shape
carat
color
clarity

A very spinel Christmas . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren your new rings are amazing!
30.gif
The pale pink is divine and that red is something else!

-A

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I''m in LOVE with that new elongated cushion spinel! Such gorgeous sparkle...and the snow shot is TDF!

And it''s no shame to have so many lovely gemmies in Legacy settings...they''re all FAB!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Those are both beautiful! Merry post-Christmas
21.gif
21.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet colors, love them! I like the rich red.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 4:29:44 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
Merry Christmas to all my Colored Stoners!! I hope you all were able to get everything you wanted, and that you all had a loving, happy day with your families.

I just picked up what is likely to be my last project for 2009.

I''ll be impressed if you can squeeze in yet another ''09 project
3.gif
The light pinkie looks so incredibly lively! The red makes up for its lack of color anyway. Pretty stones.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones and beautiful rings. Merry Christmas to you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 4:29:44 PM
Author:LaurenThePartier
Merry Christmas to all my Colored Stoners!! I hope you all were able to get everything you wanted, and that you all had a loving, happy day with your families.

I just picked up what is likely to be my last project for 2009.

On deck are my 1.66 red spinel, and a 1.40 elongated cushion spinel. It''s got some great personality, and because I bought it for sparkle, and not necessarily hue, I couldn''t be happier. It shifts from looking nearly colourless, to a light lilac in direct sun, to a bit of a baby pink, but this puppy throws fire like no other.
Need to see the rest, but wanted to har dee har har at this... you sure you can''t squeeze another one in during the next 5 days?
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, love pinky, what a great color, even though that isn''t why you bought it... and the red is great too. Love em all! People you work with must marvel at your vast collection, you can practically wear one every day of the month. So jealous here!

iCEKID HAHA, I said the same thing!
3.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been absent all day today - sister's car chose last night to seize in front of my house, and the tow truck arrived just after I finished with my photo shoot.
3.gif

MTG - thank you! LOL @ knowing what I like. At this point, I think all of you could easily pick out what I like for me!
2.gif

Packrat - thank you! This is the first thread for both rings, so I thought I'd post them together. The red has been getting a lot of action this week since it's been Christmas and all . . .
1.gif

Tourmaline_Lover - a feminine stone, I hadn't thought of it that way, but it totally is . . . thank you!
2.gif

LovingDiamonds - many thanks to you! The red spinel is in a Jewe2004 setting. It's almost exactly the same as my setting from Jewelryhoo that I set my EC sapphire in. Health and happiness to you and your family during this Holiday season!
9.gif

Marcyc - thank you! Merry Christmas to you!

SonomaCounty - Thanks! I love the cut and sparkle in that spinel, and although I expected something different from the description, I ended up loving it.

Imdanny - I think I'm coming around to that sentimenmt, as well. I have always loved Freke's blue spinels, but these are my first spinels to have set, and they won't be my last. Thank you!

Laila619 - Thank you! After looking for a red spinel that I was drawn to for so long, it makes me happy to see it on my hand. As for the hole, my only thought is because this is the only Legacy I have that has been custom made to exact specs for a stone, so maybe they just forgot when they elongated the setting. Who knows - just thought it was inexplicably different.
3.gif

MonkiePie - LOL, you're such a sweetheart - thank you! How are you feeling? Ready to deliver that baby yet?
2.gif

Uppy - Hi, sweety - thank you! How have you been? I've been looking at pics of the stone+setting and thought it looked a bit like a Daussi, too. Glad to know I'm not crazy.
9.gif

Arcadian - thank you! Your collection is quite gorgeous, and I just wanted to tell you how much I love your new peridot. You have the most eclectically classy collection on PS, IMO. I love to click on threads you post because not only is your taste sublime, your jewelry always looks so lovely on your hands!
30.gif

Vc10um - thank you!!!! You have no idea what this Vegas-native, Dallas resident went through to get that snow picture. LOL. It wasn't pretty.
9.gif

Tsavvy - Merry Post-Christmas to you, my dear! Thank you for stopping by!
30.gif

Largosmom - thank you!

Haagen_dasz - yes, it's the same one I mentioned. I realized I had been horribly lazy about taking pics of it, and I decided to post a two-for.
3.gif

Icekid - LOL - I've been working with Julia on something that's been on her bench since Dec. 15th, and she's had my stone since before Thanksgiving.
11.gif

Fly Girl - thank you and Merry Christmas!

Dreamer_dachsie - LOL, you and Icekid - GMTA, hey? Thank you! Hopefully Julia finds some inspiration soon, or it's going to be a super early 2010 project.
2.gif

Lovinggems - thank you!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, those are just beautiful! I especially love the color of the red spinel. I am so jealous of your gorgeous halos!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be still my heart.

Oh Lauren....they are just LOVELYAMAZINGSTUNNINGGLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
spinels
30.gif
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lauren they are seriously SCRUMPTIOUS!! I love the red, but that pink... to die for!!
30.gif
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Red is nice, lilac is...
30.gif

36.gif

A diamond halo for such a delicate color is a great choice cause a) it gives the whole ring a more sophisticated feel; and b) shows off the color eventhough there''s just a touch of that pastel hue present. If it were a plain metal setting, the color would (probably) not show as well.

Enjoy them both
1.gif

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Your new rings are beautiful & the perfect additions to your gorgeous jewelry collection!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Lauren!!!! I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!
30.gif

Your collection is AMAZING.....

Lori

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
wow, stunning lagacy collection!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I
30.gif
pinky!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did I miss this thread? I''ve major catching up to do! Wow, it reminds me a lot of a light pink coloured diamond and it''s cool that it picks up the surrounding colour.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love both those rings. Your collections always leaves me breathless!

Christiana

Shiny_Rock
Awsome
30.gif
I love your collection, Lauren. Spinels are so much fun
1.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I love the colours and the settings are beautiful.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones and rings Lauren. You have such a wonderful collection now! I love the photo with all of your Legacy rings. Gorgeous!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
lovely collection LTP. You are the Queen of LOGR Legacy!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings LTP, I love the delicate colour of the pink spinel
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous new additions :)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful "legacy" to have !! I love that the stone is more rectangular ...so that makes it a bit more unique than the others. Beautiful cut and just a lovely pastel lilac which adds to the uniqueness too!! Your jeweler is really doing a great job mastering the claw shaped prongs!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanted to look at them again..that pink one is just about the girliest color ever-it''s SO freaking pretty!

And, every time I see the title of this thread, I spend about an hour with "A ve-ry spin-el Christmaaaaaaas and a hap-py new yeeeearrrr" singing in my head. Just like that dang-we all live in a yellow tourmaline thing..hahahaha I wonder how many song titles we can get to incorporate gems?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2009 10:39:05 AM
Author: packrat
Wanted to look at them again..that pink one is just about the girliest color ever-it''s SO freaking pretty!

And, every time I see the title of this thread, I spend about an hour with ''A ve-ry spin-el Christmaaaaaaas and a hap-py new yeeeearrrr'' singing in my head. Just like that dang-we all live in a yellow tourmaline thing..hahahaha I wonder how many song titles we can get to incorporate gems?
HA! That''s adorable! The Yellow Submarine is one of my favourite movies!!
9.gif

Sorry for the threadjack Lauren, that just really made me laugh!
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results