shape
carat
color
clarity

Age difference between you and your significant other ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a friend of mine is 16 yrs younger than her husband. she''s 39, he''s 55 and their boy is only two yrs old.

julabean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2008 12:57:13 AM
Author: Haven
Date: 8/22/2008 10:41:39 PM

Author: julabean

Date: 8/22/2008 6:38:22 PM

Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 8/22/2008 2:52:19 PM

Author: julabean

DH is 11 years older than me. We met the summer I turned 19 and were married when I was 22 1/2. Sometimes the age difference can show, but we''re on pretty equal footing most of the time.
that lucky guy.
28.gif

Haha! He''d agree. He always tells me he might be the old guy at my 10 year high school reunion, but I''ll be the hot young wife at his! :)

I am going to tell my DH this line, Jula! We have my 10-year HS reunion in December, and his 20-year HS reunion in January!

Awesome! We''re still a few years away from it...DH didn''t go to his 10 year reunion, but he may make a point of going to his 20th. ;-) He won''t be the only old guy at my 10 year reunion...my best friend and MOH''s DH is only 5 weeks younger than DH. Oh, life. It''s so funny sometimes.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We have a pretty typical age difference; hubby is 14 months older than me!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 11:48:11 AM
Author: IndieJones
Hubby is 5 years younger! Heh heh heh
31.gif
same here, Indie!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
DH is 11 months older than me. And I never let him forget that he scored a hot younger chick! We met at my work.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
My boyfriend is 14 years younger than I am.
9.gif
Met him in law school.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
D is eight and a half months older than me and we met at work. But he acts 5 years younger sometimes... hehehe

I still love him though!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
FF is 7 months younger and never lets me forget it
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH is 2 years and 1 month older than I am.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
DH is 3 months older than me. We met when we were both 19, got engaged less than a year later and married 9 days before my 22 bday in 2006.
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Man I thought I had everyone beat by a long shot until Dancing Fire mentioned her friend, haha but I''ve still got the record for actual PS posters!

J is 15 years older than me (technically 14.5).
1.gif
I''m 23 and November and he''ll be 38 in November. It''s all good though - his mom puts it well - she says we fit together because he acts really young for his age and I act much older than mine. We like to say that we meet in the middle!
2.gif
We met through work and have known each other really well for quite a while. We jut got engaged last night!!
9.gif

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Hubby is 5 years older. Once, while rummaging through junk in the garage, I found him oggling at a picture of me all tarted up and trying to look older. The look on his face when I told him that I was 15 in that picture was priceless!! :D He looked so disgusted with himself! Now I like to tease him that when I was 15 and illegal, he was already an old man of 20. :D

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI is 6 months, 26 days younger. We met in college and were in the same major (of 66 people) and class year.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Don't think I've responded to this..losing track!
19.gif
FI is a little over 14 months older than me.
4.gif

ETA: I forgot to say how we met..(sorry I ETA so much) we met in college on the flight for our study abroad trip.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
DH is 3 years and 2 months older than me. We met, when I was 19 and he was 22, after he saw my picture in my Dad''s office and asked "who is that?" Mom told me about it and I went to meet him at the bowling alley where he worked with my Dad. We dated for 3 1/2 years and then broke up.

I married the Ex from "you know where" and we later divorced. DH and I got back together and married on Valentine''s Day 1998 when I was 35 and he was 38. He had never married and said he always knew I would come back.

Lori

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2008 9:15:11 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Man I thought I had everyone beat by a long shot until Dancing Fire mentioned her friend, haha but I''ve still got the record for actual PS posters!

J is 15 years older than me (technically 14.5).
1.gif
I''m 23 and November and he''ll be 38 in November. It''s all good though - his mom puts it well - she says we fit together because he acts really young for his age and I act much older than mine. We like to say that we meet in the middle!
2.gif
We met through work and have known each other really well for quite a while. We jut got engaged last night!!
9.gif
that lucky sucker
21.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I have got everyone beat on this one, even DF''s friend. My husband is 20 years older than me.
6.gif
I`m Chinese (Cantonese to be exact) and he`s Caucasian to boot!

I figure the older they are, the more diamonds I can get out of them.
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 11:59:33 AM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Okay, I have got everyone beat on this one, even DF''s friend. My husband is 20 years older than me.
6.gif

31.gif
Haha, nice!

DH is only 2 years and some change older than me, but we both act like children. We met at a party at his ex-girlfriends house...where he was living at the time.
27.gif
Hahaha that still cracks me up, she hates me SO MUCH.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 11:07:36 AM
Author: MaryAlaina
9.gif
Met him in law school.
I thought you were married..with the rings and all! You have a boyfriend too? You lucky, LUCKY gal!! Why doesn't that work for me?? 14 years younger too..WOW! (must keep my eyes open for those younger men looking for us older, more experienced women!)
emwink.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:12:51 PM
Author: beau13

9.gif
Met him in law school.
I thought you were married..with the rings and all! You have a boyfriend too? You lucky, LUCKY gal!! Why doesn''t that work for me?? 14 years younger too..WOW! (must keep my eyes open for those younger men looking for us older, more experienced women!)
emwink.gif
what''s wrong with that? beau are you jealous ?
rotflmao2.gif

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
I''m 34 & hubby 8 years older than I. You''re right Beau13, the age difference doesn''t seem so apparent since I''ve friends in late 20''s to mid 50''s.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif

31.gif
6.gif
my friend is Cantonese and her husband is Canadian. her dad was very sad when he heard about their engagement,but nothing he can do about it. he even complain to me about their engagement. he ask me...why she want to marry somebody who is 17 yrs older than her ? he has a 20 yr old son from his first marriage. he kept on shaking his head
38.gif
as he was complainning.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
3 days shy of 2 months. He was born 3 months early, so he should have been younger than me by a month. I tell him he is such an over achiever he just had to pop out early and get started with his over achieving ;-)

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:05:29 PM

9.gif
Met him in law school.
I thought you were married..with the rings and all! You have a boyfriend too? You lucky, LUCKY gal!! Why doesn''t that work for me?? 14 years younger too..WOW! (must keep my eyes open for those younger men looking for us older, more experienced women!)
emwink.gif
what''s wrong with that? beau are you jealous ?
rotflmao2.gif
YES, I am somewhat jealous..tis why I said you "lucky, lucky gal". I wish I could admit to having a "boyfriend(s)", but being married and all..I just didn''t think it would be right!
31.gif
I guess I''ll keep calling them male "aquaintences"..
emotion-16.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:30:19 PM

6.gif

31.gif
6.gif
my friend is Cantonese and her husband is Canadian. her dad was very sad when he heard about their engagement,but nothing he can do about it. he even complain to me about their engagement. he ask me...why she want to marry somebody who is 17 yrs older than her ? he has a 20 yr old son from his first marriage. he kept on shaking his head
38.gif
as he was complainning.
It was very hard for me to bring him around the family in the beginning. My oldest sister threatened to tell her boyfriend to hurt him if he even touched me.
23.gif
. LOL! Like he had any chance. Anyways, now my family loves him to pieces. He''s adjusted well into the family but he needs to try to learn the language.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif
Met him in law school.

emwink.gif

No, now divorced. Unfortunately, hubby got increasingly paranoid and insecure with me about to graduate from law school, and became more and more emotionally abusive. When he threatened physical violence, I didn''t wait for it to happen, and ended up moving out and filing for divorce earlier this year.

New boyfriend is brilliant, not at all paranoid about anything, and absolutely adorable. Plus, he doesn''t mind that I have tons of jewelry from my marriage that I still wear.
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about all that MaryAlaina...you sound much happier how..glad to hear it!
I would keep wearing all my diamonds too!
Good luck with the new relationship, younger men ARE so easy going, NON-paranoid, and not really posessive at all (ones I''ve encountered anyway)! He sounds like a keeper!!
36.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif
Met him in law school.
emwink.gif
LOL, there seemed to be an excess of them when I was dating
2.gif

I am 11 years 5 months older than my hubby. We met through an online dating site and he is the one who pursued contact, lol!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
6 months. It would have been nice to have a few years between us.. no biggie, though.

carabella

Shiny_Rock
My husband is 21 years older than me. Strange thing is, he acts much younger than me. He looks younger and most don''t think we are more than 8 - 10 years apart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results