shape
carat
color
clarity

a YELLOW thread

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
OTL-

Minou, Chrono, and TL all have fabulous chrysoberyl. And yours is hard to come by, that yellow without much brown or gray!

Minou and Packrat, I have been looking for a yellow garnet for a long time-- I would be willing to take it off of either of your hands!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
So many gorgeous yellows! They just keep coming!

Kath - I think that ring is VERY cool! I DO think that that yellow gold looks a bit rose in the picture. Your sapphires look nice to me, though. Be sure to post pics and your impressions when you get the piece IRL. Also, let us know the vendor. It helps to know that not all "yellow gold" is exactly the same. A rose-ish version maybe what people are looking for!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Love this Gene yellow zircon-- I wish a real life photo would be posted. Rainbird, please post!! :wavey: :wavey:

12-02-12_gene_zircon_0.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
My Sunflower Stone :wink2:

sunflower_stone.png

katharath

Ideal_Rock
velouriaL|1363493416|3406906 said:
So many gorgeous yellows! They just keep coming!

Kath - I think that ring is VERY cool! I DO think that that yellow gold looks a bit rose in the picture. Your sapphires look nice to me, though. Be sure to post pics and your impressions when you get the piece IRL. Also, let us know the vendor. It helps to know that not all "yellow gold" is exactly the same. A rose-ish version maybe what people are looking for!

Thank you :). I will post some pics when I get it for sure. I like wearing very casual jewelry, so my goal is usually to find as nice a gem as I can afford, and then have it placed into a low key setting. I like all of my jewelry to be every day jewelry; pieces I can wear to the gas station and the grocery store, lol. I hate it when things sit in a box and don't get worn bc they're "too nice" for everyday. Although I certainly do admire all of the fancier designs out there (and wish I could afford something super extravagant one day ;-)

Anyway, the vendor is Yvonne Raley of Cecile Raley Designs (on etsy). She sourced the gems and made the ring.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1363493678|3406909 said:

I've looked at sphene here and there, but never felt like I cared to own one - until now. WOW! I love that one! Does anyone know where I might find something comparable? The cut isn't as important as the color and dispersion. If anyone has any suggestions of where to look pls let me know!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
erinl|1363493678|3406909 said:

I've looked at sphene here and there, but never felt like I cared to own one - until now. WOW! I love that one! Does anyone know where I might find something comparable? The cut isn't as important as the color and dispersion. If anyone has any suggestions of where to look pls let me know!

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
pregcurious|1363456502|3406402 said:
That's a nice suite of stones Dioptase. Are they standing in some kind of clear gel? Are they all cut from one rough? What a great necklace those would make.

We use a special translucent wax for photography to make the stones stand upright. With a bit of skill and experience, you just need a tiny bit of it.

The stones come from the same mine but from different pieces of rough.

minousbijoux|1363456633|3406405 said:
Not only do you have amazing stones, but your photos are works of art - gah, so beautiful!

ETA: Talking about Nomad in case I was too obtuse. :bigsmile:

Thank you! Photography is a shared passion within the company.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Blithesome-- what kind of stone is that? Beautiful :love: :love:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
OTL-- did you save the Tan photo of that chrysoberyl? I am curious how that particular shade plays out on his site....

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
My lovely yellow tourmaline in a super beautiful leaf cut.... (7.09 cts of yellow goodness)

__kgrhqn__qcfc5srddwybq4mbkll____60_3.jpg

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
erinl|1363494677|3406920 said:
Love this Gene yellow zircon-- I wish a real life photo would be posted. Rainbird, please post!! :wavey: :wavey:

Hi erinl :wavey:

Please forgive me for not posting the real life photos at the moment, only my father passed away yesterday morning and I'm not feeling up to it at the moment. My intention is not to put a damper on this thread, only to let you know I'm not ignoring you. The zircon is amazing though and flashes all the colors of the rainbow.

I'm loving seeing everyone's gorgeous gems in the meantime. I don't think I've seen so many yellow beauties. :lickout:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your family rainbird. I am so sorry. Just know that we would love to see your stone when you are ready.

Hugs,
Erin

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 2 carat rbc cut chrysoberyl.

I have to set this stone one of these days.

tl_diamond_cut_chrysoberyl.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Blithesome I love that color....what is that stone? More pics!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
erinl|1363526738|3407049 said:
OTL-- did you save the Tan photo of that chrysoberyl? I am curious how that particular shade plays out on his site....

Erinl, I have some still shots from his vedio. I never care about Tan's photo since they are often inaccurate. Hope this helps!

r.jpg

_4535.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine from Mastercutgems. I think I'm finally having it set later this month.

_4536.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
OTL--great shots! When did you buy that puppy? I was watching Tan for chrysoberyls for a super long time and never saw one that yellow! :appl: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just remembered that I have an orangish yellow FCD. My chrysoberyl is more chartreuse than pure yellow but I think it fits this thread better than the green thread. The indoor colour is surprisingly green though.

_4540.jpg

chryso.jpg

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hi Erin & ChrisA :wavey: it's a Clinohumite. My bad for the horrible blurred photo :bigsmile:

Keep those joyful yellow gems coming :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IK: and what is your yellow?

Chrono: I love the dispersion in your chrysoberyl, as it makes it look perfectly two-toned.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
erinl|1363581100|3407569 said:
OTL--great shots! When did you buy that puppy? I was watching Tan for chrysoberyls for a super long time and never saw one that yellow! :appl: :love:

Last year, I don't remember exactly when. But I am sure there will be another one around:)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1363804376|3409716 said:
Chrono: I love the dispersion in your chrysoberyl, as it makes it look perfectly two-toned.

I agree, the sparkle is second to none on that one !! :love: :love: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erin and Minou,
Thank you for the kind words. Chrysoberyl, in general, deserves more attention, doesn't it? They have such great wearability, their brilliance is excellent and are extremely affordable compared to spinels and sapphires.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1363878343|3410302 said:
Erin and Minou,
Thank you for the kind words. Chrysoberyl, in general, deserves more attention, doesn't it? They have such great wearability and their brilliance is excellent.

Not too much attention-- then they will demand mahenge or tsavorite prices!! :sick: :-o

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the one drawback to chrysos if you want to call it that has been the fact that its not as mainstream a color if you KWIM. Sooner or later, some star will give them their "big break" or 15 minutes of fame, and then things will take off. But you're right - get them while you can.

Erini: just saw your shout out and question; I'll see what I can do. :praise:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not own any saturated, bright yellow stones. :blackeye: That said, I do have some lighter yellow stones and would love to share. I have certain limitations right now on gem photography and such (hand in cast). I'm a klutz to begin with so I don't want to chance it. But I would very much like to add to this thread. Hmm. Maybe I can go look for old photos...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results