shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Pandora wearers out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I have just started my collection and can see how this can be an addictive new hobby.
16.gif

I just love how there are so many beads to choose from and I would love love love to see how some of you ladies put together your bracelets!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know there was a thread on this recently, did you do a search?

edit: another old(er) one... neither have very many pictures, though.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the other brand and I think they are related. Totally blanking on the name for some dumb reason, and last summer I was obsessed and I mean obsessed with them. Made three bracelets in a week. TROLL that it is phew I remembered. Anyway, I just flipped for them, they are so unique. The all gold is my next project, but the beads are hundreds each and the bracelet is nearly 1000.00. With gold what it is I am not jumping on that one, as it can add up to 4000.00 or 5000.00 very quickly. Gold and silver combos are great.

I loved the meaning behind the beads. And I think Pandora beads fit on Troll, and the two companies are owned by brothers, but the opposite is not true. That is why I went with Troll so I had even more options.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the threads Musey. It''s a shame there are not more pictures, these bracelets can be very beautiful!

DF: Yikes! I would love a solid gold one! But $5000 is waaay more than I could spend. I thought I would buy a bead a month, or something like that. NO. I started out with 3 and went back yesterday and bought 5 more!! AHHH! Heheh.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 6:24:48 PM
Author: ang3199
Thanks for the threads Musey. It''s a shame there are not more pictures, these bracelets can be very beautiful!

DF: Yikes! I would love a solid gold one! But $5000 is waaay more than I could spend. I thought I would buy a bead a month, or something like that. NO. I started out with 3 and went back yesterday and bought 5 more!! AHHH! Heheh.
Those of us who have done our bracelets have enjoyed building them. Let us know how it goes for you. We will be waiting for pics!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love my pandora bracelet! I have the necklace as well and throw a couple of charms on it when I''m not wearing my bracelet. Pics of my bracelet are on the one posted on this thread.

Have fun with building the rest of your bracelet and do post pics when you get a chance!
36.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my bracelet so far! Now that I think about it, I wish I would have gotten the 14K clasp to make the gold pieces stand out a bit more. I think I may just place two gold beads on either side of the silver clasp.

Anyway, here it is! My new obsession! Kinda sad that I get more compliments on it than on my ering :(. Maybe because everyone has seen my ering already....
41.gif

pandora1ang.JPG

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another view. Light provided by the crappy PA snow. Hehe.

pandora2ang.JPG

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very easy to get obsessed with them. I made three of them last summer. Trust me it is like crack.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2008 1:21:29 AM
Author: monarch64
Love my pandora bracelet! I have the necklace as well and throw a couple of charms on it when I''m not wearing my bracelet. Pics of my bracelet are on the one posted on this thread.

Have fun with building the rest of your bracelet and do post pics when you get a chance!
36.gif

Did you purchase the pandora necklace that is similar to the bracelet? The reason I ask is that I can sometimes feel the bracelet catch on my little arm hairs and was wondering if the necklace would get tangled in my hair.

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2008 1:21:46 AM
Author: risingsun
Date: 2/25/2008 6:24:48 PM

Those of us who have done our bracelets have enjoyed building them. Let us know how it goes for you. We will be waiting for pics!

Risingsun: Your bracelet is great! I love how many different styles people can make with all the different beads!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where in PA are you and where do you buy your beads?

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in western PA. Our jeweler just started carrying Pandora. Lorelli''s Jewelry in Indiana. He''s actually having a trunk show on April 27th.
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha, just as Diamondfan said, they are as addictive as crack!

I just treated myself to a full one! I filled up a Troll bracelet
in about 2 hours. I used Troll Glass beads and Pandora silver/gold beads.

The Pandora beads will fit on the Troll bracelet, but Troll will not fit
on a Pandora bracelet. Personally, I like the Pandora beads better than than the
Troll "metal" beads. But Troll''s glass bead selection is fantastic.

The concept of these bracelets are wonderful. I suggested to the sales clerk
she should market these are push presents! I also helped a really confused
husband put together a bracelet for his wife''s Valentine gift. It was a blast!

Now, I want one all gold ($$$) and one all glass beads!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The all gold is outrageous. I loved the harvest bead, the wisdom bead, bouquet, the lotus...I filled three bracelets with a mix of glass and sterling and it was so fun putting them together. Pandora will fit on the Troll, they are brothers who started rival companies or something. I am so addicted to them, it was really sick how much fun I had at the store looking through beads. An all gold will be thousands, the bracelet alone is nearly one thousand and the clasp is another few hundred. The all gold beads are 200.00 and up, one or two of them are 1500.00...and you need at at least ten if you want to fill a bracelet. I also love the chakra beads, they are cool. I want to see the latest beads that came out this year.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
The sales associate that helped me had on 3 Troll/Pandora bracelets and one of them was all gold.
It was gorgeous. I can fit 3 additional little spacer beads on my now full bracelet. I can''t decide between using
the gold ones or the bezel set colored stone beads. Such agony!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Bebe, Monarch, and DF. Do you guys have pictures of your bracelets? I love to see how everyone adds different beads!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not taken any but I can when I have the get together with Kaleigh...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ang3199,

I''ll give it a try, my camera has been on the fritz lately.

Does anyone have any Chamilia bracelets/beads?
They have a toggle clasp bracelet I love.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2008 12:50:18 PM

Date: 3/2/2008 1:21:29 AM
Author: monarch64

36.gif

Did you purchase the pandora necklace that is similar to the bracelet? The reason I ask is that I can sometimes feel the bracelet catch on my little arm hairs and was wondering if the necklace would get tangled in my hair.
Ang, first of all I really like your bracelet! Re. the gold clasp...you can always "request" a new bracelet with a gold snap clasp as a gift, or save up for that one instead of your current one...the great thing about these bracelets is you can have more than one (like Diamondfan!). The possibilities are sooo endless that you can create so many different looks, and that''s just one of the reasons I fell in love with them.

About the necklace getting tangled in your hair...I have the s/s necklace with lobster clasp. I didn''t feel like shelling out the monetary equivalent of a charm to upgrade the clasp when no one would see it anyway, I have long hair and the necklace is heavy enough not to "turn" on your neck (like finer chains where someone is always telling you to "make a wish" because your clasp is right next to your pendant 20 times a day). It doesn''t seem to get tangled in my hair that I recall. I would remember if it did because I''ve had watches and bracelets that do that to my arm hair as well and OUCH! that hurts!
9.gif
Just in case, I will wear my necklace tomorrow and see if it gets tangled in my hair and let you know the verdict. I''m going upstairs to put a couple charms on it right now and lay it out so I remember!
35.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ang. I''m debating whether to get a safety chain--or not. There''s room left for one, but I''m not sure about having the chain hanging down. Have fun with your bracelet. Some gold makes it pop, doesn''t it?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2008 9:36:33 PM
Bebe, Monarch, and DF. Do you guys have pictures of your bracelets? I love to see how everyone adds different beads!
Here''s a pic of mine...you can''t see every single one of the charms, sorry. P.s., I''m wearing my necklace right now and it''s not catching on my hair at all. I have one dangly flanked by my two swirly clips on it.

The great thing about clips is that they can double as charms and you can use them at the end of your bracelet to keep regular charms from spinning onto the end and getting stuck there. They also work great in pairs on the necklaces, imo. Another random thought: any charm with stones on both/all sides is a little more convenient to the wearer than a charm that only has stones on one side. Explanation--the breast cancer ribbon, the crosses with stones, etc. you have to be careful either how you spin them onto the bracelet when "installing" them or you have to be careful which way you put your bracelet on so they lay stones facing up instead of against your skin, if that makes any sense. I have the s/s BC ribbon and have had to mess with it several times so it lays correctly with stones facing up. Just food for thought.

pandora3308.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Troll bracelet with Pandora beads, Troll glass beads

TroolPandora 009.JPG

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I have a gold Pandora bracelet...got a lot of the charms on ebay though (all Pandora brand) so it ended up being only a few thousand instead of 5000. I love them though!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see it. Can you post a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results