shape
carat
color
clarity

A setting for Acinom's green sugarloaf Paraiba???

What should Acinom's setting for a green cab Paraiba look like?

• Keep it simple: a simple bezel and shank will do

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A simple bezel but adorned with diamonds in the shank

• An organic looking setting

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Halo it with tiny white diamonds

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Halo it with blue sapphires

• Halo it with pink sapphires

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Halo it with green tsavorites

• Different... I will tell you below

• Total voters

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1415984760|3783506 said:
mariedtiger|1415983641|3783493 said:
So many great choices!!! I love the one from Lang Antiques the most, but all the ones where the stone gets to shine and the bling is mostly on the shank in a simple and elegant way are my favorites. We're so lucky, to get to live vicariously through you in this project. I'm excited for you!

The ring from Lang is definitely a good contender. I love it as well :love:
The profile is stunning. Thank you Mariedtiger :wavey: . I am so glad things are finally working out for you as well!! You have a stunning stone and you are such a friendly person... You deserve a fabulous celebration ring.

Thank you for all the pictures of the Lang ring. I think I died and went to heaven. Ah. What a masterpiece. Thank you for your well wishes and kind words, I'm so relieved everything is moving forward. =) :twirl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marlow :wavey:
I have no idea. I thought that the US is quite strict about this matter. Perhaps there are US vendors with an existing stock.
But first I have to decide on the final design. And since there are so many great options. Currently I keep coming back to the Lang design with OEC's :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger|1416152801|3784638 said:
Acinom|1415984760|3783506 said:
mariedtiger|1415983641|3783493 said:
So many great choices!!! I love the one from Lang Antiques the most, but all the ones where the stone gets to shine and the bling is mostly on the shank in a simple and elegant way are my favorites. We're so lucky, to get to live vicariously through you in this project. I'm excited for you!

The ring from Lang is definitely a good contender. I love it as well :love:
The profile is stunning. Thank you Mariedtiger :wavey: . I am so glad things are finally working out for you as well!! You have a stunning stone and you are such a friendly person... You deserve a fabulous celebration ring.

Thank you for all the pictures of the Lang ring. I think I died and went to heaven. Ah. What a masterpiece. Thank you for your well wishes and kind words, I'm so relieved everything is moving forward. =) :twirl:

I am so happy for you MT!! And you will also get a lovely ring from Annette :love:
There are so many great designs but I keep coming back to the Lang which is probably a sign... I love the simple and elegant luxury about it. And I can totally see myself wearing it when riding on my bicycle :twisted:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, I love this thread!! :love: :love: So many pretty colors and settings and ideas. I actually like cabs more for glowing stones like paraiba/cuprian and moonstone... I think it really adds to their elegance and mystery. I'm very excited to see your new project unfolding!

Acinom, I took a photo of some of my most colourful pieces together so you could get a rough idea of how the colors look together with a cuprian. (ETA: these are baby-soft pink sapphires, Mahenge pink spinel, chrysoberyl, tsavorites.. )

zoom_0.jpg
20141117_080619.jpg

I actually think green would be awesome, like emerald or tsavorite, with a few white diamonds sprinkled in between. This is why I think it would work:
uploadfromtaptalk1410626283895.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410626355886.jpg
(heh, I know I have posted this inspiration suite before elsewhere on CS forum, but I am not apologizing for posting it again!! I am too obsessed with the colours of this one. :naughty: :naughty: )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1416196438|3784973 said:
Goodness, I love this thread!! :love: :love: So many pretty colors and settings and ideas. I actually like cabs more for glowing stones like paraiba/cuprian and moonstone... I think it really adds to their elegance and mystery. I'm very excited to see your new project unfolding!

Acinom, I took a photo of some of my most colourful pieces together so you could get a rough idea of how the colors look together with a cuprian. (ETA: these are baby-soft pink sapphires, Mahenge pink spinel, chrysoberyl, tsavorites.. )

zoom_0.jpg
20141117_080619.jpg

I actually think green would be awesome, like emerald or tsavorite, with a few white diamonds sprinkled in between. This is why I think it would work:
uploadfromtaptalk1410626283895.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410626355886.jpg
(heh, I know I have posted this inspiration suite before elsewhere on CS forum, but I am not apologizing for posting it again!! I am too obsessed with the colours of this one. :: :naughty: )

Aww, Mochiko!!! This is so incredibly nice of you! Thank you for showing the these colour combinations!!! :love: :love:
I love your own combo with the soft pink. It's such a beautiful and feminine combination. I love that ring. With my skintone the stronger colours and contrasts are more flattering. The combination with Mahenge as well as the tsavorites would be great!!!
Ah, these choices :confused:
Thank you for posting the big jewelry pieces as well. Quite a while ago I saw a photo on Google with these colours. It was a smaller ring and the Paraiba was blue, but the colour combo was the same. I cannot seem to find it anymore so I am so glad that you posted a suite with similar coloring :love:
Big hug for you Mochiko!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1416246758|3785201 said:
Aww, Mochiko!!! This is so incredibly nice of you! Thank you for showing the these colour combinations!!! :love: :love:
I love your own combo with the soft pink. It's such a beautiful and feminine combination. I love that ring. With my skintone the stronger colours and contrasts are more flattering. The combination with Mahenge as well as the tsavorites would be great!!!
Ah, these choices :confused:
Thank you for posting the big jewelry pieces as well. Quite a while ago I saw a photo on Google with these colours. It was a smaller ring and the Paraiba was blue, but the colour combo was the same. I cannot seem to find it anymore so I am so glad that you posted a suite with similar coloring :love:
Big hug for you Mochiko!!!

my pleasure!! I'm really max'ed out for a long time in terms of jewelry spending, so I'm sooo happy that I can live vicariously through you and your beautiful projects :naughty: :naughty: thank YOU for sharing all your pieces! I could stare at your OEC and Paraiba rings for hours. :)

I think the Mahenges would be beautiful, but it may be too difficult (and hence costly) to procure uniform color and size melee of such rare material. Pinkish rubies or hot pink sapphire might be your best bet. They would look gorgeous against your skin tone, I think the contrast of all the colors would really pop! :)

I like tsavorites, too; the price is reasonable and the colors are nice. They may be more accessible than Mahenges. Green chrome tourmaline might be another option you could consider. Africagems and Multicolour may be able to help with this if you'd like to look into it. :)
ETA: here is Melvis' diamond ring with tsavorite side stones: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-ring-with-tsavorite-side-stones.205951/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-ring-with-tsavorite-side-stones.205951/[/URL]

You know, I also love the combo of black/ Lightning Ridge opal and cuprians. It would be THE cocktail ring to end all cocktail rings, IMHO. But it would be better in oxidized metal or white metal, or even high karat yellow, maybe not so much rose gold.
opal_paraiba_tourmaline_ring_2.jpg
(not loving the setting but those colors together??!! Swooooon....)

Here are a few more pieces, mostly Dear Dior. I think one of them may be the ring you mentioned...?

dior.jpg dior2012.jpg paraibacuprian.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416082667|3784250 said:
Found this ring while looking for pearl rings for you (started a thread in the pearls forum):

tf_141016_fox_3397v2_l_s.jpg

Frenchies would work, however, I believe OECs would work better, IMHO.

DK :))

I love this ring and the lang ring - way too many choices not enough stones that should be your motto :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's indeed the ring I was referring to Mochiko! The Dior ring with the blue tourmaline. And now I remember how I found it a while ago: I was looking for pictures of the Dior 'Oui' ring. I have the feeling you can read my mind.
I love the ring in the link you posted with the tsav's as well as the opal sidestones :love:
On one hand I have the feeling there are so many colorful options. On the other hand I just know I have to keep the total look very very simple. That's what I like about your Cuprian ring: it pops and yet it will never bore you and it is suitable for everyday wear.

Thanks again for posting the colorful inspiration pics Mochiko.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1416316217|3785689 said:
dk168|1416082667|3784250 said:
Found this ring while looking for pearl rings for you (started a thread in the pearls forum):

tf_141016_fox_3397v2_l_s.jpg

Frenchies would work, however, I believe OECs would work better, IMHO.

DK :))

I love this ring and the lang ring - way too many choices not enough stones that should be your motto :lol:

Thanks for chiming in Arkieb!! Which of these two designs would in your opinion be the best addition compared to my other rings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results