shape
carat
color
clarity

Any pscopers from NC???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Anyone from NC? I have HAD ENOUGH of NY...the areas out east away from the city are SO expensive and the taxes??? Please, $7500 a year for the ok areas...We are thinking of moving to NC for a lot of reasons. Have JUST started looking. Would need to be close to Charlotte I suppose...anyone out there? I would love any tips...

The idea that I can get THIS for a little over $350k is laughable. My sh*t-whole coop in Queens will go for that. I would have almost no mortgage....And a much better lifestyle. I would have to retake the bar exam or not work or do paralegal work. I don''t really care!

369.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
To compare. This nasty thing is $659K in the area we are looking at. And the taxes are going to be at least 6-8000 per year. Ew.

nassau.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha MMM get in line, we were considering it too, if we sold our house and moved to somewhere like NC, we could also be basically mortgage free with a 2500 sq ft home! BUT my whole life is here, my friends, family and Greg has been away from his fam for so long he's used to it now....so I think I'd feel like a fish out of water. Yes the brand new beautiful home for a low price is tempting, but then there's actually living life elsewhere!! Don't know if I'd want to. I really love it here.

i know pearcrazy and F&I are in NC...also they were both saying that the traffic is a nightamre out there because of everyone like us considering NC as the place to go from a high priced area like SF / CA or NYC etc....so it sounds like in a year or two it may not be quite the idyllic existence everyone is picturing if everyone is moving there!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see your point MMM. Have you been there?? Could you leave your friends and family?? Sounds like a nice idea though. I hear you on the taxes and the housing costs. Where I am outside of Philadelphia it''s almost as bad. Good luck in your decision. Nice looking house BTW. Not your typical Mc Mansion!!!
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More
35.gif

6.gif
that house is beautiful
30.gif
and it is eye clean.
41.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

And you just did those lovely reno''s.....

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I can't imagine traffic being worse than the Van Wyck or the Grand Central East at rush hour LOL...Ever try going out East in the summer when everyone is going to the Hamptons...or the BQE at 10 am?
14.gif

We have friends there and I have no family really in NY to begin with. I actually love the idea of getting out of NY. It's a bit "much".... I hate it hear these days. The people. The rush. The traffic. The dirt. The lack of trees. No mortgage and low taxes sounds awesome...even if it becomes more populated...again, I can't imagine it being worse than Queens!
14.gif

We are getting our resumes to headhunters this weekend and going to fly out to our friend to look around!

I would LOVE to live anywhere other than Long Island!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t live in NC but have been there many, many times and I love it. Not only can you get a beautiful home you get a huge grassy yard along with it. i say for it.

My best friend lives in NY. I LOVE going to visit but wouldn''t want to live there.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Hey.. NC here. WOW... I am not sure I could handle paying that much... Just for fun, I am posting some pics of houses in Eastern NC that run about 695$

This one is 650,000

4 bd 4 bath~ 5000Sq Ft.

rocksp.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
here is the back

Taxes 4700$ a year

rocksp2.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one is a bit higher.. 699,000
Taxes are 2732$ a year
4bd 3 bath on 2.1 acres

woth1.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one is 599 on a deep waterway

taxes 3262 a year
5bd 5 and 1/2 bath
6000 sq ft

anotherhouse.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
defintely a good house for someon who likes to entertain

anohtrhouse2.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
another kitchen shot

anotherhouse3.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one is 259

1000 taxes per year
3 bedrooms
3Baths
3500 sq ft... awesome schools

thisoneis259.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LIVE IN CHARLOTTE!!!! I love it here. We are so happy. The weather is great, low cost of living, clean downtown, good public schools, excellent food. I suggest everyone move here and we can be cat loving, diamond hunting animals! Let me know if you have any questions on specific areas if you are serious. Actually FI has a nice house for sale
2.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring is in Charlotte, NC as will I be this summer. My family is from right across the SC border (suburb of Charlotte) and haha you think NC taxes are cheap...just check out SC''s taxes! There are some nice developments just south of Charlotte coming up. I''ll be looking at a 30 minute-45 minute commute with traffic to downtown Charlotte (only about 15-20 miles) everyday.

It''s funny because I never used to appreciate where I am from so, when I got into law school, I was all about getting as far away as possible to a ''big city.'' Unfortunately, now that I am relatively close to DC, the real estate and cost of living expenses appall me! Not to mention my ''network'' and family plus Tyler''s family is in NC/SC. It''s interesting because people have such a preconceived notion of the south, and I think Charlotte is very different. Charlotte has started to grow so much in the past 5 years. There are all sorts of interesting and ecceletic restaurants popping up everywhere, the shopping is getting tons better (by that I mean big stores are coming in ie Neiman Marcus, LV, etc.)

Now, the small hometown that I am from is still pretty backwards even though the population has exploded there in the past few years..the stereotypes are still there. Being part of a ''mixed couple'' gets interesting at times..of course it was a 1,000 times in Louisiana. Anyway, I just adore Charlotte and would really love to be able to settle there for good after law school. (Now if only I can get a job already...)

Btw moremoremore, I see you are an attorney..here is what bothers me about the Charlotte area as far as legal jobs. It seems to be a rather tight knit community with preference given to those who attend NC law schools (especially UNC and Wake). It was very difficult and taxing for me to find a summer job, and many Charlotte law firms only recruit in the NC/SC/VA areas. Most of them really don''t concentrate on VA schools
14.gif
either. I would think it would be different though since you are already a practicing attorney. Well good luck
35.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Tacori!
35.gif
Guess we better start planning our get together soon! I''m coming back into town May 8th so anytime this summer is great hehe can''t wait to get together!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I don''t think traffic is bad at all.
33.gif
At least no worse than any other large city I have lived in. Charlotte is also great because the ocean is under 3 hours away and the mountains are under 3 hours away.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Here is a great site to check out and you can have fun seraching for homes by prices range and amenities.

http://www.charlotte-eba.com/

Click on the blue highleighted "Charlotte real Estate" and then you are going to have to register... click on the Search Charlotte homes.. Registrar there. (I always just make up names and such) and then you can serch for homes (Look at the bottom where it says .. "search homes now" Click on that and have fun!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
This one is 650... but I think it comes with apool. 4 bd 4 bath 7000Sq Ft

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
oops forgot the pic

charlotteone.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2006 10:19:50 PM
Author: Princess V
Hey Tacori!
35.gif
Guess we better start planning our get together soon! I''m coming back into town May 8th so anytime this summer is great hehe can''t wait to get together!

I know! Just let me know. MINE should drive down!!! Ummm....who else is there?

MMM- I love www.allentate.com for charlotte homes. They have all the MLS listings.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
ooohhhh very very nice...

chaarlettte.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
ooohhh this one is 350.....

charlottepreettty350.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I''m there Tacori!! Let me know!!

Ooohh this one is 350 too.. 4bd 4 bath.. how nice...

anothercharlotte.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mine, where are you at in NC?

Btw, I''m pretty sure you just listed my FMIL''s house
31.gif
but I won''t say which...they are trying to move to a house with a lake lot which of course costs way more.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
ok ok last one... But there are defintely so many possiblities.. just for hahas here is one that is 250...

lastone.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Princess.. I am over near the coast!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Thanks for the links and info guys!

Princess V- I would actually not hope to not practice law anymore in an ideal world. I hate it more than words can express...I would be a fab paralegal!
9.gif
It just doesn't fit my personality..but best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll be a champ!

And WOW those pix are awesome. Those are multi million dollar homes here...it's mind blowing! I wouldn't need anything that fancy..I'm just a simple gal
9.gif
I'm laughing at the taxes...$1000 a year? My MONTHLY maintenance on the coop (in addition to the mortgage) is $750.00! HA!

I would love to know of some specific good areas around Charlotte....but I think some are actually considered Charlotte? Hmm, confused :)

Dumb questions...are there subways? LOL..What a nerd I am. I would rather have older construciton with a private, small yard...I'm excited just thinking of it!!! I am going to plan a visit soon!!!

Hey, will FI give me a pricescope discount? LOL
41.gif

fort mill
ballantyne
south park
pineville
matthews
lake norman
cornelius
denver
tega ray

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results