shape
carat
color
clarity

ACS blue/green supernova oval

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I got it. What do you guys think?

blutourgreen.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah. It 1.73 cts 8x6.9

blutourinbox.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
A shot next to some large windows indoors

blutournatlite.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Beautiful and gorgeous cut. I am partial to all stones blues and greens and sometimes pink.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
To get an idea of how it looks compared to my hand

blutourfaraway.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
In artificial light
3.gif

blutourspotlite.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Last one, this is in natural low light in my bedroom.

blutouraviator.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 4:51:40 PM
Author: simplysplendid
I love it! Beautiful and gorgeous cut. I am partial to all stones blues and greens and sometimes pink.

Thanks. It sounds like we are partial to the same colors.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a lovely color! And it compliments your skin tone well :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I noticed you didn''t say if you liked it - how do you feel? It''s glowy in some shots, but much more muted in others. Pretty color, just delicate.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MTG

I am thinking an LOGR setting for this one???

LOGRtoursetting.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
color looks great with your skin tone, I am partial to the more softer lighter colored gems and this one is very pretty. I like that its a bit minty almost too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 5:12:33 PM
Author: cellentani
Hmmm, I noticed you didn't say if you liked it - how do you feel? It's glowy in some shots, but much more muted in others. Pretty color, just delicate.
Cellentani,
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Ltl,
How do you feel about it?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 5:36:46 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 9/4/2009 5:12:33 PM

Author: cellentani

Hmmm, I noticed you didn't say if you liked it - how do you feel? It's glowy in some shots, but much more muted in others. Pretty color, just delicate.

Cellentani,

Ltl,

How do you feel about it?

I like it. The color is a color I have been looking for for months (it puts my aqua to shame), the cut is wonderful, and it is a very nice size.

The only thing is that there is a bit of a gray mask in certain lights. Berry said if it was heated it would probably go to a green with a bit of neon, but he felt that leaving it blue was better. The thing is, when I got my first tourmaline (the light green one that is part of my stackers), I thought I would never buy a tourmaline again because it had a gray mask. Now that it is set, I don't see the gray mask at all and it is my favorite of the three stones I set. On this stone, the gray I see decreases significantly when I take it out of the box.

When light hits it directly (even artificial light which I guess a tourmaline typically dosn't do well in), it lights up a really cool pale blue. And the overall shade is one of my favorite colors.

I didn't give my opinion because I didn't want people to feel like they had to hold back if they had something to say.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I''m glad to hear you like it. I think it would look similar to Mochi''s beautiful ACS blue/green tourmaline if you set it in that setting. Definitely yellow gold as well. I think it''s a lovely stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I LOVE IT!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It does look like my tourmaline. That is a beautiful setting. What I did was let LOGR know the measurement of the stone and I was charged a little extra for it (not sure how much because I did upgrade the diamonds).

I love my setting, it''s also very comfortable to wear.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
TL - thanks. It is a very complex stone. It really takes on different tones in different lights. I think this will be a nice tourmiline in my favorite color, and than maybe next year and can get a "neon" green one to complement it
31.gif

Mochi - thank you :). I was thinking about doing both of those things too. I think that is a 7X9 setting, so I would need to change it for the size of my stone.

ETA: Why is yellow gold a better color for this stone?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 6:29:20 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
TL - thanks. It is a very complex stone. It really takes on different tones in different lights. I think this will be a nice tourmiline in my favorite color, and than maybe next year and can get a ''neon'' green one to complement it
31.gif

Mochi - thank you :). I was thinking about doing both of those things too. I think that is a 7X9 setting, so I would need to change it for the size of my stone.

ETA: Why is yellow gold a better color for this stone?
If there is any grey in the stone, white gold tends to bring it out and it also washes out the color more.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh....my green tourmaline is set in yellow gold. I was wondering if it was the yellow gold that was muting the gray. Thanks!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Barry's supernova ovals, and I'm really digging the delicate colour of yours, LTL!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LTP - I am now a fan of the supernova oval too!!!

My camera battery just died
7.gif
, but I managed to get a couple pics with the different metal colors before it gave up on me

blutourwithgold.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully this one is clearer

blutourgold2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is one with a white metal

ETA: is is 90 degrees which is really hot for where I live and my fingers are so swollen that my rings are not fitting, probably not the best day to show off my hands for pics...but I had to show off the stone.

blutoursilver.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker, that is beautiful!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovey colour, you know Mochi has a similar colour stone in rose gold, I wonder how that''ll look with your stone.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Lovingems - thanks, if I get the camera out again, I will put it next to my rose gold band

Marriedtiger - thank you!

Here is a picture of the stone on a silver necklace - my BF says that the white metal is washing the stone out like TL said it would and saw Mochi''s ring and said that is a killer combo.

blutouronsilver.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This stone looks great in morning light - so I had to share a couple pics of that

blutouramlite2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here are some other settings I am considering

LOGRovalsplithalo.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
And a non-diamond option - the pillbox - which refused to upload :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results