Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Taylor

• Paris

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I figure if anyone's interested we could do a live blog tonight.
(sorry I missed last week - but so thankful I could watch the performances on the AI website - so I didn't miss a thing)

So without watching tonight's episode (drumroll please)

Who is leaving American Idol tomorrow?

eta: I suppose since I let the poll run through Thursday, we can vote all the way up until cast-off time
28.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i totally sing the 'cuz you had a bad day' song when they play it on wed nights...it's just so funny that they use that song EVERY WEEK...

anyway i think that everyone has the possibility to do a great love song EXCEPT taylor. now it has nothing to do with how much i like or dislike him but just that i don't know that his 'style' translates well to a crooning love song. i would maybe choose paris as another bad day option. kellie, elliott, katherine, chris i think all have the voices and the soulful eyes and the looks to carry off songs IF they choose them correctly for their voice and style.

we'll see!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I voted for Paris. I wonder if she is just too young to pull it off. I think Taylor could pull it off w/ the right song & NO SPASTIC TICK DANCING!

My next could "have a bad day" is Kellie, especially if she acts like a little mink.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I love that spastic dancing! Heheehee

I picked Paris - but methinks I should have gone with Kellie. I cannot stand her anymore. Although cute at first, the naive act is getting annoying. And I do not think she''s as good as Chris, Taylor or Katherine.

I think Paris or sadly, Elliot will be next to go.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO....NO....Elliott will not GO!!!

I am going to vote 10000 times this week for him..who else is with me?!?!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 4:17:18 PM
Author: Mara

I''ll vote 10001 times and THEN I''ll give the phone number to Ebree!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 4:21:22 PM
Author: Starset

I''ll vote 10001 times and THEN I''ll give the phone number to Ebree!
Me too! But, I''m gonna try to vote for Chris also! Don''t want him in the bottom two again!

This town has Elliott fever. The local Cingular store is holding a "vote for elliott night". You can stop buy and vote. Cingular people have been able to get through.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha what a cute idea F&I.

i''m voting for chris too actually after last week''s scare. elliott and chris. i think alot of people will vote for chris this week as well.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for Paris. She''s done love songs before and she didn''t do well with them. I''m looking forward to seeing the idols with andrea bocelli!!!!!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I know that Paris, Chris and Ace were in the bottom three last week but I don't think Chris had the second lowest number of votes. All Ryan said was, I'll make this easy for one of you - Paris you are safe. I don't necessarily think that means Paris didn't have the second lowest number of votes. Just wanted to throw that theory out there.

What I cannot believe is Kellie
29.gif
was so far ahead of the music and was just genuinely BAD,
14.gif
I mean really bad!
32.gif
Like I was embarrassed for her BAD
38.gif
and was shocked she didn't start crying
39.gif
before she was done singing BAD.
8.gif
And she wasn't in the bottom three ?!?!?!?
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

can you tell I feel strongly about this?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 4:58:26 PM
Author: Starset
I know that Paris, Chris and Ace were in the bottom three last week but I don''t think Chris had the second lowest number of votes. All Ryan said was, I''ll make this easy for one of you - Paris you are safe. I don''t necessarily think that means Paris didn''t have the second lowest number of votes. Just wanted to throw that theory out there.

What I cannot believe is Kellie
29.gif
was so far ahead of the music and was just genuinely BAD,
14.gif
I mean really bad!
32.gif
Like I was embarrassed for her BAD
38.gif
and was shocked she didn''t start crying
39.gif
before she was done singing BAD.
8.gif
And she wasn''t in the bottom three ?!?!?!?
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

can you tell I feel strongly about this?
I don''t know. Our paper said Chris was in the bottom two. Maybe just an assumption though.

I think Kellie warmed (manipulated
2.gif
) her fan base by straight up admitting she "butchered" the song.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ... TAYLOR VOTER ... I will find you! And I will deeply dislike you for TWENTY MINUTES! And then we''ll eat pie.
3.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock

I hope he doesn''t go!! I love his story, voice and kindness. He''s not like other ''popstars''. He''s so darn sweet.

But, hopefully the rest of America will notice that too.

Ugh, if Kellie wins - I shall not watch AI again! ;-)

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli got a vote for the worst and sympathy votes and then her ''fanbase" probably overcompensated b/c she sucked so bad.

I VOTE KELLI.

I love taylor, too, whether you like me for it or not! Tick dancing and all!!! But I think he may have issues with love songs.

Anyway, shouldn''t America be voting on performances by now? Kelli deserved to go more than (choke I cannot believe I am saying this) Ace last week! But I''m over that b/c I hated him. Everyone left has undeniable talent, whether I like ''em or not.

As long as Chris wins
2.gif

jen

he''s "haaaaaaahhht"

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ... did ya hear that there will be TWO PHONE NUMBERS (lines) for each contestant tonight. I think they're trying to stop DialIdol from guessing the results with their special "busy signal" system.

NC Elliott lovers ... you might finally get through!!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 5:16:07 PM
Author: KittenKat

Ugh, if Kellie wins - I shall not watch AI again! ;-)

as she says standing atop a hill, shaking her fist
They''re not going to lick me. I''m going to live through this, and when it''s all over I''ll never watch AI again. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill....

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I have faith that Pais will pull it off tonight, so I am disagreeing with this poll...I hate to say it, but I think Elliott may struggle tonight...Katharine, chris and Taylor will be fine...maybe Kellie will struggle a bit, too...

dballing

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 6:05:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hey ... did ya hear that there will be TWO PHONE NUMBERS (lines) for each contestant tonight. I think they''re trying to stop DialIdol from guessing the results with their special ''busy signal'' system.

They did the two phone numbers thing last year. As the number of contestants whittles down (and they are down to 6, which is the first point at which they can give each person one of the 12 #s that they have) the busy-signal rate goes up, so they have to do this.

It won''t affect dial-idol at all, because it will simply add the results of both numbers for each singer together.

No conspiracy here, and it wouldn''t help even if there was one. :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 6:20:47 PM
Author: decosbeau
Date: 4/25/2006 6:05:33 PM
No conspiracy here, and it wouldn''t help even if there was one. :)

HOT STUFF HOT STUFF HOT STUFF
35.gif
31.gif
(dat''s my Sweetie
2.gif
)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Devil''s Advocate regarding Kellie....................

This is called "American Idol". It''s not called "America''s Best Singer". Personally, I don''t think Britney Spears, et al, can sing. Her voice grates. But, doesn''t stop her from being a Pop Idol.

And, I wouldn''t mind seeing someone from NC win be it Chris or Kellie. I think Kellie has been dragged through the mud a bit - putting all those "tales" on the internet. And, honestly - I simply can not understand why anyone would think she could get away with that Prom dress.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi decosbeau
35.gif

We adore your FI, she cracks us up!!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
decosbeau....here''s the REAL question.

do you like lemon or kiwi pie?

answer carefully.
11.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 6:25:19 PM
Author: fire&ice
Devil''s Advocate regarding Kellie....................

This is called ''American Idol''. It''s not called ''America''s Best Singer''. Personally, I don''t think Britney Spears, et al, can sing. Her voice grates. But, doesn''t stop her from being a Pop Idol.

And, I wouldn''t mind seeing someone from NC win be it Chris or Kellie. I think Kellie has been dragged through the mud a bit - putting all those ''tales'' on the internet. And, honestly - I simply can not understand why anyone would think she could get away with that Prom dress.

I agree with this and I love Kellie. I really think that some people shouldn''t even have made it this far (I mean before the public started voting) because they are just not marketable, they don''t have the total package to be an idol. Look what has happened with the other idols, besides Carrie (I think it;s a little soon to tell what''s going to happen with her) Kelly Clarkson is the only one you hear and and she is HUGE. She''s no Britney Spears (she''s a better singer and less of a babe) but she is more marketable that anyone else who has won.

I just wonder if anyone else feel this way, because it isn''t "America''s Best Singer" it;s America trying to make a pop star, does anyone else think that marketability should be taken into account??

Remember the Spice Girls, they couldn''t sing a note but they were a marketing dream...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha i loved the spice girls. SHAKE IT TO THE LEFT!!!

Carrie is apparently doing quite well with her album in Country I think? Top 10 or something?

And I guess Bo Bice had a Top 10 single last year? I didn't even know about that, not sure which chart.

Marketability has a huge amount to do with it. The tough thing for me with AI is that they don't write their own stuff or get creative at all. I loved how on Rockstar INXS they had to write their own songs. That really gave you an idea of if you could get behind their style of music or sing along or even if the tune stayed in your head aka was it catchy. I was singing that stupid 'me in a tree' song by Marty for weeks. I didn't even like it and yet it stuck in my head.

I didn't like Kelly at all for the first few years and only in the last year have I liked her stuff. I think with experience also she has become much better at gauging her own market and expanding it.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
As long as Taylor, Elliott, and Katherine don''t get kicked off, i don''t care. My least favorite are probably Chris, Kellie, and Paris, so i hope it''s one of them. Secretly i am rooting for Chris to go, because i really don''t get the appeal of him. I am afraid he is going to win, and i will be sad
32.gif

GO TAYLOR, ELLIOT, and KATHERINE!
36.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Remember the Spice Girls, they couldn''t sing a note but they were a marketing dream...

I took my niece to see them in Seattle, and amazingly they were very entertaining performers! The only one whose voice really stood out was "Sporty" spice! We then moved on to Blink 182 and I had to cover her ears during the swearword song! OIh...the joys of being the cool Aunty!

Back to AI! Paris can sing, but she doesn''t ever make me connect to the song she''s singing! She''s better than Kellie, but she doesn''t have the same personality so I think she''ll go home first!

I like the boys the most, Chris, Taylor, and Elliott...then Katherine, Paris, and Kellie.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
I think Kellie should go, she should have gone last week. I think Paris did very well last week and hope she stays longer. I think Chris is quite good, and also think Taylor is quite good as long as he stops trying to be like Stevie Wonder...lol
31.gif
Plus, I can see Elliott going to the end hopefully!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Don;t like Elliot... Hate the Yodel...
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Kellie goes..... I like Elliott a lot!! If he goes, I''ll be very sad
39.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
Did Katherine tear her dress? Anyone else see that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results