shape
carat
color
clarity

Afghan tourmaline rough is now cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely!!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I always like seeing the before and after. Great cut.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow huge difference in color between the first and second set of photos. The color is just lovely though in that second set - beautiful stone - congrats!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
TL! It''s gorgeous and HUGE!
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cind11-Thank you, it is very sparkly.

Crasu-Glad you like it. Most rough on ebay is not really facetable, so be careful what you buy. Only a lapidary would be able to tell for sure by examining it. I did trust this one seller though that I purchased my rough from.

Rosetta-Thank you, he did a fabulous job, I agree.

MariedTiger-no reason to be jealous. You have some fabulous pieces, but thank you. You are so kind.

Chrono-I still don''t have the white balance on my camera as a perfect science yet. The digital sensor still has a lot of difficulty with green and pinks, but I''m trying to squeeze the best photos I can on my little point and shoot. Thanks.

Ma Re-Thank you, no setting picked out yet, but I want 18K yg.

Deia-No ideas, probably a halo, I''m too predicable. Thank you.

Lady Disdain-Thanks, I''m glad I had it cut too. I miss the spectacular termination, but I rather see it as a polished faceted stone.

Vigoruby-Thank you!!

LTP-You are such a sweetheart. Thank you!!

PrincessPlease- Thank you!

Oddoneout-Yes, the before and after is pretty neat. Thanks!

BEG-Thank you. That first set of photos was so completely off, I''m glad I figured out the white balance thing.

Brandy-I love huge stones, so thank you!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
TL - I
30.gif
your new beauty! What a great color and a huge stone too. Great job capturing the color!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
TL - that really turned out great, the color is great and the cut is wonderful.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s soooo yo-beautiful!! I just love the yo-cut of the stone.
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kunzite, LittleF and Mochi.

Hey Mochi!! Where have you been? I think I know, but I don't want to say! LOL!

Here's a shot on the hand to show the sparkle with more corrected white balance under my kitchen halogens. This stone sparkles more than my garnets, and it's a tourmaline!!
6.gif

TLafghansparkleonhand.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this empty setting, and it has double prongs, and it fits in there perfectly, but I''m not digging it for some reason.

TLmint_afghan_logr.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooops, double post of the same photo!!

TLsparkleonthehandafghan3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo was taken in extremely dim incandescent light with my hand under a desk. I wanted to show off the facet pattern a little. You can just make out the small table on the top of the stone if you look close enough. The table appears to be an eight sided hexagon.

TLafghan_in_logr2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Further away to show off the setting better.

TL_afghan_in_logr4.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I kind of like it in that setting! Or, I''d put it in an setting with tapered baguettes.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 1:20:42 AM
Author: IndyLady
I kind of like it in that setting! Or, I''d put it in an setting with tapered baguettes.
Me too, it doesen''t look too classic and the settting goes well with the unique cutting. But you''re the one who would have to wear it, so pick what you like.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hello TL
35.gif

I just logged in today & saw this thread of your Afghan tourmaline. OMG, I love your RL photos!
30.gif
Your gem is so sparkly & I love its bluish green color. I''m so glad Jerry made a great job on your rough & It''s my pleasure to have referred him to you. Congrats girl! Your gem rocks!
2.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 11:38:22 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thank you Kunzite, LittleF and Mochi.

Hey Mochi!! Where have you been? I think I know, but I don''t want to say! LOL!

Here''s a shot on the hand to show the sparkle with more corrected white balance under my kitchen halogens. This stone sparkles more than my garnets, and it''s a tourmaline!!
6.gif
LOL!! I know, I know..... I admit, I have been trying to stay away from PS so I''m not tempted!! Uncle Sam is wanting a chunk of my finances this year which really is interferring with my gemstone fund
7.gif
. And all that FB games, they are so addicting!!!
23.gif

Getting back to your beautiful stone, I love the latest pictures that you posted. I, too, am very impressed with how sparkly it is for a tourmaline and the color is marvolous. The setting looks very nice. What is it that you don''t care about the setting..the white gold or the style?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
you know what TL, i''m not digging that setting for your stone. i would love to see a red stone in there.

i say nay mostly because i like that stone so much, that i would mount it on its own, no diamond accents, and try and emphasize the gorgeous outline as much as possible.

just my 2 cents though!
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great looking stone
30.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy: Thank you. I would actually love it surrounded by smalll bright orange spessartites, but that''s a dream.

Blithsome: I''m glad you saw this thread. THANK YOU SO MUCH for suggesting Jerry. You have no idea how long I was looking for someone to cut this stone. It was better than my expectations

Mochi: Thank you so much, but I (and I''m sure many others) really miss your presence here. I hope you visit in between FB games. LOL!

Rosetta: I would love a red stone that large!! Thanks for your opinion.

Arcadian: Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results