shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS blue/green supernova oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats on your find!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your cool new stone. I wouldn''t set it in white gold. And I would consider the pill box setting.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Is this from his last drop? Do you have the vendor photo? There were two gorgeous green/blue stones that I loved. I wanted the cheaper one :)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Stone hunter - after looking at the settings again, I am leaning towards a pillbox. I think that the LOGR just might make the ring too big and impractical for regular wear, and while I know it is the perfect look for some people, I am concerned that for me, there might be to much going on with the diamonds, yellow gold, and tourmaline. I really like understated looks.

Hoofbeats - yes it is from his last drop, but it was the more expensive stone
7.gif
. Here is the vendor photo, I had put it on the general thread about BB's new drop. Arjunajane got the other blue-green tourmaline, and I am sure she will put pics up when she gets it.

t-6241g_1198_general.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Love it, and love the first LOGR setting you showed us.

But then I would say that, wouldn''t I
emsmile.gif

Gailey e ring 01.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t believe I missed this thread. I saw it on the ACS sale page and wondered who bought it and what it looks like in person. Your assessment of the stone is in line with mine – there is some gray in the stone but in the right lighting and yellow gold setting, it can appear more blue.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Galley - Pretty setting. I am going to wait until after I move to decide, which will be at least 6 weeks. I have a big move coming up and don''t want to have stones or settings in the mail. My BF is a fan of the LOGR setting too. If I get that ring, I will have to call it the "Mochi ring" because it will look just like hers. My concern is that it might be too much to wear regularly as I am doing a lot with my hands during the day.

Chrono - That was my thought when I saw the picture. I probably picked the "grayer" of the 2 stones. But it has character, and it is actually a stone that looks better out of the box it came in. I actually have it in a try in my jewelry box so that it has that blue look when I see it. Do you think straight yellow gold would look better than yellow gold with diamonds in terms of maximizing the color?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t tell for sure due to not being able to see the stone myself. You can try it with your existing rings to see the effect. That said, I''ve found that some diamond accents more often than not helps most gemstones look better.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results