shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcing my Rhodolite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 11:22:18 PM
Author: thing2of2
Let me add a third enabling opinion...I really like the Adwar split shank pave design you posted! It would look outstanding with the color of your rhodolite! Just don''t spend too much so you can still get that Trinity bangle!
31.gif
If you can help me find a vintage one...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a beautiful stone! Congratulations!!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! It also comes in pears, squares and ovals (as well as octagons and trilliants, which I don''t care for). I like it so much that I''d like to get in some siblings. Which of the cuts would complement what I have?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think that the center stones for all of them would be prong set- and it looks like on 2 pages the side pave stuff would be prong set and on 2 other pages it would be channel set- and there are some settings that are split shank but no pave.

It''s REALLY tough to tell from the online catalogs- when I did my bezel halo pendant we looked at the catalogs in the jewelers because the pictures are better, you can look at multiple catalogs at once etc.
FYI- the cost to set my 1ct OEC in a WG halo pendant setting w/ .25 melee was 600 I believe- So using a cast setting you should definitely be able to do this for under 1k.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Harriet!
35.gif

Personally, I would wait for the HW earrings, and set the project up for a nice setting. Leon is not a must, as he can get pricey with melee work, but you can get it custom set if you so chose. I like split shank pave on larger stones, because it adds a drama to the size and the sparkle spices it up. But the split shanks I prefer are not the cast kind, but the ones that grow from stone edge to stone edge. Flowing lines... I wish I had a better picture of the ring I am posting. The sides are what do it justice. It's a diamond ring by Verdura from the past Sotheby's sale...
30.gif

Generally, not a fan of cast settings. Too bulky and more metal than I like to see... my opinion is to get that stone set later but get it set well with micro pave work, and if necessary, shop around looking at settings. I hate rushing jewelry decision, but then again, that's me... I like my stuff to last and be classic, so it's not always easy to find right away...

But if you find a setting you like, PLEASE post!

N08306-125-lr-1.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks dtnyc and Nicrez! I should add that I''m in no hurry to set the stone (amazing right?).

Nicrez, I just called for you on my new thread.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2007 10:58:02 PM
Author: Harriet
You''re embarrassing me!
2.gif
Embarassed? Ppshaw, be flattered!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Harriet! What a beautiful stone you have!!! I love the deep color on your beautiful rhodolite! And that e-ring of yours... It is so stunning to look at!!!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that Stuller 21935L split shank you posted - that would really make the color on the rhodolite pop even more.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 1:02:38 PM
Author: kohdy
Harriet! What a beautiful stone you have!!! I love the deep color on your beautiful rhodolite! And that e-ring of yours... It is so stunning to look at!!!
30.gif
Thanks, and thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 1:10:30 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I love that Stuller 21935L split shank you posted - that would really make the color on the rhodolite pop even more.
I think it was Adwar. Do you know anything about their quality?

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:13:35 AM
Author: Nicrez
Hey Harriet!
35.gif

Personally, I would wait for the HW earrings, and set the project up for a nice setting. Leon is not a must, as he can get pricey with melee work, but you can get it custom set if you so chose. I like split shank pave on larger stones, because it adds a drama to the size and the sparkle spices it up. But the split shanks I prefer are not the cast kind, but the ones that grow from stone edge to stone edge. Flowing lines... I wish I had a better picture of the ring I am posting. The sides are what do it justice. It's a diamond ring by Verdura from the past Sotheby's sale...
30.gif

Generally, not a fan of cast settings. Too bulky and more metal than I like to see... my opinion is to get that stone set later but get it set well with micro pave work, and if necessary, shop around looking at settings. I hate rushing jewelry decision, but then again, that's me... I like my stuff to last and be classic, so it's not always easy to find right away...

But if you find a setting you like, PLEASE post!
I LOVE Verdura's works, and their current ad campaign with drawings of their old pieces, with photos of their new pieces....what 's old is new again...beautiful !

Link to Verdura

(Check out the "Bespoke" category {the heading farthest to the right} for an example, could not get a photo to show here)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where, where, where?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not do a pendant? I think it would look gorgeous as a pendant with diamonds halo'd around it.

Yeah, why did you say your ering isn't mind clean today w/Brian? Just curious. It looks beautiful.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would pear drops, a haloed pave emarald ring and an oval necklace drop be overkill?
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know? What do you think. I don''t think you should do the ring halo''d but if you are making the Rhodolite a pendant it would be gorgeous as a halo.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 9:49:48 AM
Date: 4/30/2007 11:22:18 PM

Author: thing2of2

Let me add a third enabling opinion...I really like the Adwar split shank pave design you posted! It would look outstanding with the color of your rhodolite! Just don''t spend too much so you can still get that Trinity bangle!
31.gif
If you can help me find a vintage one...

Hahaha...I''ll keep my eyes open for you!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 11:32:14 PM
Author: Skippy123
Why not do a pendant? I think it would look gorgeous as a pendant with diamonds halo''d around it.

Yeah, why did you say your ering isn''t mind clean today w/Brian? Just curious. It looks beautiful.
It''s because I have a dirty mind. Kidding -- it''s just my type A-ness.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Square Guy,
Ooh ... I''ll go take a look when I find the time. I think they have a boutique in New York now.

Thing 2 of 2,
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring Nicerz posted. I wonder who makes it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Verdura.
You''re up already? What time is it in NM?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My royal rhodolite is getting 2 pear-cut siblings. So, I''ll have a rhodolite emerald-cut ring and pear-cut drop jackets. Anything else I should add?
27.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:15:26 PM
My royal rhodolite is getting 2 pear-cut siblings. So, I''ll have a rhodolite emerald-cut ring and pear-cut drop jackets. Anything else I should add?
27.gif

I think ring w/ coordinating, but not matchy-matchy earrings will be fantastic-
I think a matching necklace might be a bit much! Think about celebs on the red carpet- it''s normally big earrings and something other than big necklace or big necklace and bracelet or ring.

Question because I have lost track- did you get or are you getting the HW earrings?
Did you consider just getting jackets that resemble the HW earrings made?
Thought I would ask since you seem to be on a jackets kick?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:21:25 PM
Author: dtnyc
I think a matching necklace might be a bit much! Think about celebs on the red carpet- it''s normally big earrings and something other than big necklace or big necklace and bracelet or ring.

Question because I have lost track- did you get or are you getting the HW earrings?
You''ll find out soon ...
27.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:30:42 PM
Date: 5/7/2007 11:21:25 PM

Author: dtnyc

You''ll find out soon ...
27.gif

I only ask because your studs are so amazing- so if I was you I would just want to maximize them and wear them 24/7!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:15:26 PM
27.gif

Ohhh how fun. That is one gorgeous and fun color stone Harriet!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
dtnyc,
I do wear my studs a lot. P.S. Hope I didn''t offend you by not answering your question. I have something up my sleeve.
2.gif

Neatfreak,
It is a beautiful stone. Should I add anything else?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 8:59:34 AM
dtnyc,
I do wear my studs a lot. P.S. Hope I didn''t offend you by not answering your question. I have something up my sleeve.
2.gif
*peeking up Harriet''s sleeve*

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heehee.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
More royal rhodolites are on their way.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results