shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pscopers from NC???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 10:38:12 PM
Author: moremoremore
Yippee! Thanks for the links and info guys!
Dumb questions...are there subways? LOL..What a nerd I am. I would rather have older construciton with a private, small yard...I'm excited just thinking of it!!! I am going to plan a visit soon!!!

Hey, will FI give me a pricescope discount? LOL
41.gif

fort mill

ballantyne

south park

pineville

matthews

lake norman

cornelius

denver

tega ray

Maybe you could visit when PV and I plan a get together. FI's house is in Cotswald which is older houses, trendy neighborhood. Ballantyne is newer house (last 5 years or so) Very nice area. South park is also nice. Older houses there. Closer to downtown than Ballantyne. We live in Pineville. It is right next to Ballantyne but MUCH cheaper. Matthews is farther out. Mostly new subdivisions. Lake Norman is $$$. Nascar drivers and such but beautiful. I would not choose cornelius or denver. Too small town for me. I have never heard of tega ray. There is a subdivision called Somorset which is actually in Union County so it is cheaper taxes but really, really nice newer houses. About 5 miles from Ballantyne. I am a South Charlotte girl. North charlotte is where the university is.

No subways, sorry
9.gif
but gas is under $2.50 at the moment so driving isn't too expensive and these traffic rumors are false at least in Charlotte. I have never been to NY so I cannot compare but we will live here for a long, long time.

ETA: Most of the above mentioned areas are considered suburbs of charlotte. If you look on that website I gave you most are in area 5 (that is also where we live).

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
MMM: Thanks! Some days I worry that I won''t be a good attorney
20.gif
or find a job for that matter...but to add to your list of places check out Huntersville, nice area that is expanding and there is a lake out there too umm forget the name, but it''s not overly developed like Norman and Lake Wylie.

Personally for me, in the next two years, I''d like to settle in the Ballantyne area because I know that the houses there will really appreciate in value. There is the area south of Ballantyne, part Matthews/Pineville part SC that is exploding in developments as well. My brother and his wife bought a house about one year ago and it was about 150k? In just one year, the homes in their neighborhood are now going for 180k. Pretty good if you ask me!

Yeah Tacori, let''s schedule our get together when MMM comes down!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Ok.. Ok... Ikknow I promised no more... but this is a 8 bd. 5 bath 11000SQ Ft house in Eastern NC. Beautiful Place. I decorated the 5 childrens bedrooms in this house... it is just a magnificiant house. My whole house could fit the garage and maybe have some room left over...

BTW: Each palm tree cost the owner over 10,000 each.... One of the days I was there, they were delivering 25 of them...

starhill.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 10:52:53 PM
Author: Princess V
MMM: Thanks! Some days I worry that I won''t be a good attorney
20.gif
or find a job for that matter...but to add to your list of places check out Huntersville, nice area that is expanding and there is a lake out there too umm forget the name, but it''s not overly developed like Norman and Lake Wylie.

Personally for me, in the next two years, I''d like to settle in the Ballantyne area because I know that the houses there will really appreciate in value. There is the area south of Ballantyne, part Matthews/Pineville part SC that is exploding in developments as well. My brother and his wife bought a house about one year ago and it was about 150k? In just one year, the homes in their neighborhood are now going for 180k. Pretty good if you ask me!

Yeah Tacori, let''s schedule our get together when MMM comes down!

Hey now!! Keep me up to date.. I need a little mini vacation anyway!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the tips!!! I''ll have to see when hubby wants to go...yes, meeting up would be nice if time permits! :)

Gosh, that is SO weird to me...driving into the city/ no subway??? Wow!!!

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
I'm learning the meaning of the saying, "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone" since I moved to DC. It is great here, don't get me wrong, and I love actually living IN the District. The metro, museums, restaurants, my JOB :) These things are all great. However, My bf and I are paying more in rent for a 1 br apt here than we would for a mortgage for a nice 3 or 4 bedroom house in Raleigh/Cary. It's a trade-off for sure. After a couple of years here, I'm going to be hankering for a yard---so back to Carolina for me
41.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Mine, of course you are included silly!
3.gif
I would just die to see your ring in person...literally die. Your ring was one of the first that caught my eye at PS when I started lurking.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha all of those houses are WAY too big for us!!! we have 1850 sq ft here and if we moved i'd love something like 2500 or 3000 but nothing more, gotta clean all that space...and my parents used to have a 3500 sq ft home when i was growing up and it took 3 of us 4 hours to clean the whole house, it was so tedious!

and i'm totally with you on the taxes MMM....$1k? $3k? our taxes were more than double that last year!! insano.

unfortunately we don't know a soul in NC though greg's family is in Maryland, and Pennsylvania so they'd be close but i would feel really isolated i think. it would be FAB to have a lovely home with a big yard and all that with relatively no mortgage, but what do you trade??? i know we have talked about this on here before but as someone of color i feel like areas in the east are so different than somewhere like here in CA or NYC where diversity is just the way of life. i would hate to move somewhere and figure out later that it wasn't all i thought it would be.

funny thing is that a few other friends have talked about NC so we like to joke around that if they move we will too.
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2006 12:19:43 AM
Author: Mara
unfortunately we don''t know a soul in NC
31.gif

Hey Mara, you know us! kind of
2.gif
FI and I don''t have family here and it is hard sometimes but that is what planes are for
16.gif
We miss them but our quality of life is better than if we lived where they live (due to weather
14.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MINE! of course you are included. Does Diamonds4me post here anymore? I know she is close to Charlotte. Who else? I don''t think there are a lot of us from NC.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
How''d I miss this? I''m orginially a Carolina gal. We moved to VA when we were married for a job opportunity. Missed it so much that we bought a second home in the Piedmont Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point) area. The traffic Pearcrazy & I were discussing was the Raleigh Durham area. It doesn''t flow well - but MMM - if you are used to NYC surrounding area traffic - this is a walk in the park. Also, the city planners in the Triangle (raleigh durham chapel hill) were asleep at the wheel. The schools are over crowed & they are constantly redistricting.

I can''t offer much about Charlotte except that it''s nice. It''s changed quite a bit and has become a financial center for the South. It''s truly a big city - but still has that old South to it. They have a pro football (Panthers) team & pro basketball (Hornets) team.

Ironically, I''m an NYC ex-pat. My family moved to NC when I was in High School. It SURE is different here. Slower life style - people even talk slower. I had a hard time adjusting to the non hustle and bustle. I return for extended stays to NYC & remember why I miss it. You feel more alive. But, on the flip side, down here is a nicer quality of life in the LONG run. It''s a step backwards in time to some extent. Southern Belle Debutants are still a main stay.

Real Estate - while creeping up - is RELATIVELY *very* affordable.

I can''t comment on the job front - as far as Lawyering. But, they do have Corporations with in house counsel & in NC - you must use an Attorney to close on a house or re-fi - so it''s it''s own little cottage industry.

Be happy to answer any specific questions! I know a great Mortgage Company that charges NO closing costs! And, I mean NONE. They even paid for our attorney.

so.....

COME ON DOWN AND STAY A WHILE - ya hear!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I want to add. All of NC cities are going to be access by car. No public transportation to think of. Even the bus only goes to certain areas in the city.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m in love! :) Geez, I feel rather dead and exhausted inside not alive LOL....... I am SO excited at the thought. Hubby needs a little motivation but we are on our way! I sure will be in touch when it''s time!! Thanks so much :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM- let me know if you have any other questions about Charlotte. I''ll do my best to answer them
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results