shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahem. My Amelia Stone. Unheated Padparadscha from Richard Wise, take two!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:23:29 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 8/5/2009 1:01:06 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Haha, you guys smell FRESH, so no worries.

I am just as human as the next person so my opinions can be colored by offline gossip. I just prefer a more unadulterated pricescope experience where my opinions of posters are pretty much based soley on what they post here and not offline shenanigans, if that makes sense.
It sounds very personal and well thought out.

I have found that for me (and this is personal) I''ve just been so amazed by all the PSer''s I''ve met because every one of them is even nicer, more sincere, and more... well MORE in person. Honestly. I tend to be pretty un-sociable in ''real life'' because it''s so hard to connect with people and when you do a lot of times they betray or disappoint you- - and you can''t go back to being acquiantances easily once you''ve tried to form a friendship. But well, with GTG''s there is a large crowd of women, the topics are usually what you''d expect (this person''s ring, or that person''s project... or OMG she was such a beautiful bride! Or I can''t believe you didn''t see that thread), and well... you just have FUN and build on something you''ve already startecd. I don''t know if that makes sense... but you''ve already formed an impression of each other, and since it''s online most people are pretty frank and free... so when you meet, it''s just understood that you are acquintances (or friends) and are just getting to know one another better without any expectation that you can''t go back to just being online acquintances, but with the possiblity of forming deeper friendships if you want to. So I guess that''s my long winded way of saying... what keeps you away, is exactly what keeps me coming back for more. Neither is right or wrong. It just is.

If you ever decide you want to meet and greet, big crowd or small one on one... it''s an open invitation, that''s all I''m saying.
I can imagine a lot of PSers are more amazing in real life. I also think it''s great that you go and meet them and obviously GTGs spur some great friendships.

I just think inevitably it turns into how this person bugs or can you believe what that person said and that''s what I''m not interested in. I don''t care for alliances and prefer to be the lone ranger, hehehe.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even online that happens if unmoderated. Fortunately, the GTG's aren't frequent enough for that kind of devolving (except for maybe some stray one off comments about the truly obnoxious.... hypothetically
3.gif
) and the Nor Cal ladies really do just want to have a fun ladies day out, so talking about positive things, instead of dwelling on any negatives is what happens-- unless it's a personal negative thing that's happened to someone, then of course support, assistance or help is offered. But then... that happens on line too.

It's not for eveyone, and many come once or twice and then we just see them online... no apologies, or explanations expected or given.

Though I think we are all worried about Widget and miss her. Just because she was such a supporter and did seem to enjoy them, and we of course enjoyed her so much too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:58:55 AM
Even online that happens if unmoderated. Fortunately, the GTG''s aren''t frequent enough for that kind of devolving (except for maybe some stray one off comments about the truly obnoxious.... hypothetically
3.gif
) and the Nor Cal ladies really do just want to have a fun ladies day out, so talking about positive things, instead of dwelling on any negatives is what happens-- unless it''s a personal negative thing that''s happened to someone, then of course support, assistance or help is offered. But then... that happens on line too.

It''s not for eveyone, and many come once or twice and then we just see them online... no apologies, or explanations expected or given.

Though I think we are all worried about Widget and miss her. Just because she was such a supporter and did seem to enjoy them, and we of course enjoyed her so much too.
Yup, which is why I like PS. A nice, WELL moderated forum where I can keep my head in the sand.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 2:05:00 AM

Even online that happens if unmoderated. Fortunately, the GTG's aren't frequent enough for that kind of devolving (except for maybe some stray one off comments about the truly obnoxious.... hypothetically
3.gif
) and the Nor Cal ladies really do just want to have a fun ladies day out, so talking about positive things, instead of dwelling on any negatives is what happens-- unless it's a personal negative thing that's happened to someone, then of course support, assistance or help is offered. But then... that happens on line too.

It's not for eveyone, and many come once or twice and then we just see them online... no apologies, or explanations expected or given.

Yup, which is why I like PS. A nice, WELL moderated forum where I can keep my head in the sand.
9.gif
21.gif
To each his own. But online... I agree 100%. I've discovered that unless it is for a specfic support inquiry that unmoderated groups are not my thing. Specifically because of the concerns you raised about alliances and degenerative atmospheres. Which makes me sad, but lesson learned. But well... I'm not standing in a glass house, so I'm not going to throw stones.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 2:11:47 AM

Even online that happens if unmoderated. Fortunately, the GTG''s aren''t frequent enough for that kind of devolving (except for maybe some stray one off comments about the truly obnoxious.... hypothetically
3.gif
) and the Nor Cal ladies really do just want to have a fun ladies day out, so talking about positive things, instead of dwelling on any negatives is what happens-- unless it''s a personal negative thing that''s happened to someone, then of course support, assistance or help is offered. But then... that happens on line too.

It''s not for eveyone, and many come once or twice and then we just see them online... no apologies, or explanations expected or given.

9.gif
21.gif
To each his own. But online... I agree 100%. I''ve discovered that unless it is for a specfic support inquiry that unmoderated groups are not my thing. Specifically because of the concerns you raised about alliances and degenerative atmospheres. Which makes me sad, but lesson learned. But well... I''m not standing in a glass house, so I''m not going to throw stones.
Yes, I agree - and there''s something for everyone here. I just like to know any snark from me, is bonafide snark from ME and me ONLY.
11.gif

Go hit the sack, pumpkin.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know me well. It's just so hard to leave Lulu at nights. At least tonight it's not complicated by nagging contract provisions. I want to keep her so much though.

Ahh well, unless you are a fairy godmother and can turn the two stepsisters into busom buddies by waving a magic wand, I can't keep her... and I need to go to bed.

Night T-gal.

(That should have been "I'm standing in a glass house, so I'm not going to throw stones." BTW).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did speak to Leon this morning and he confirmed that he likes the shape of the stone and thinks it will be the perfect 5 stone (so I didn''t get any comments about too squatty!) He said it will take awhile to find the right side stones because they will be quite small. I think the ring will turn out pretty delicate actually and as much as I''d love a 5 stone honker, this ring ain''t going to be it. I do think it''s going to be inherently wearable.

It was a short conversation actually. I just told him to try whatever he thought looked best and to keep me posted. Oh, and to make sure those prongs were pointy!
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 1:28:14 PM
Did speak to Leon this morning and he confirmed that he likes the shape of the stone and thinks it will be the perfect 5 stone (so I didn''t get any comments about too squatty!) He said it will take awhile to find the right side stones because they will be quite small. I think the ring will turn out pretty delicate actually and as much as I''d love a 5 stone honker, this ring ain''t going to be it. I do think it''s going to be inherently wearable.

It was a short conversation actually. I just told him to try whatever he thought looked best and to keep me posted. Oh, and to make sure those prongs were pointy!
18.gif

Your ring will be out of this world T-Gal. I do hope you won''t have to wait too long, until he finds the right stones. Once you receive it, I bet you will sit and stare at it allllll day.
9.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 2:11:47 AM

3.gif

9.gif
21.gif
To each his own. But online... I agree 100%. I''ve discovered that unless it is for a specfic support inquiry that unmoderated groups are not my thing. Specifically because of the concerns you raised about alliances and degenerative atmospheres. Which makes me sad, but lesson learned. But well... I''m not standing in a glass house, so I''m not going to throw stones.
I just have two things to say (because there''s always two things!)

1) Gypsy, I wish you lived where I do or vice versa
2) TGal, come on spill, you''re really someone famous trying to stay incognito aren''t you????
emwink.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey, mum''s the word.
9.gif

(I''m famous in my own mind.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-gal, I know it''s going to be stunning and well worth the wait and the expense!

Gailey... DITTO.
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 4:32:19 PM
T-gal, I know it''s going to be stunning and well worth the wait and the expense!

Gailey... DITTO.
1.gif
As they say, "out of the mouths of babes" or in this case dragons, or baby dragons - heck you know what I mean ....

....DITTO!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Tgal..... I''ll be excited for you, because it is going to be incredible! Leon has a great eye; the five stone setting is a fab idea.When it is finally on your finger, you won''t possibly be able to feel anything resembling ''meh!'' (And there are a few folks around here whom I bet would be willing to accept donations if you do
3.gif
)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s so pretty!!!!!!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK gals, I finally have some meat for you.

What do you think (I personally like it.) And yes, that is a window. Dead on, no window. Even the slightest tilt in the stone produces a window. I''m hoping that won''t be a big issue once set, but the stone IS shallow.

2755-5-st_006.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones are all G VS1, and honestly, I am SHOCKED at how reasonable it came out to be. This ring is going to fall quite a bit below budget!!
36.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
What? No one else has commented yet? Amazing! It''s going to be an heirloom piece in every sense, T-Gal! Love it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly Tgal! yay-another Leon to do a countdown on! It''s going to be fantastic!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 1:34:20 PM
Author: Selkie
What? No one else has commented yet? Amazing! It''s going to be an heirloom piece in every sense, T-Gal! Love it!
Hehe, I just posted it Selkie, so it hasn''t been up for long!

Thanks ladies. As I said I do like it but I don''t have an eye for custom so I thought I''d put it out there. The proportions are pleasing to my eye though and I like that they will be accents rather than overtaking the center of the show. When scaled down, it is all very very small, but I thiink it''s a look I''m going to like.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is more to scale. I would imagine the half moons would look narrower since they will be sloping with the curve of the ring.

2755-5-st_006a.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal-I think the proportions look perfect...it''s going to be a gorgeous ring!

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
The setting is smooth and classic, but the pad makes it unique. Perfect! I can''t wait to see the finished piece!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those stones look lovely with your pad, TGal!
1.gif

Date: 8/13/2009 1:43:03 PM
Here it is more to scale. I would imagine the half moons would look narrower since they will be sloping with the curve of the ring.
Did anyone else hold their hand up the the smaller scale pic?

Guilty.
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 2:15:10 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Those stones look lovely with your pad, TGal!
1.gif

Did anyone else hold their hand up the the smaller scale pic?

Guilty.
4.gif
Ha, yeah, I did. I think my stone is actually smaller, but I wasn''t going to be anal and try to make it an exact science. :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif
Your ring will be beautiful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions are perfect! It''s going to be gorgeous!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fabulous!!!!
30.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I am really looking forward to seeing the finished ring. It certainly looks like it will be stunning!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
That''ll be really nice - is Leon doing this? What is the profile going to be - are you going for trellis, cathedral, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results