respective landlords and move into a new place together in 30 days! Sqeeeee!

Of course we have always maintained that we want to be engaged before we move in together and since this is coming up so quick I was a little worried that he may not be able to get my ring (or have all the money for what he wants to get me) right now. So I playfully suggested we could search e-bay for a cz ''stunt double'' just until he has the funds and can buy the real one and no one would know it wasn''t real but us and probably no one would notice the switch to the real one if we got the right size and shape stone in a plain solitaire setting. He said that wouldn''t be necessary!
9.gif
I tired to offer my help since I have scoured PS daily and have several nice stones bookmarked but he won''t let me help at all.
27.gif

I''ll know more after ''the hunt'' this weekend but we hope to find a place and start a 30 day countdown!
36.gif

Someone pinch me I think I''m dreaming!
23.gif
Yay! That is GREAT news, honey!! Congrats!
36.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gwen!

Small update: Well, we did a lot of thinking and talking and driving around this weekend. We thought we wanted to rent a small house(instead of an apartment) so our dogs would have a yard and the more we talked about it we realized we are starting a life together and throwing money away on rent when our goal is to save for our future is just not a smart move. Then we realized that the mortgage on a small starter home in the area we are looking at is actually the same or less than renting. So we''ve decided to buy a house! We called a Realtor and we''re going to see some on Wednesday! We realize this may take a bit longer than finding a rental but we''ve decided that he will give notice on his apartment this month and if we don''t have our house on time we''ll stay at my place together (so at least we''re only paying one rent). Many of the places we are looking at are "move in ready" so we''re hoping this won''t be a long drawn out process.

And yes we still plan to be engaged before we move in. YAY! I''m guessing he won''t propose unless my sister is in town b/c she''ll want to celebrate with us and she''s coming back for her birthday June 24th
31.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Wow KCC!! That''s awesome! Here''s to hoping you find a house soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results