shape
carat
color
clarity

A vote: Choose the best Tacori of these: (thanks!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for #2.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh..#3 for sure!! The diamond will look larger in that head/mount I would think, and it would really pop...the diamond seems to get lost with all the other diamonds in the other two settings. Too busy!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For your diamond #2.

Now for an asscher? Number one-- with sapphire melee on the side view instead of diamonds.
31.gif

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Hey thanks guys :) (Tacori e-ring: Thanks for your input and i will keep you posted for SURE!)

Here we stand:

#1: four votes
#2: sixteen votes!
#3: six votes

iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting!

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 6:36:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
For your diamond #2.

Now for an asscher? Number one-- with sapphire melee on the side view instead of diamonds.
31.gif
Hey Gypsy! I totally agree. I really want a sapphire ring next. I have been thinking of this sort of ring for my e-ring (my partner and I are resetting it together--long story heheh) and then a sapphire Tiff. Legacy ring for a RHR... ooh, ain''t I dreaming ;-)

Also -- I think I remember that you are someone that has seen a lot of Tacori''s in person -- do you think #2 would be really high?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer #1 ... perhaps because it''s close to my own e-ring (asscher center though)
31.gif
-- and I kinda DISLIKE #2 and especially #3. There''s something "transformers" like about #3 - weird arms grabbing at stuff, unattached & spindly??? And the scallopy underpart of #2 bugs me -- fussy?

By comparison, #1 looks solid & sturdy & low-set & elegant & it flows. Reminds me also of Tiffany''s Deco-inspired setting with combines a RB center with channel-set tapered square emeralds/carre cut sidestones.
18.gif
The added sparkle of milgrain is zesty too!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 4:03:45 PM
Author:Lane
Hello all! I''m going to post a few Tacori''s, and I was hoping for a little vote! I realize they are VERY similar (lol) but I am trying to decide between engraving all around/no engraving, baguettes v. rounds on the side, and the different sorts of side views of the ''crescent sillhouettes''.

Thanks guys!!!!!
Lane :)

I like them all, even though those choices aren''t my style. But -- that being said -- I HAVE a Tacori, I LOVE my Tacori, and not for one moment - ever - have I looked at my beautiful ring and thought it could be better than it is. I did have to get used to the fact that it is handmade, not stamped, and there are quirks that others might view as imperfections, but I think it gives the ring personality. Every jeweler/dealer who''s ever seen my ring has remarked about how beautiful it is. You will not be disappointed with Tacori as long as your center stone is great.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
#2 FTW!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
All the settings are stunning... my personal preference would be #2.

jazzgal4ever

Rough_Rock
Beautiful choices . . . . but my vote is for . . .

#2!!

36.gif

~Nicole

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think #2 and #3 are gorgeous and I''d like to try them on myself!

But I think your stone would look best in #2.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 6:43:05 PM
Author: Lane

Date: 11/1/2007 6:36:59 PM
Author: Gypsy
For your diamond #2.

31.gif
Hey Gypsy! I totally agree. I really want a sapphire ring next. I have been thinking of this sort of ring for my e-ring (my partner and I are resetting it together--long story heheh) and then a sapphire Tiff. Legacy ring for a RHR... ooh, ain''t I dreaming ;-)

Also -- I think I remember that you are someone that has seen a lot of Tacori''s in person -- do you think #2 would be really high?
Hi Lane,

I''ve seen this tacori and loved it in person. But it was set with a large CZ and I didn''t try it on, so I can''t really comment on the height especially as it was made for a larger diamond than yours. Oh a Legacy RHR... those are STUNNING!

I second going into a store and trying them on, they are so much more delicate in person I think. As for the color of the melee they use... tacori customizes things quite a bit, so you might be able to ask for a certain color melee... but I really think you need to see your stone (take stone with you) next to a stock tacori and see if the color difference is even noticable before exploring that option.

What a wonderful quandry to have, they are lovely settings. Although, I dislike number 3, personally.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
#2 all the way!
30.gif

vivianv

Shiny_Rock
#2 !

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their vote!! It looks like #2 is the winner by a landslide!
#1 - 6
#2 - 24
#3 - 7

I appreciate it! If anyone ever sees #2 in person, please let me know. I am working on a project and probably won''t get out to the ring stores for a little while, but it''s a the top of my list!

Also, I''m wondering if the side stones on #2 could be made smaller to save some $$... i will sort it all out! Thanks!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party, but FWIW - I like #1 the best BY FAR.
1.gif

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 7:09:11 PM
Author: ecf8503
1.gif
Interesting!!! at first #2 was my favourite, along with the vast majority, but i still really am drawn to #1 -- it is less fussy and maybe more beautiful.... why do you like it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 7:12:14 PM

1.gif
Interesting!!! at first #2 was my favourite, along with the vast majority, but i still really am drawn to #1 -- it is less fussy and maybe more beautiful.... why do you like it?
I love 1 too but trying them on in real life may make a difference. When I was on my ring search I thought I would love a particular setting until I tried it one so I think seeing it on your finger makes the difference. I do love no. 1!!!
3.gif

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Skip! I''m all over trying them on. I can''t WAIT!!! We are resetting it together... should be quite an adventure. I have a feeling I''m going to have to do another little vote with real hand pics from the store lol... hey, they do let you take pics, don''t they? ah!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2007 7:12:14 PM

1.gif

I think it looks a bit more "polished". The basket work is simpler but more interesting and beautiful to me, and I like the baguettes on the side - reminds me of a Tiffany I like. I like the contrast with the round stone - it makes them look like separate things, not one elongated stone all the way across, if that makes sense.

But as others have said, you really do need to try them on - when I was resetting I had the same experiences of liking a pic but not the real thing, and vice versa!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
2 is my favorite. BUT

Learning the size of your stone I went back and while 2 and your stone will look great with all those rounds...I think my vote is leaning to #3. The baguettes and the prominent head will, I think make your stone take more of a center stage than #1 and #2. I think the length of line that the baguette expresses will make your stone look larger. Not that that is important or anything. Oh and I love the little detail that is included in #3's shank at 5'oclock. Cool.

Before you count my vote in your tally...would you tell us your finger size? Now go ahead and count me as a 3. I think the baguettes will slenderized the look and still make the round the main attraction.

DKS

edited: I have my clockface turned around...7 o'clock, maybe???

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late, too...but I like the side view of #1 and the top view of #2. But as far as the entire package, #2 gets my vote.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I like 2 & 3 the crescents make it so unique and unmistakeably Tacori! :) Congrats!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
number 2 is beautiful with the extra detailing on the shoulders, but I like #3 because the elongated baguettes give a simplified look to the ring and, unlike the other settings, will perform the job of making the center diamond look BIGGER!!

GL in your choice - they are all beautiful settings. I am a settings girl!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came back to look again!

I wanted to add...I also like #3, very pretty
30.gif

I don''t know what it is about #1 that I am just not feeling...I think that it is the baguettes on the shoulder that kind of take my eyes away from the center stone.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
# 2 gets my vote, with #3 a close second.

CRiLLiS

Rough_Rock
#1 would be nice if the side stones didn''t cover the majority of the pavilion and were round. #3 looks like the designer was on E when fabricating the contraption. I''d pick #2, not just because it''s the ring that I picked up, but because (in person, you have to see this thing in person) it''s the most appealing 10 table ring out there and the other two options can''t even outshine its footprint!
19.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/19/2007 9:34:29 PM
Author: CRiLLiS
#1 would be nice if the side stones didn''t cover the majority of the pavilion and were round. #3 looks like the designer was on E when fabricating the contraption. I''d pick #2, not just because it''s the ring that I picked up, but because (in person, you have to see this thing in person) it''s the most appealing 10 table ring out there and the other two options can''t even outshine its footprint!
19.gif
Okay buddy....we need to see pictures of this ring!!!

CRiLLiS

Rough_Rock
It''s not done yet; give me a few weeks.
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Number 3 for sure....I have seen it in person and it was gorgeous...very delicate and sparkly....much more beautiful in real life (of course it probably helped that it had a massive 3 carat in it!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results