shape
carat
color
clarity

A setting for Acinom's green sugarloaf Paraiba???

What should Acinom's setting for a green cab Paraiba look like?

• Keep it simple: a simple bezel and shank will do

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A simple bezel but adorned with diamonds in the shank

• An organic looking setting

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Halo it with tiny white diamonds

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Halo it with blue sapphires

• Halo it with pink sapphires

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Halo it with green tsavorites

• Different... I will tell you below

• Total voters

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you thought of a diamond ring with a white South Sea Pearl or a blue/green Tahitian pearl with a light body colour, or an Abalone or Sea of Cortez mabe, as I believe it would look fabulous on you?

Can't post pics of such rings except in the pearls forum, and I have some ideas if you are interested. :Up_to_something:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whahahahaha :lol:
In the course of a mere 24 hours you have been enabling me regarding a CS bracelet and a pearl ring. I love pearls!!! Especially Tahiti pearls. I will not go that route though. I will first finalise ahem... 3 ring projects and then it's time for something different. Like a CS bracelet :twisted:

:twisted: mmm, I wonder what pearl ring examples she has in mind :twisted:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would send it to your favorite designer and see what they come up with. I do lean towards the somewhat ornate art deco settings with baguettes and carre diamonds myself.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love the Lang setting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1416071099|3784164 said:
I would send it to your favorite designer and see what they come up with. I do lean towards the somewhat ornate art deco settings with baguettes and carre diamonds myself.

Great idea to have a designer look at it to give his/her artistic view. This is why I love posting on PS: it helps with out of the box thinking.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1416071117|3784166 said:
I love the Lang setting!

Yay, it means a lot to me to know that you love this design. I am gearing more and more towards the Lang :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this ring while looking for pearl rings for you (started a thread in the pearls forum):

tf_141016_fox_3397v2_l_s.jpg

Frenchies would work, however, I believe OECs would work better, IMHO.

DK :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom, (I always read your username differently in my head) if I recall correctly you are the one with many cabochon pieces, right? I like that you can appreciate cabs as well as faceted gems. I think many don't even consider cabs.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416082667|3784250 said:
Found this ring while looking for pearl rings for you (started a thread in the pearls forum):

tf_141016_fox_3397v2_l_s.jpg

Frenchies would work, however, I believe OECs would work better, IMHO.

Thank you for finding and posting this ring DK!!! I love it :love: . It resembles the base idea of the Lang ring. I love the use of step cuts :appl: . Luckily I will give myself lots of time to think about the exact design carefully. Step cuts create a more modern look while the OEC breath the vintage vibe. I believe both could work for this stone and both will work with my personal style. Choices choices choices :read:
I am really glad you found this one. Big hug for you DK :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, thanks!

What's next after this one please, so that we can indulge in spending your money for you?!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1416082789|3784252 said:
Acinom, (I always read your username differently in my head) if I recall correctly you are the one with many cabochon pieces, right? I like that you can appreciate cabs as well as faceted gems. I think many don't even consider cabs.

Whahahaha! It probably resembles something weird in English? Or does it sound like arsenic or acid or???

I have a few cab stackers Loverskites. And a vintage cab amethyst with a halo consisting of small pearls. I indeed appreciate the round and soft flavor of a cab 8-). I have a blue faceted Paraiba and I am curious what greenish cab Paraiba looks like. And since blues and blue/greens are my favourite colours...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416083473|3784267 said:
Awww, thanks!

What's next after this one please, so that we can indulge in spending your money for you?!

Well, first of all I am totally banned. Just have some finishing up to do. My next projects:
1 Caysie is currently working on a set with my tiny pinkish sapphire (from Jeff naturally). It's based on Apacheroses gorgeous Van Craeynest set.
2 Caysie will also set a rhodolite (Jeff!) in a solitaire style ring (I realised a real solitaire was missing in my small collection, although it will have some extra's
3 Setting my new green Paraiba cab
4 Looking for an emerald or Montana in blue/green
5 Perhaps one of those Jewels by Grace bracelets with a rose cut diamond

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See? I was right not to believe you when you said no more for 2014/5!!!

DK :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1416083510|3784269 said:

Whahahaha! It probably resembles something weird in English? Or does it sound like arsenic or acid or???

I have a few cab stackers Loverskites. And a vintage cab amethyst with a halo consisting of small pearls. I indeed appreciate the round and soft flavor of a cab 8-). I have a blue faceted Paraiba and I am curious what greenish cab Paraiba looks like. And since blues and blue/greens are my favourite colours...

No no, nothing weird, I only realized when typing it out that it's not ancimom, since there are many here with 'mom' in their usernames. :tongue: My brain also mixed up where the C and N are.

If you like plain greens then should look into demantoid. I love that material. Look at the lighter, vivid one blurred at the back in the pic. I've seen nicer ones but can't find the pics (sorry for the off topic-ness... and I see now that you're banned from spending more, lol).

demantoid_3.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416084068|3784278 said:
See? I was right not to believe you when you said no more for 2014/5!!!

DK :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

Pffffhihihi :lol:
I cannot help myself I'm afraid. But it's a relatively innocent hobby, except gor my wallet. My new goal is to put a ban on myself after Q2 :twisted:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1416084192|3784279 said:
Acinom|1416083510|3784269 said:

No no, nothing weird, I only realized when typing it out that it's not ancimom, since there are many here with 'mom' in their usernames. :tongue: My brain also mixed up where the C and N are.

If you like plain greens then should look into demantoid. I love that material. Look at the lighter, vivid one blurred at the back in the pic. I've seen nicer ones but can't find the pics (sorry for the off topic-ness... and I see now that you're banned from spending more, lol).

Since I am indeed a mother of 2, Ancimom sounds really good :lol:

Thank you for posting the demantoids!!! Really nice of you LoversKites. It would be a great alternative if I am not able to find an affordable blue/green emerald of blue/green Montana in 2015. I have actually never seen demontoids, only here on PS and I really like them. Since I am banned for spending any more I need to set priorities though so a small emerald would be first :lol:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I paid for a round 0,19 ct in this color and quality 175 EUR! So around 220 $ - per piece - pretty expensive and difficult to purchase!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1416089414|3784314 said:
I paid for a round 0,19 ct in this color and quality 175 EUR! So around 220 $ - per piece - pretty expensive and difficult to purchase!

Oooh...I did not realise at all that the high quality demantoids are difficult to find as well :shock:
Thanks for the pre-warning Marlow!!! I guess the most beautiful and special goodies are all hard to come by. In many respects, some coloured stones are more rare than diamonds.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Small madagascar Demantoid would be a good opinion - much cheaper and some have a lighter slightly bluish green color ( a bit minty) -
lots of sparkle and dispersion.

Maybe a nice combination!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, pink melees would contrast very well with the stone, I like that idea!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1416094935|3784371 said:
http://www.gemselect.com/ruby/ruby-338619.php

pink ruby - nice too

they offer many lots of melee - nice andalusite for example...

Or a cabochon halo... in pink sapphire

http://www.gemselect.com/sapphire/sapphire-345434.php

Aww, it never fails to amaze me how PSers help and support each other. Thank you Marlow! It's so very kind of you to post these links for me. I especially love the pink melee :love: Greenish and pink make such a daring and popping combination. Definitely something to consider. Either for this project or a future (undefined) project. You know so much about CS. I am such a newbie and learn so much from your posts. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1416095180|3784373 said:
Ooo, pink melees would contrast very well with the stone, I like that idea!

Me too :appl:
Mochiko used pink for her cuprian and it's such a sophisticated combination.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
You live in the Netherlands !!! So no problem with burmese ...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1416129862|3784554 said:
You live in the Netherlands !!! So no problem with burmese ...

I did not notice the origin earlier. Thanks for bringing that up. Whoops! Since PS I have all my jewelry items made by US jewelry designers.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a problem?? I don't know...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1416132804|3784563 said:
Is this a problem?? I don't know...

Mm. Not sure. It would have to be 'imported' in the US and then back to Europe. Not sure about the exact regulations.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know - what should happen if you send these hot pink sapphires from East Asia to your jeweller??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results