shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy a ring, would like opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

almondjay

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

New to the site but have browsed through these forums many times before. I''ve been looking for a ring for a couple weeks now. I went to a Tiffany store and decided they weren''t for me. I then went to the mall and a few brick and mortar stores around my area and could not get any straight answers from the sales people + the rings didn''t look nearly as nice as those from Tiffany. After some researching I decided on Whitehall but before I buy I would like some opinions.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-714358.htm#

What do you guys think? I want to purchase their platinum 6-prong Tiffany Style setting to go with the diamond if that makes any difference.

Jerome

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Jerome,

I''m a little confused (but that''s nothing new). You''re buying from Whitehall? Whiteflash? They''re both jewelers, I think. The option you show from Whiteflash is lovely, I personally like G VS2, and I would check to see if it''s priced well, except on this board, WF sort of sets the standard, and defines that, doesn''t it. Well, actually, I did check, mostly confirmed that point....except for one unusual little devil...this one. I''d have to think thrice before blowing it off, though you might just ask them how they got so close, without making the 1 carat mark.

Regards,

almondjay

Rough_Rock
Ira,

Thanks for the reply. I made the mistake of writing whitehall when I meant whiteflash. The diamond you showed me looked pretty nice and is more than 1000 off the price of what I had. They almost had the same specs too. I might get that considering that .997 isn''t that far off of 1.018 carat. Now I have another option which I didn''t even notice in the firstplace. Maybe it was a mental block of ".9" vs "1.0" carat. I''m going to call them to see. Thanks again.

Jerome

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ira Z,

Oh I really like that diamond you posted. I LOVE the ideal scope image on it
30.gif
And the spread on both diamonds is very, very similar, for less too money too! I''d buy Ira''s stone. Gorgeous and 0.997 carats, I''ve never seen that before.

AlmondJay: Good luck on your purchase!

almondjay

Rough_Rock
Ended up purchasing the .997 carat. Talked to Jamie and she was great in reassuring that either diamond is a good choise. Big thanks goes to Ira Z. for the link. Now to figure out how I''m gonna propose...
33.gif

Jerome

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very excited for you! It looked fantastic ... and god knows I loves a bargain! Who could resist a 1K+ savings for that super comperable stunner! Pricescope & Ira do it again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. Please post pics when you get it
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Jerome,

Congratulations.

Re:

Date: 8/5/2005 2:21:28 PM
Author: almondjay
. Now to figure out how I''m gonna propose...
33.gif
This post, and this area of the site might help...

Also...just to conclude what might not be obvious...unless you''re otherwise disposed to 3 digit descriptions...you''d only be inaccurate to call it anything but one carat, doing what would be very standard rounding.

Very best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results