shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahem. My Amelia Stone. Unheated Padparadscha from Richard Wise, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 3:28:36 PM
Author: litebrite
That''ll be really nice - is Leon doing this? What is the profile going to be - are you going for trellis, cathedral, etc?
I have no idea. I''m really just letting him do whatever he wants, as I am not too fussed (nor do I have any ideas that he has to execute.)

Cheers,
Mina

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the realistic size picture. It looks so feminine and delicate; very classy and definitely worthy of a heirloom piece. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to inherit that ring.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it, TGal. I think it looks like it will be very classy and delicate, and it will suit the stone nicely!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I already love what I see from your recent photos, so I am sure Leon''s finished piece is going to be fantastic!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 4:02:43 PM
Author: Chrono
Thanks for the realistic size picture. It looks so feminine and delicate; very classy and definitely worthy of a heirloom piece. I can''t imagine anyone not wanting to inherit that ring.
Ditto.

The proportions look perfect, but then, this does not surprise me in the least. It''s going to look great T!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal,
I think the window will close up a bit once set. It''s going to be a lovely ring when completed. The only problem is that this project is taking so long!! I guess the old adage, "it''s worth the wait" certainly holds true here. Can''t wait to see the finished piece!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think the proportions look perfect. It''s going to be beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love it. It is going to be perfect!
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It''s going to be a beautiful classic ring!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Looks amazing TG. Very special. As others have said it will be a real heirloom piece.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
O M G Tgal!
23.gif
30.gif

Heirloom in the making without a doubt!
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
TG, those stones are lovely. It''s going to make a gorgeous ring.

I wish it was mine!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I am so jealous. It''s going to be perfect!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for chiming in! I think I am going to like it. I got the work order today and saw that Leon noted to set it as low as possible, which is perfect. I think it''s going to be a great, wearable ring that will go with everything - casual and dressy.

Leon had to get regular baguettes and custom cut them into the bullets since they are so darn small. But even with that extra cost, this project is very very reasonable.

TL, it''s only taking so long because I was lazy and just couldn''t get my butt into gear. I was actually surprised that Leon was so quick about sourcing the stones, especially since they''d be tough since there were going to be "so small." Hehehe. Gotta love the perspective of a man who deals with honkers all the time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there you have it; proof that Leon has no problems dealing with “small” stones. I''ve heard so many concerns that Leon won''t take a person''s project because the stone might be too small and not worth his time.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 12:22:00 PM
And there you have it; proof that Leon has no problems dealing with “small” stones. I''ve heard so many concerns that Leon won''t take a person''s project because the stone might be too small and not worth his time.
Yes, that was never even a question. I think the settings are going to be in the same ballpark pricewise (figuring it''s the same style) no matter what the size of the stone, so why would he care?

But people have to be prepared to hear their stone be called "small."
3.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
looks great Tgal!!! Can''t wait to see it on your finger!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choices - can''t wait to see the whole ring :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh TGal!!!!!!

It''s going to be just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can''t wait to see the completed ring!!!!!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be a hella gorgeous ring!
3.gif

-A

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT''s the missing link. I was thinking something was different than I remembered ... custom-cut BULLETS ... that''s it.

Love the proportions. Whheeeeeeeeeee!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 12:22:00 PM

Yes chrono this is true. Leon gave me a quot to do a custom ring project, using my .79 diamond. He has no problem, whatsoever using smaller diamonds. My small diamond would have been the center stone too.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It''s going to be gorgeous T-GAR!
I adore the color of your sapphire.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Tgal..... hope you don''t mind me reviving your thread a few days late
9.gif
But Leon''s ideas for your ring are going to be perfect!! The proportions are wonderful. You better be finally getting excited
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, I love it! It''s going to be so breathtaking when it''s done!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The scale is going to be perfect, that is going to be one beautiful ring.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Tgal, any update from Leon? I hope the project is coming along and that you''re feeling great about it!

Mrs

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I can not WAIT to see it!!

That is also my fave setting style. Dream setting actually. Too bad my diamond is an RB. After my next and final upgrade I will be getting a "forever" setting, but I don''t think that style would look good with an RB
15.gif
Poop.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 11:56:48 AM
Author: Mrs
Tgal, any update from Leon? I hope the project is coming along and that you''re feeling great about it!

Mrs
Thanks all!

Mrs, I''m a loser. I just sent the check off yesterday, so he''ll get it sometime next week. Then the leadtime is 6 weeks from then, if I''m lucky.

I''m not fussed by it all, and it''ll be done when it''s done, I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results