shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Re: Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey

Dayyyummm TGal, you have been busy!!! Thank you so much for all of these suggestions! I LOVE the one from Etsy, but not the price :cry: I've inquired about one band from diamondzone but have not yet received a reply... I also like the one at the top of this page too, I'll keep an eye on the price. I love the one with the engraving from Ruby Lane :love: Thanks TGal!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1335805527|3184071 said:
btw, if you are a 6.5, then do a search for the seller of some of these hildalgo rings. Lots of stackers in that size range, including this one for $795. Not sure about the buyer's reputation though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hidalgo-Ring-18k-White-Gold-Diamonds-NEW-2325-Retail-Sz-6-5-RS6919-/170832263580?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item27c665799c

I WANT THIS BAND. And it is my size. Crap. Out of budget for me right now (the budget is a bit self imposed but I can't violate it).

I did win the band I bid on. BUT I'm an idiot and read the size wrong so it's one full size bigger than I wear even with my fingers at their most swollen. And it's not really sizeable (unless I ask 23rd street to work their magic I guess). I'm not sure what to do. I got it for a good price. So I paid for it and it's on it's way. We'll see what I decide to do from there.

I'll post pics of it when I have it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal said:
OK, not dirt cheap, but from a reputable ebay seller (I've bought a couple of times from him with no issue as have other PSers), and it's new and platinum. Size 6.5 for $995...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATINUM-1-00ctw-MARQUISE-DIAMOND-WEDDING-BAND-RING-/120846377489?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item1c23016211

THIS THIS THIS!!!! :lickout: THIS is what I'd love love LOVE, if I were hunting, in a 7.75/8 :bigsmile: :appl: :love: :appl: :bigsmile: Oh Tgal!!! You found my dream band!!!! (but could you miraculously make it in WG and about 1/2 the price please? ;)) )

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy, I love that band too. Interested to see what you got!

Enerchi, yes, that one was very cool...I went hunting for more like it last night for you, but no luck. :sick:

Stargurl, I hope you don't mind that I'm posting other sizes here (if you do, we can start a separate thread!). I am keeping my eye out for smaller sizes, but it's definitely tougher!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1335925127|3185294 said:

Enerchi, yes, that one was very cool...I went hunting for more like it last night for you, but no luck. :sick:

Stargurl, I hope you don't mind that I'm posting other sizes here (if you do, we can start a separate thread!). I am keeping my eye out for smaller sizes, but it's definitely tougher!
I actually called Luann today at IDJ regarding another item or two and asked if she had anything like it! She said she will look then send my info. Woo hoo! May be a few months away but worth the wait :bigsmile:

Thank you very much for taking the time to look for me- that was very sweet of you :halo:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here's the vendor image of the band I bought. Size 7 3/4 (and I wear a 6.5-6.75). Platinum with single cuts.

It's pretty and I love the milgrain the scalloping and the single cuts. But again... stupid me misread the size.

Gypsy Too Big Stacker.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1335926455|3185322 said:

Here's the vendor image of the band I bought. Size 7 3/4 (and I wear a 6.5-6.75). Platinum with single cuts.

It's pretty and I love the milgrain the scalloping and the single cuts. But again... stupid me misread the size.

Well, if it's worth doing some work on, then see! If not, resell that beauty!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: :appl: :love:
I'm in love with it! That's right up my alley! Keep me in mind if it's heading down the resale road at any time ;)) :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1335926733|3185332 said:

I'm in love with it! That's right up my alley! Keep me in mind if it's heading down the resale road at any time ;)) :bigsmile:

ROFLMAO. I promise honey. If I resell it at it's current size I will keep you in mind as first dibs. I really love the stupid thing though (from the pics) and if I can have it really resized it might be worth it as a keeper. I'll know better when I have it in hand.

T-gal. It might be worth the work to me, IF I can find a place that will do it. The main reason I'm even entertaining the work is because it's platinum. I would just resell a gold version. But platinum is worth a little extra effort to me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1335928032|3185358 said:
Enerchi|1335926733|3185332 said:

ROFLMAO. I promise honey. If I resell it at it's current size I will keep you in mind as first dibs. I really love the stupid thing though (from the pics) and if I can have it really resized it might be worth it as a keeper. I'll know better when I have it in hand.

T-gal. It might be worth the work to me, IF I can find a place that will do it. The main reason I'm even entertaining the work is because it's platinum. I would just resell a gold version. But platinum is worth a little extra effort to me.

Well, I saw pretty much an identical ring at 23rd street, so I'll say that it would be worth it since the 23rd street ring seemed to cost an arm and a leg! Great find!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1335928288|3185367 said:

Well, I saw pretty much an identical ring at 23rd street, so I'll say that it would be worth it since the 23rd street ring seemed to cost an arm and a leg! Great find!

It was a good find, I just wish I'd read the sizing thing correctly. I even bid against people for it (which I rarely do) thinking how often are you going to find a platinum stacker like this IN YOUR SIZE. If I resold it I'd probably just ask 450 for it. No arms or legs here. That's why I love ebay.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1335929125|3185385 said:
TravelingGal|1335928288|3185367 said:

It was a good find, I just wish I'd read the sizing thing correctly. I even bid against people for it (which I rarely do) thinking how often are you going to find a platinum stacker like this IN YOUR SIZE. If I resold it I'd probably just ask 450 for it. No arms or legs here. That's why I love ebay.

Well for that price, I'd find someone who can modify it. Mine obviously wasn't my size, but I'm paying a small amount to get it there. It's hard to find a platinum stacker that is what you want for sub $500.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

What did you pay for your sizing, if you don't mind my asking? I know sizing down is cheaper than up, but this is the first time I've had to have it done.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't mind. $100 for the platinum, diamond and engraving/milgraining work. I love the band so it still made the band reasonable.

If this band check out half decent and the diamonds aren't crap, I'd do it. Especially for the price you paid. ;))

ETA, I have no idea if that $100 is good, bad, or indifferent, but I felt it was a fair price for the work to match the band. I haven't seen the result yet so we'll see. She did say she was doing it at cost as I was making my main ring through them, but I always take that comment with a grain of salt. What matters is that I think the price was fair, whether it was or not, hahaha.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1335930584|3185406 said:
I don't mind. $100 for the platinum, diamond and engraving/milgraining work. I love the band so it still made the band reasonable.

If this band check out half decent and the diamonds aren't crap, I'd do it. Especially for the price you paid. ;))

ETA, I have no idea if that $100 is good, bad, or indifferent, but I felt it was a fair price for the work to match the band. I haven't seen the result yet so we'll see. She did say she was doing it at cost as I was making my main ring through them, but I always take that comment with a grain of salt. What matters is that I think the price was fair, whether it was or not, hahaha.

Yeah. Good point. Okay, I'll keep that in mind. 100 is fair. I'll ask Joe E if the band catches my heart in person. I always know when I see thing in person. Pics are good, but in person is much better.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

have I mentioned how much I love this thread?...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope it works out. It always unnerves me when something is so cost effective though. But it can be that the seller bought it cheaply themselves. In my case, I do think it's because the twin to my ring sold for full asking price, so there was wiggle room on this one. I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on it!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

nicstx|1335931916|3185429 said:
TravelingGal|1335675125|3183316 said:

does it bother anyone that this has what seems to be the couple's initials and wedding date engraved on it?

...just a thought

If I wanted it for my own wedding ring? Maybe. To wear as a RHR and stack crap on top? Nope, I like the history!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1335930920|3185418 said:
TravelingGal|1335930584|3185406 said:

Yeah. Good point. Okay, I'll keep that in mind. 100 is fair. I'll ask Joe E if the band catches my heart in person. I always know when I see thing in person. Pics are good, but in person is much better.

I did a quick search here for ring sizing in platinum. Uh...I eat my words...I think 23rd street is being more than fair....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Consider it SOLD!, Gypsy, if you decide you don't want it!!! Just puttin' it out there .... :D :wink2:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1336000191|3186098 said:

Consider it SOLD!, Gypsy, if you decide you don't want it!!! Just puttin' it out there .... :D :wink2:

Okay. LMAO. I will consider it sold if it doesn't work out for me honey. And I know it will have the best home with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results