shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only one

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listening to Christmas music already? Lol.

How about you? What are you doing that might seem “off” season or different right now?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't started listening yet but soon will! Once summer and Indian summer have passed, I am ready for the holidays - lol! I hate cold weather and so I try to jump to something else that I love. After the new year, time just drags until spring!

Enjoy your music - looking forward to something is far better than being sad about dreary, colder weather!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to see I'm in good company!!!

About a month ago I bought a GIANT roll of paper (gold embossed with a lovely little pattern) to use for my Etsy store and as soon as it arrived and I took it out of the box to look it over I was "in the holiday spirit"! TR came home to find 820 square feet of wrapping paper and a few "test presents" on the dining room table and me singing along with Michael Buble, prosecco in hand. It was 90 degrees outside. He didn't even bat an eye, LOL.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Last year, I put our Christmas tree up the day after Halloween. I will probably do the same this year. :mrgreen2: I know some people like to put them up after (American) Thanksgiving but as I'm Canadian, we've already had ours.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha!
Am I the only one who dislikes holiday music?
After many years of working retail, and hearing it 8 hours a day, it now makes me crazy:lol:o_O:P2

But I love that you love it, @missy !

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I can and will listen to Christmas music all year long, and I WILL NOT apologize for it! My current favorite albums are Meghan Trainor's A Very Trainor Christmas, and the perennial classic Andy Williams' The Classic Christmas Album.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hilarious! On my iPOD with my bose sound dock from 14 years ago, Yep that's what I use I've been hearing Christmas music and usually I skip it or listen to it begrudgingly but yesterday it was on and I was like yay it's Christmas! Thought I was wierd and now I realize I am in the good company of Missy and many others!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Noooo! I do like to shop and wrap gifts ahead of time. But otherwise, I limit the music, decorations, Christmassy apparel and so on to about one week only. That keeps it on a high note though I still get overwhelmed with it all around for many weeks outside of my home. Honestly, to me it gets sickening. It's just way too much!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not yet...although I do love it. Christmas decorations already in the stores at the mall.......

cheers--Sharon

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No Missy it raises my Xmas stress levels. I’ve told my husband beginning of December but it will probably be mid November. I am only a couple of presents away from being done for Xmas after purchasing a couple of pairs of earrings for my Mum and Nan today. Once everything is wrapped (aiming to do that soon) I will relax and fingers crossed might enjoy it this year?! I used to be such an Xmas person but years of pressure/hosting/not enough time you get the idea have eroded my Xmas spirit. Fingers crossed it returns this year.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Haha. Last year I put up the Christmas decorations on November 1st.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

How about you? What are you doing that might seem “off” season or different right now?
your so funny
enjoy !
this last covid lockdown people were encouraged to put up xmas decorations to cheer the place up

Its labour weekend here so the shops will have the Christmas decorations up smart on Tuesday when they take the sale banners down
the post office and some book stores will have been in Christmas mode for at least a month now

me ?- i do not do Christmas music
my personal worst one is that figgy pudding one and also the 12 maids are vaulting or something (or what ever all that 'stuff' is doing :lol-2:)

also as our Aussie neighbours will agree, Christmas is summer here, no snow and the only fire is the bbq
its hot at Christmas, even if one is having a cold Christmas lunch the kitchen is still boiling

i am possibly one of the few Bruce Springsteen fans with no desire to hear Santa clause is comming to town in October

i think im like @stracci2000 and working it retail killed it for me
we are tired and stressed long before closing on 24th dec and these days most of us have to come back on boxing day

anyway in the spirit of dear @missy 's thread, and not for the first time, i give you Christmas in NZ featuring an odd assortment of local personalities, actors and entertainers

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
here you go Missy
The Wish
about Christmas and Bruce's mom, (who saddly has altzimers) becsuse even though they couldn't afford it she found a way for young Bruce to get a guitar
this has never had an offical album release except on an out take collection but he plays it very occasionally
be thankful i did not post the unreleased song - pilgrim in the temple of love (although i quite like it) as it opens with santa getting a PJ in the parking lot of a strip club

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think im like @stracci2000 and working it retail killed it for me
we are tired and stressed long before closing on 24th dec and these days most of us have to come back on boxing day

Its true. You hear it all day at work. And people are going crazy with the shopping. Working in a busy store in December is the worst. Customers are cranky and everyone looks like a deer in the headlights!
Then you go home and it's on every single TV and radio commercial. Thank goodness for the mute button.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its true. You hear it all day at work. And people are going crazy with the shopping. Working in a busy store in December is the worst. Customers are cranky and everyone looks like a deer in the headlights!
Then you go home and it's on every single TV and radio commercial. Thank goodness for the mute button.

you hit the nail on the head and its going to be even harder for shop workers this year with some goods hard to come by with this stupid pandemic
remembering in a normal year most customers dont even bother wishing us a Merry Christmas

im hoping in my present employment people will happily come and buy their christmas fruit mince pies or what ever we bake for Christmas- old fashions fruit cake sells all year round here

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I always laugh at the back to school ads that play "its the most wonderful time of the year" LOL. That is one of my Christmas favs...funny for school supplies. :P2

cheers--Sharon

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
We don’t do any Christmas until 01/12 & it’s packed away before New Years Eve.
I love Christmas but they were the rules when I was growing up & I still follow them.

Hahaha know what you mean about rules. We do decorations and have the kids make their lists after Thanksgiving. But I am seriously thinking about shopping earlier this year due to all the shipping delays. Maybe after Veteran’s Day? :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The choirs I sing with have started to practice Christmasy songs this week.

I am currently camping in my van, and it is the last planned trip. The season usually ends at the end of September for tenters, prolonged this year due to Covid-19 to make up for lost times, bookings are up for the half term school holidays in UK.

Although I can camp in winter in my van, it is dependent on good weather, as in dry and not too windy.

I have provisionally booked for the days between the Bank Holidays of Christmas and New Year, I shan't go if the weather is foul as the dog and I do not like being out and about when it is raining.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Christmas music but won’t start listening until the day after thanksgiving And stop listening Dec 26. However, we do make an exception for choral, classical, and medieval Xmas music which we listen to year round. (Won’t decorate until after thanksgiving either.) Love the variety of music -we have probably 100 albums and cds from Bach to Bing, country to creole, Motown to the Morgan Tabernacle Choir, and singers and groups from the 1950s through the 1990s. Kings College to The King, Elvis, etc. (Girls have Taylor Swift’s Christmas album which SUCKS! ) Some cds were mystery one buck cds bought on clearance which are a real hoot. My BFF and I listened to these as we wrapped hundreds of presents all Christmas Eve nights drinking bourbon highballs laughing at the really bad ones..which now are our faves. Love Christmas music.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha know what you mean about rules. We do decorations and have the kids make their lists after Thanksgiving. But I am seriously thinking about shopping earlier this year due to all the shipping delays. Maybe after Veteran’s Day? :lol:

I’m going to start shopping this week… if I can work out what to get my 11 year old daughter. She got lab diamond studs last year (which she loves), this year I have no idea…

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE Christmas music but I do get tired of it quickly - the Christmas season I spent working retail probably has something to do with that. I don’t usually start playing it at home until well into December, and then to compensate I continue playing it into January!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The choirs I sing with have started to practice Christmasy songs this week.

I am currently camping in my van, and it is the last planned trip. The season usually ends at the end of September for tenters, prolonged this year due to Covid-19 to make up for lost times, bookings are up for the half term school holidays in UK.

Although I can camp in winter in my van, it is dependent on good weather, as in dry and not too windy.

I have provisionally booked for the days between the Bank Holidays of Christmas and New Year, I shan't go if the weather is foul as the dog and I do not like being out and about when it is raining.

DK :))

i must say at Christmas i enjoyed the choir singing in the Wellington railway station
it has beautiful acoustics

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Christmas music but I do get tired of it quickly - the Christmas season I spent working retail probably has something to do with that. I don’t usually start playing it at home until well into December, and then to compensate I continue playing it into January!

i see lots of young ladies about her age in my town with pearl studs ....
....just for a change from the diamonds ?

edit. i live in a provincial town and pearls tend to be popular on rural woman of all ages

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are planning to put up our Christmas tree next Sunday. We usually put it up on December 1st, on the same day my kids have their annual cleanout of toys to donate. But this year has been full of so much disappointment and many missed occasions and opportunities, so we decided a while ago to decorate for Christmas on November 1st, so Christmas lasts a bit longer (well, that was the plan, until we realised it's a Monday, so October 31st it is). And of course, whilst decorating, we always have the Christmas carols on!

So, soon @missy, soon! :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am going to confess I listen to Christmas music all year round. 8)

The tree is another story. Last year we didn't put it up until Christmas Eve lol.
And we didn't take it down til March. :lol:
After the cats had fully destroyed it.
Greg is still working on putting it back together. Our poor tree.

We like to march to the beat of our own drummer if you kwim.
We do it our way. :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am going to confess I listen to Christmas music all year round. 8)

The tree is another story. Last year we didn't put it up until Christmas Eve lol.
And we didn't take it down til March. :lol:
After the cats had fully destroyed it.
Greg is still working on putting it back together. Our poor tree.

We like to march to the beat of our own drummer if you kwim.
We do it our way. :)

I'm hearing you on the cat front! This was our tree in 2019 after we went out for dinner and left our poor tree undefended :lol-2: 20191201_095053.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results