shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW An old stone for an old girl - 4.65 antique cushion

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1338653359|3207869 said:
Honestly, for 2+ carat sizes, I really love the antique cuts over the modern. So much personality and romance!

Haven|1338668010|3207993 said:
I wear an O/P and I love, love, love it. I think you're going to find that warmer stones can be quite bewitching. (I think it was Holly who first described my stone that way, and it is so true.)

Just found this thread!

Girls,this ring is even LOVELIER in person!! :D

And I totally agree with your comments, I was struck at how the cut, and possibly the lovely colour, 'carried' the size beautifully.
Even though JG is so small, she really rocked that huge stone, no worries! :D

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YayTacori|1356080152|3337086 said:
madelise said:
Oh, this is where Madelise comes in! I had to do proportional guestimates for my coveted stone size!

A size 3.25 is 14.25 mm in diameter. 10.3mm diamond takes up 72.28% of Ginger's finger real estate.
A size 6 ring is 16.51 mm in diameter. To get the same 72.28% coverage, Sarah, you would need a 11.93 mm stone.

HTH :))
Ooh ooh! Do me! Do me! You're like a magic sorcerer!

ou made this "magic sorcerer" go dig up your old posts :lol:

72.28% of 19.41mm = 14.03 mm stone.

justginger said:
Clever! I dub thee: resident ratio mathematician. :bigsmile:

LOL, I'm only willing to do math if it involves bling. :bigsmile:

D

Deactivated member 42515

madelise said:
YayTacori|1356080152|3337086 said:
madelise said:
Oh, this is where Madelise comes in! I had to do proportional guestimates for my coveted stone size!

A size 3.25 is 14.25 mm in diameter. 10.3mm diamond takes up 72.28% of Ginger's finger real estate.
A size 6 ring is 16.51 mm in diameter. To get the same 72.28% coverage, Sarah, you would need a 11.93 mm stone.

HTH :))
Ooh ooh! Do me! Do me! You're like a magic sorcerer!

ou made this "magic sorcerer" go dig up your old posts :lol:

72.28% of 19.41mm = 14.03 mm stone.

justginger said:
Clever! I dub thee: resident ratio mathematician. :bigsmile:

LOL, I'm only willing to do math if it involves bling. :bigsmile:
Yay!!!! Haha sorry! I should have wrote down my info! Thanks sorcerer!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1356098100|3337201 said:
Honestly, for 2+ carat sizes, I really love the antique cuts over the modern. So much personality and romance!

I wear an O/P and I love, love, love it. I think you're going to find that warmer stones can be quite bewitching. (I think it was Holly who first described my stone that way, and it is so true.)

Just found this thread!

And I totally agree with your comments, I was struck at how the cut, and possibly the lovely colour, 'carried' the size beautifully.

One of JG's hand shots reminds me of an advertisement that used to show up every day or so on page two or three of, "The New York Times". It was visible as soon as one opened the newspaper. I believe it was for "Graff". It showed an elegant woman's hand with an enormous diamond giving incredible finger coverage. The cut was rectangular, not a round brilliant or a Princess cut. I shouldn't admit it here, but I don't recall what cut it was! I will see if I can find the photo. JustGinger's ring is every bit as gorgeous as the one being advertised...for some huge sum! What a wonderful stone and ring!

Deb
:wavey:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1359341661|3365194 said:

Just found this thread!

One of JG's hand shots reminds me of an advertisement that used to show up every day or so on page two or three of, "The New York Times". It was visible as soon as one opened the newspaper. I believe it was for "Graff". It showed an elegant woman's hand with an enormous diamond giving incredible finger coverage. The cut was rectangular, not a round brilliant or a Princess cut. I shouldn't admit it here, but I don't recall what cut it was! I will see if I can find the photo. JustGinger's ring is every bit as gorgeous as the one being advertised...for some huge sum! What a wonderful stone and ring!

Deb
:wavey:

Having one's photo remind you of a Graff advertisement is very flattering indeed! 8) I'd love to see it if you can find it, Deb, if nothing else but to answer the question of what cut it was. I am guessing a cushion, as a radiant would perhaps be memorable (all that crushed ice going on).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1359374999|3365360 said:
AGBF|1359341661|3365194 said:

Just found this thread!

Having one's photo remind you of a Graff advertisement is very flattering indeed! 8) I'd love to see it if you can find it, Deb, if nothing else but to answer the question of what cut it was. I am guessing a cushion, as a radiant would perhaps be memorable (all that crushed ice going on).

justginger, I did look for it yesterday, to no avail. I believe it must have been a cushion...because it so closely resembled your lovely stone!!! Now that I know that you are interested in seeing the photo, I will look again tomorrow when I have another chance. (It is late evening-actually night time-in the US right now.) I think that like another poster,I may now covet your ring most of all the rings on Pricescope! That is because I must confess that that Graff ad I mentioned really changed my way of looking at diamond rings. And your ring is-at least in my memory- the spitting image of the Graff ring!

Hugs,
Deb
:saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results