shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on setting an Asscher on an eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bvt

Rough_Rock
We''ve just begun looking, prospectively.  I''m looking for setting options for a future 1.25c-ish Asscher and I have specific design elements in mind that I would love to combine into one perfect e-ring.  However, in researching this site and others, I am not convinced that it''s possible.

My ideal e-ring is the Memoire shared-prong eternity band (rounds) with matching (and flush-fitting) eternity band w-ring, but I am not fond of the thickly v-pronged head for the Asscher, nor am I fond of the height of the head (I could adjust to the height).  In fact, I adore the traditional basket setting for the Asscher, but the cathedral setting I see with most baskets is not consistent with the design of the Memoire. 

So, my questions are:
1) Is the cathedral setting a requirement for a stable basket?
2) Can a basket be set on an eternity band while preserving the flush fit of the w-ring?
3) Would this look terrible?

I don''t know if it''s possible from an engineering point of view to hybridize a basket setting with a v-prong base to accommodate an Asscher on an eternity band while keeping the w-ring flush.

I would greatly appreciate any advice and opinions you all could offer.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are basket settings with pave bands... Perhaps this is not what you mean ?

If any of these examples comes anywhere close, perhaps you could assemble the elements of design:

"Lovey" has a pave-covered asscher ring (listed here)

lovey2a.jpg

And "Yanekie" has a more typical (yeah, right
9.gif
) basket on a pave band:
(link to ring thread)

3427398%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2329%3D%3B54%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23236%3C9865%3A65ot1lsi

There are a few basket & pave rings with round stones... and the shape of the basket does not restrict the design.
Any could accomodate a square.

Icestore lists several square-on-pave band ring options among their finshed pieces, including these:

paveSquares.JPG

maddogmadden

Rough_Rock
Hey there. I just bought an asscher e-ring and wedding band. My advice is to go to a jewler you trust who can work with you. The assher I bought was set on a three sided thin pave band. He used a basket that went right on top of the band. The wedding ring is a three sided pave type band that was able to sit flush against the e-ring. Make sure that your jewler makes the e-ring in one piece, not just "molding" the basket on to the band. I really liked the way it turned out. I liked the fact that the diamond was not set too high but still had a little height. Not too sure if this helps....but.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hope this is ok to post here....this is JenWill''s coming-soon-we-hope stunner from Whiteflash. GORGEOUS!

jenwillringading.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
No problem Blue! He just said I couldn''t talk about it on pricescope until after the proposal...no mention of others talking about it!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Love those loopholes
2.gif
2.gif

bvt

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, this is very encouraging!  I''d welcome more pictures and ideas - the BF wants to do as little work as possible...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results