shape
carat
color
clarity

A terrible event

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh ally, I''m so sorry to hear of the loss of your kitty. They are indeed like family members & it''s devastating to lose them. I''m glad you''re feeling less guilty about the situation--there''s really nothing you could''ve done to save your kitty & from the severity of the injuries, it''s unlikely that getting him to a vet would''ve helped. Yes, every now and then things come along and put things into perspective for us. Please don''t feel guilty for thinking about your ring--it''s only natural, especially for a PriceScope girl.
2.gif
But you guys already have the most important thing--each other. I''m glad that you & your bf have been able to support each other through this personal tragedy. It''s wonderful to know you have someone when times get rough.

I''m glad to hear you''ve taken action against the dog & his owner. Hopefully that will prevent another kitty (or child) from falling victim to him. I''m also glad to hear you guys are looking into buying a house & moving to a better neighborhood. I think it''s very financially responsible to try to avoid getting into debt, but there are some times when taking on some debt is a better financial move than staying out of debt. A mortgage is definitely "good debt" & you''re building equity for your future. (And getting into a safer area, more importantly!)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
You know - I''m not too picky; but, the most important thing is having peace & feeling safe. Those are two things I wouldn''t hestitate to pay for. Whatever you do, do not have any more interaction with the drunk. He sounds like a mean drunk who is not under control.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You are doing the right thing, I have posted many time about fear of debt and I get where you are coming from. However I think fear of the drunk would be the stronger of the two. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you are able to find a place in nicer area soon. Good Luck, come back to vent anytime. *hug*

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following this thread but couldn''t comment on it at first because (A) I was so saddened I literally almost started crying, just thinking about my own cat, and (B) was filled with such rage against your JACK@SS of a neighbor that all I would have done to advise you was to have your BF beat the living cr@p out of him.

That last part still hasn''t changed, I''m afraid. And the audacity this idiot still clearly has...letting his dog free still, having the nerve to THREATEN you both.....I truly hope the police do SOMETHING, because clearly he is a nuisance to the entire community. But I don''t think they can do ENOUGH to make you feel okay living next to this idiot. I''d get out of there, but not without throwing a flaming bag of poo at him before I drove the moving truck away. And that''s me being NICE. He deserves far WORSE.
29.gif

The truth is, the punishment should come down on HIM. You should NOT be forced to leave to feel safe. But sadly, I doubt he''s going to get any of his just desserts. That''s why I''m serious about the flaming poop.
11.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2005 8:23:40 PM
I think we need to buy a house NOW. My boyfriend lives in a TERRIBLE part of town. In our present neighborhood, the next door neighbor is a hooker, the man down the street is a drunk, and everyone drinks beer on their balcony. But the rent was cheap ($350/month) so we figured we would stay there for a year, lock the neighborhood out, and buy a house next year.
Ally- I definitely think you two should do whatever you need to do to get out of a neighborhood where you don''t feel safe. Taking out a small sum in school loans so you guys can live comfortably is not irresponsible at all!

I (and all of my med school friends whose parents are not putting them through school) have school loans like you would not BELIEVE. My tuition alone next year is almost $40,000!!! Multiply that by 4 years, plus living expenses in a big city- and I will be easily 200 grand in debt when I graduate. I don''t like to think about it!!! So don''t let taking out a bit of money make you feel bad.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone,

The drunk didn''t bother us today because we spent the day at my house, so we didn''t see him. My neighbor told us that he was banging on our door in the middle of the day but we weren''t there (thank god). My boyfriend is spoiling for a fight, and I am terrified of the man. I don''t know how two people can have such different reactions. Everytime I hear anything near the door, my stomach clutches up.
My boyfriend is thinking of getting another Kitty. We used to have two. My other kitty,Timber is all alone in the apartment. He''s been begging to be let outside, but we REFUSE. We''ve decided that he can''t go out until we''ve moved to another neighborhood. With the dog running around wild, I think I would lose it if something happened to him. I feel like I am being cruel. I''ve considered taking him to my house, but my family has 3 cats, and they are very territorial. They have free reign of a huge yard. I''m kind of at loss. I don''t think I am ready for a new kitty, but at the same time, I think Timber is very lonely

Firegoddess: Honestly, in a world where my boyfriend could beat someone up and not get caught, the drunk would sooo be DEAD. I''m not holding him back for moral reasons, but legal
29.gif
. Hug your cat, and appreciate all of the million cute things they do. The day after my kitty died, I wrote a five page letter of all the good memories. Funny how him having some litter box accidents was so endearing. My boyfriend said, "I''d be so happy if he pooped on the floor right now"
7.gif

Matatora: It''s not as bad for me, I live at home, but I''m so often at my boyfriend''s apartment that I feel like I live there too. I don''t want my guy there either! I can always come home (my house is in a really affluent neighborhood) but I don''t want to spend ANY time in that place. I think we might have missed the boat as far as real estate is concerned, it''s not the ideal time to buy, but we''re looking. I just didn''t think it would be this hard!

Icekid: I have to just ease into the idea that owing money isn''t bad. Tuition in Quebec is cheap ($1500/semester) and luckily for me, my sister already has all the books! It will only be a few thousand, but I am so uncomfortable with the thought of borrowing. That is why my boyfriend and I have lived in such a bad neighborhood, so we could own as much of the house debt free as possible. But I read today that conventional mortgages are for 75% of the purchase, so with our 30% we''d be ok (I hope).

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone! I''ll let you know if I''m able to find a house. I''m not even sure if we''re going at it the right way. I''ve got a feeling that listings on the net may be the houses no one wants.... but where to people buy all their houses? House hunting tips would be appreciated!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I know this is late, but I just want to say how sorry I am...I cannot read the whole thread because I will spend the afternoon crying over people''s lost pets, and then think about pets I have lost, and I''ll be a mess.

I truly believe that animals are better than most people I know.

Sorry you had to lose your cat so tragically. And remember, anyone who says "it was just a cat" is an *******...pardon my language, but that''s just a mean thing to say. Hang in there...may every day get a bit easier...klr

12.gif
17.gif
12.gif
17.gif
12.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alleycat I am so sorry to hear of your loss (coming on this thread late). Do NOT feel strange that you have such strong feelings, it''s like if a mother''s child dies, your cat was part of your family.
When I lost my cat, a friend of mine told me about "rainbow bridge". It is a internet forum like this. It really helped me, you might want to check it out also.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I am so sorry that I am so very late to post to this thread. I really meant to so long ago and then with life intervenening and times away from PS, it escaped me.

I was so terribly sorry to hear of your loss--it''s so devastating to lose a cat or dog at all, but especially in such an unexpeted manner--I know you have been beside yourself. Your little baby knew how much you loved him. I hope that the past few weeks have brought some healing and that you and your bf have been able to support each other...it''s such a busy time for you right now, and I hope you can throw yourself into preparations for schoo, ring,l and house-searching to keep you occupied.

Your little sweetie will always be with you. We lost one of our dogs in April, and it''s such a blow, but it does get easier.

Big ((HUGS)) and here''s the site that part gypsy mentioned:

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results