shape
carat
color
clarity

Any photos of 18k green gold??

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I am designing a custom bezel for an ancient coin. Originally I was leaning towards 18k yg but it was suggested I use 18k green gold. I've looked all over for samples of the color and am finding few photos. I realize that computer moniters won't show the true color but I could get an idea of the tone or depth difference if the 18k gg was next to18k yg. From what I've been able to find, it looks like most gg jewelry is given a satin or matte finish. It would be cool to use gg because the coin was minted in 20/21AD and gg was common back then. It is even mentioned in the bible but with a name that I don't remember.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
I seem to remember a trilliant chrysoberyl in green gold made by Whiteflash. Stunning ring. A search may turn it up. I would love to see your coin and project. It's one of my jewelry bucket list items.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I can tell you that it has been discussed before and that the Pricescope search engine is not working properly. I am a gold aficionado and the person who started The Gold Thread. We have certainly discussed colored gold in that thread. I know that peach and apricot gold are pictured. I do not recall there being any photos of green gold pieces in that thread (although there may be), but I do recall that it has been discussed elsewhere and that Pricescope is not now giving up any results of discussions that I recall when I search for green gold.

The search engine has been letting me down a lot lately.

Here is one thread on colored gold; the chartreuse is, of course, a green:

A Thread on Colored Gold...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/swedish-gold-what-would-you-call-this-color-gold.165208/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/swedish-gold-what-would-you-call-this-color-gold.165208/[/URL]

Here is another that shows some green gold settings:

A Thread From Colored Stones on Setting in Colored Gold...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-gold-or-yellow-gold-for-chrysoberyl.148370/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-gold-or-yellow-gold-for-chrysoberyl.148370/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting AGBF. Green is much more subtle than I thought. I imagine ppl would often sis take it for yellow gold if they're not looking too hard.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1362258033|3394702 said:
Well...I can tell you that it has been discussed before and that the Pricescope search engine is not working properly. I am a gold aficionado and the person who started The Gold Thread. We have certainly discussed colored gold in that thread. I know that peach and apricot gold are pictured. I do not recall there being any photos of green gold pieces in that thread (although there may be), but I do recall that it has been discussed elsewhere and that Pricescope is not now giving up any results of discussions that I recall when I search for green gold.

The search engine has been letting me down a lot lately.

Here is one thread on colored gold; the chartreuse is, of course, a green:

A Thread on Colored Gold...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/swedish-gold-what-would-you-call-this-color-gold.165208/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/swedish-gold-what-would-you-call-this-color-gold.165208/[/URL]

Here is another that shows some green gold settings:

A Thread From Colored Stones on Setting in Colored Gold...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-gold-or-yellow-gold-for-chrysoberyl.148370/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-gold-or-yellow-gold-for-chrysoberyl.148370/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Thank you! I was able to find the link in one of the posts and saved the thread. She didn't say if she had the gold matted with a satin finish. It looked like it. I want as many examples that I can find so when DK gets back I can show him what I want.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mochi's ring from WF and a pendant I found online, it has a lot of GG. Maybe to get the true effect and color of GG it needs to be matted. Do you think that would be too feminine? The pendant is for my fi.

18k_green_gold_pendant.jpg

gg_ring.png

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Try this. Go to Google and type in:

site:www.pricescope.com/forum "green gold"

All sorts of useful threads and pictures come up.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two 18K green gold rings designed by Brien Thomas.

AGBF
:saint:

0de1859ddb29d98250f9dcc0d970f407.jpg

18kgreengoldringbybrienthomas.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you show us the coin? Is it made of gold? I know nothing whatsoever about coins, modern or ancient, except that some are made from pure (i.e. 24K) gold. And I know that most modern coins are not! It is hard to envision your coin in green gold versus yellow without seeing it! I have a lot of rose gold, but also many, many colors of yellow gold in purities between 14K and 24K. Some are bright gold, some peachy, some more apricot, etcetera.

I'd love to see what you actually have! (I love color.)

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the coin, it is silver, 20mm across and weighs 6.75g.

shekel_front.jpg

shekel_back.jpg

half_0.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's beautiful!!! I am about to go to the hairdresser, but I had to post now to say that I just love it! It is great for a guy!!! More later.

Hugs,
Deb

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hi NM,

Unless you have your heart absolutely set on green gold, I think your coin will also look nice in yellow gold. I think green gold looks great with certain shades of yellow or yellowish green stones. The downside of green gold is that you will be limited to which vendors you work with, and if you need to do repairs in the future, you may have a tough time matching the gold color unless you go back to the same vendor. If you do end up going with green gold, I would get the specifications of the alloy used so you have that for future reference.

Preg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1362681955|3399219 said:
Wow! It's beautiful!!! I am about to go to the hairdresser, but I had to post now to say that I just love it! It is great for a guy!!! More later.

I don't know where I disappeared to, but when I saw that pregcurious had posted to this thread, I opened it in excitement only to see that I had posted and then vanished. I am so sorry! I have a crazy, chaotic life with a problem child. Please forgive me.

I don't care for green gold, personally. Obviously, that has nothing to do with you or your choice. It made me, however, look up some jewelry on Google Images to see what I would do in if I were in your position. I think I would do the bezel in 24K gold, or 22K if I were at all worried about fragility. (I don't think I would be. Not for a pendant. I wear a lot of 24K gold and a pendant is very safe.) The bail and chain would not need to be 24K, of course, but the 24K would really set off the coin. Here is an example of how 24K gold looks with silver.

Deb/AGBF

24kgoldandsilver.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the imput. We've decided against the green gold. He wants to do 14k, he thinks the 18k is too yellow. If I was wearing it I would want 18k or above but I'm not so it will be 14k. I sent the coin to DK and am excited to see what he comes up with for the bezel and bail. I've sent some photos of what we want and we'll see how he puts everything together.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting the link

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1366567337|3431699 said:
Thanks for posting the link

You're welcome. I knew if I were reading the thread on green gold that I would want to know where to look to find out what happened with the pendant in the end!

Hugs,
Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results