shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA Princess in a Legato Solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok time to confess. I've had these images on my hard drive for a few weeks now but with all the holiday madness, just got around to modifying and posting them. There's a new stone on the block...!

NO! It's not mine!!!
3.gif
Two close friends of ours got enaged a few weeks ago...with a 1.12 I VS ACA Princess in the WF Legato Solitaire setting for princesses. It's an amazing ring, I had the pleasure of viewing the stone itself in November when my friend asked me for help, and it was so beautiful. I am not the hugest princess fan but I *love* the ACA Princesses. They are seriously so blingarific...it makes me question my love of rounds.

It was between this princess and a similarly sized round, but the princess won over my friend for his girlfriend. My friend who has the 1.60 K VS in the Ritani setting and I work together now, so we met up with our girlfriend the day after her engagement for some lunch and picture taking!! I only had a few minutes so I had to work fast, so here is what I got, unfortunately not my best and no flower shots but oh well!!

Here are some shots that I took when we were comparing the 1.12 princess to a 1.12 ACA round. It was amazing how little size difference you visually saw even though the princess technically had a much smaller diameter than the round on paper. And the bling, they were so close in sparkles..amazing!

First shot, the stone on it's own...I absolutely puffy heart this shot.

beautiful 112 princess.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
First comparison shot... the round to princess of same size.

112 princess compared to 112 round.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd comparison shot.

112 princess compared to 112 round white.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the final product!! he held onto the ring for three weeks...i swear almost daily i was like ''did you do it yet...'' !!!

princesslegatomj.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and finally he did it!!! they called me that night after drinking a bottle of dom, totally ecstatic.

pictures!

on her hand...

jdiamond a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

jdiamond b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
these totally are not my best work...but it''s all i have!! a little blurry.

jdiamond f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
again a little blurry but i LOVE the colors in this picture!!

jdiamond h.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
slightly blurry side view of the setting. this is like Lynn''s head and it''s amazing with a princess on the solitaire!! also the cathedral is slightly raised so that a wedding ring could sit flush with this ring, love that!!!

jdiamond e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love this shot...!! it''s my frankenring next to the new princess AND then our other friend''s 1.6 K VS ACA that she got engaged with last year....it made me go hmm about getting a K of my own!!

jdiamond g.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last shot...beautiful!!!

jdiamond c.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ha ha, Mara when I saw the title to this thread, I thought, oh my she has a new goodie to show us, yes!

But even though it is not yours, all I can say is wow and thanks for sharing it with us.
I am not a huge Princess fan, but that stone just might change my mind.
And, BTW, your shots are pretty darn good!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Love the first shot! Thanks for sharing and congrats to your friend!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions to your friend :)

30.gif
That princess is beautiful and I am not their biggest supporter but that one makes me go YUMMMY :)

It literally looks like it wants to explode :) love it :)

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That is one pretty diamond.

I generally don''t really like princess cuts, for myself, but this one is very, very nice.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not a Princess fan, but that is gorgeous. I love the Legato head in general. I wish WF would make more settings available with that head.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it was yours too Mara lol!

Congratulations to your friends!

The ring is beautiful! I didn''t realise that the size difference between a round and a princess would look so slight.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for sharing! I''m not the biggest fan of princess cuts too but the handshot made me go
18.gif
. Btw, why do you call your ring "frankenring" I don''t see any resemblance of frankenstein and the stone sure isn''t dead either.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A well cut Princess is worth a 1,000 words--fab choice!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fabcrab, hahah the frankenring analogy is because last year when my friend with the Ritani got engaged, her ring is so small and delicate compared to my ring (comparing settings)...that i started calling mine Frankenring in all the pictures with hers because it was like overpowering the pretty Ritani.

as with most of you gals, i am typically not a huge princess fan but this stone and any of the ACA princesses i have seen are really amazing in person. it's too bad there aren't more finely cut princesses like these out there, because i think that people's perception would change big time of them!! especially love the comparison shot that shows there isn't much visual diff regardless of diameter, when both stones are superbly cut.

and also i wanted to be sure to post this because i don't even know if i can remember seeing an ACA princess on here so it's a great reference point for anyone considering one!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the beautiful Princess. I always wanted one until I tried one on; I have short fingers so they made my fingers look even shorter. I still have a huge love for them and you friends is DYNAMITE!!!! Congrats to your friend!!!
36.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
This princess fan is stepping up here!! I''ll proudly say I LUV them.
30.gif

As always, ACA''s just take my breath away! And the Legato setting... it''s to die for.

THANKS for sharing pics! Congrats to your newly engaged friend.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! I love this stone....if my first one had looked like that, I would have never traded it in!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous ACA princess and I love the Legato setting. How nice of you to help your friend, Mara!
2.gif

I''m helping another friend of mine with his search, and that setting is almost 98% of what he was trying to describe to me! Yay! I hope you don''t mind if I send him one of your pics?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha well as you gals know, i love helping with diamond purchases hehee. it''s even more fun when they are close friends of ours.

Lauren, by all means, send your friend whatever he wants! i love this setting, i don''t think we see it enough...it''s a beautiful solitaire.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, great photos as usual and your friends PC diamond is stunning. I would not hesitate to encourage someone to buy a stone like that one.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful stone, and I just love it in the Legato setting! While I would not want a princess cut myself, I certainly do appreciate the beauty of ideal cut ones.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful, elegant ring! Congratulations to your friend.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your right...they look very close in size. I''m starting to think the princess looks kinda pretty. I know you said you''ve got to see the ACA princess in person. Is there really a difference? I mean if you compared an ACA princess and a mall round, would the ACA give you that much better sparkles? Thanks Mara.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GothGrrl...One of the reasons I am not a huge princess fan is that I have seen so many dead ones out there. It is a misconception that people think that just because it''s a square it can''t sparkle as much as a round can. Not true, just like a round it has to do with the quality of the cut. So many of the princesses I have seen previously are really not that fabulous...so much of the stone is dead or glassy. Take a look at a regular princess under an Idealscope and then something like an ACA or another branded high cut quality princess, you will probably notice a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results