carat
color
clarity

A realistic wish list

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1289496620|2761670 said:
I'm currently working on 1.8 ctw 8-pronged diamond studs

After that I'd like to get my ER re-set to a 3-stone with diamonds down the side

After that, I really think i'd be set - but of course I like to call myself the Sarah Winchester of sparklies, so if I can't ever stop. We'll see. Hubster has been pretty patient with me, I don't know if I wanna push it.

What will you do with your gorgeous halo?? I LOVE your halo setting!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Realistic for the next ten years:
Half Carat Vivid Pink
Half Carat Brown
Half Carat Vivid Yellow

Dreams:
Half Carat Pure Vivid Orange
Half Carat Vivid blue
Half Carat Red
Half Carat Vivid Green

The pink will wipe out all sensible gem budgets, so there might be room for a yellow and a brown but I think that would be it. :blackeye:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh - I forgot - I want DiamCalc darnit!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1323822338|3080949 said:
Realistic for the next ten years:
Half Carat Vivid Pink
Half Carat Brown
Half Carat Vivid Yellow

Dreams:
Half Carat Pure Vivid Orange
Half Carat Vivid blue
Half Carat Red
Half Carat Vivid Green

The pink will wipe out all sensible gem budgets, so there might be room for a yellow and a brown but I think that would be it. :blackeye:

Tristan, will these all be for yourself or for the GF? And will they stay loose (like Kenny's) or will you/ she want to set them and if it's the latter, what? Enquiring minds want to know, he he! :wink2:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
1. Start wearing my engagement diamond with my yellow gold wedding band. If it means a 2nd reset, so be it.
2. Get my white gold anniversary set done by putting my red spinel into a 3 stone ring. Wear this with my WG eternity band as a 2nd wedding set.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Feb03Bride|1323810959|3080740 said:
athenaworth|1289496620|2761670 said:
I'm currently working on 1.8 ctw 8-pronged diamond studs

After that I'd like to get my ER re-set to a 3-stone with diamonds down the side

After that, I really think i'd be set - but of course I like to call myself the Sarah Winchester of sparklies, so if I can't ever stop. We'll see. Hubster has been pretty patient with me, I don't know if I wanna push it.

What will you do with your gorgeous halo?? I LOVE your halo setting!
That was last year's wish list - before my halo. Thank you so much though

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
My list is still the same, but it's a long term list so won't be fulfilling it any time soon.

Top priority now is to get my stones set, including these ones I've had for ages:

1 ct ruby

2 ct emerald

4 ct zircon

3 ct rhodolite

1 ct pink spinel

5 ct danburite

And others I can't even remember. Yikes. :errrr:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the last post I made in a Wish List thread (with updates!):

To upgrade my current eternity (made up of 10 pointers) to one made up of 20 pointers. DONE and DONE! :bigsmile:

A baby version of my eternity ring (with 3 pointers perhaps) to wear with my e-ring. Hopefully for my 30th in March! Although now I would like 5 pointers :Up_to_something:

Diamond jackets for my WF studs. I actually don't really want these anymore, I adore my studs as is! Funny that.

To upgrade the diamonds in my bangle to ones of better cut and colour. I rarely wear my bangle now, so I'm not sure if it's really all that cost effective... but if a few hundy smackers just fell into my lap, why not?? :devil:

Some diamond huggie hoops for my mum's 60th birthday in February. I'm not set on huggies anymore, just something beautiful and delicate around the $500 mark, I'm up for suggestions!! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1324114130|3083327 said:
My list is still the same, but it's a long term list so won't be fulfilling it any time soon.

Top priority now is to get my stones set, including these ones I've had for ages:

1 ct ruby

2 ct emerald

4 ct zircon

3 ct rhodolite

1 ct pink spinel

5 ct danburite

And others I can't even remember. Yikes. :errrr:

YES please set these babies! We need eye candy!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thought it might be time to revive this guy again!

Circe|1323710202|3079849 said:
Ooo, I like this idea of revisiting the list on a regular basis! So, okay, first, the original list:

Circe|1285250124|2717902 said:
Hmmmmmm ... well, my next project is a ruby pendant which I'm obsessing over - does it count as a "wish" if it's already in the works? :rodent:

- pear-shaped ruby pendant, 1.11 carats, Burmese, unheated, bezeled in platinum
Done and done! Oddly enough, I wear it a lot less than I thought I would: looks like I'm less a stacking necklaces girl in my 30s than I was in my teens. It's a pity, 'cause while it took a little back and forth with the jeweler, it really turned out beautifully. Bah! Damn my fickleness - or my constancy, I suppose: as much as I wanted the ruby pendant, I just wear my bezeled pear all the time.

And after that ...

- diamond studs, 1.30 or so TCW, bezeled and milgrained
Done and done! They would up being 1.43 tcw, H SI2, courtesy of ID Jewelry, and I loves them, precious, yessssssssss.

- pear dangles, 2.5 TCW (which, practically speaking, means buying another diamond to match the one that I wear as a pendant so I can occasionally wear them as earrings instead, though I keep waffling on whether or not it will be a waste to have one of them in a box a lot of the time: practically speaking, probably not, since most people don't wear their fancy earrings 24/7, after all).
Still not king. I still like this idea, but it's receding in terms of immediacy, as I just had a baby, and, well, dangly earrings and grabby little hands seem like an iffy combination to me. But in the future. :)

- once I attain all these other laudable goals, and probably for a big anniversary, perhaps an even bigger pendant. Perhaps 2.5 or thereabouts?
Still a thing, but again, morphing a little - I've fallen in love with AVCs, and I think one would look gorgeous in a really ornate carved pendant. This may be what I'll dream of for, like, the 10th anniversary - a nice, warm, creamy AVC with strong fluor measuring around 8 mm square.

- a chunky baguette band in plat., with vertical baguettes - I love that look. For that matter, you can toss in a princess band and a bezeled marquis band.
Did I say vertical? Oops! I meant horizontal (not retrofitting, I really did!) - done twice over, as I got my 2.5 carre band for my birthday, and my 4 carat chunky emerald-cut band as an early anniversary present. Yummy - I wear these all the time. I was nervous that my ring size would change post-pregnancy, but glory and hallelujah, the pudge is slowly receeding.

And ... I think that's it, at least for the near future. I am imaginarily glutted. For some reason, things like bracelets and hoops just don't occupy my greed like pendants and earrings. :rodent:

In term of h unpredicted present - heh, I may have spoken too soon, as another of the year's purchases was my beloved platinum deco ruby line bracelet, which I adore. I also got my ears pierced a few more times, and spent 9 months dreaming idly about getting smaller studs in yellow and rose gold to follow a graduated line up from my primary 1.43 studs - well, lo and behold, the husband got them for me as baby bling. :rodent: Which is excellent, because I can wear them with the unexpected acquisition of my first Tiffany piece - an Egyptian revival yellow gold necklace set with turquoise (nice and short and strong, so I can wear it with the baby without fear). I love it when [the lack of] a plan comes together!

And for the revised future? I want:

- a nice, long, strong platinum chain for my pear: I currently wear it on a thick 20" platinum chain, but with the baby, it makes me nervous. So ... maybe twice as thick, and 24"? Am hoping to get this for my birthday.

- the aformentioned AVC pendant to wear on it alternately

- as a means of getting to the AVC of my dreams, after seeing a charm bracelet with differently shaped diamonds bezeled, I WANT one. I could start with a little AVC ... then get an asscher ... and maybe a navette ... on and on and on.

- the gorgeous shivery bib necklace of teeny-tiny bezeled rounds that I tried on at the last meet-and-greet. It's 4K for less than .75 tcw, but it's so beautiful.

- pearl drops. Big ones. Say, 14-16 mm? In a nice, rich, creamy white.

- a diamond crescent brooch already! I've been on the lookout for years, but I've yet to find one to call my very own. I saw one on eBay before I bought my earrings at 2.5 carats of big chunky old cuts, but virtuously passed it up as I was trying to maximize my earrings. Idiot! It went for less than $500, a deal I doubt I'll see again.

That's all I can think of for the moment - but we all know that's subject to change, don't we ....

The pear dangles, the AVC pendant, the bezeled diamond bracelet, the crescent brooch, and the bib necklace are all still on the list. BUT I finally got the long platinum chain, which is seriously one of the best purchases I've ever made. :rodent:

My official 5 year anniversary is coming up this year, and I'm stumped trying to figure out which piece from the list to go for - and we should add a nice watch to that list! I need to go to 47th St., and see what catches my eye ....

How about you ladies? Any alterations?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1285256622|2717977 said:
I want a really cool necklace of some description, but I don't know what it is yet. Other than that, I have all the jewelry I want...which feels like heresy to say around here!

I got the necklace (my carrera butterfly pendant which Amelia and I both love).

I also got a three stone ring, which really wasn't on the list back then but I started thinking about it after I turned 39. I love it because it encapsulates everything I've sort of lusted after during the years I've been here: Old cut, antique feel, stackers, blingy look, high end/quality vendor for the setting.

Now I want to reset my ERD studs into leverbacks of some kind. Pretty much that's everything for now.

In the distant future, I want a diamond bangle, but it would have to be custom since I have a small wrist. That won't be for a long time.

I also dream of a yellow diamond, but for me that won't happen since I want a honker size. I'm happy just to ogle yellow diamonds around here!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for reviving this thread Circe!

stargurl78|1289491506|2761515 said:
What a fun thread! I'm sure this will change, but in the next 30 years I would like these items:

1. A few of LM's string bands for stacking (at least 1 with diamonds, and a rose gold one with pink diamonds or pink sapphires)
I no longer want these because I don't think they're worth the cost. I got a cheapie thin diamond band from LOGR and I'm satisfied with that :bigsmile: I'd like a few more inexpensive stackers to go with it.

2. Bezeled stud earrings, nothing too large, around 0.5 ctw (maybe with milgrain??)
Done, except instead of bezels (I tried them on and they don't look good on my ears), I went with 8-prong settings and I went larger than originally planned at 0.88ctw. I also splurged even further by purchasing those beautiful 3-pointer jackets from IDJ :Up_to_something:

3. A 0.5 ctw OEC bezeled diamond pendant (with milgrain??)
Still on the wishlist. I did however, purchase a half carat MRB that I might put into a pendant.

4. And my long term goal is to someday upgrade my ER to a 1.5+ ctw round or cushion in a LM setting, either a simple solitaire or a pave split-shank halo (I have a long time to decide, as thing probably won't happen for at least 20 years).
Yeah, this one's not gonna happen for a long time :rolleyes: Now I don't think I'd want as large as 1.5cts and my setting choice would probably change as well.

And I have some colored stone wishes too:
5. A round aqua in Gary Braun's beautiful Portuguese cut. I want to put it in a bezel setting from Heart of Water, maybe something like this setting but in all white gold:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/58578029/iolani-ring-with-11-plus-carat
I completed this but don't wear it much so I plan to list it on DB (I already tried once with no luck though...)

6. An emerald cut tsavorite - not sure how I will set it, but it will be for a RHR. Maybe a split-shank with double claw prongs (no diamonds).
Still on the wishlist but no longer picky about the shape and I'm not in any hurry so this probably won't happen for quite some time.

ETA: And I almost forgot - the next thing that I plan to buy is a setting for my asscher peridot (simple double bezel setting)
Done. And I absolutely love this ring.

A few things to add to the wishlist:
- A plain shank halo setting for my oval sapphire.
- A 5-stone ring (maybe I can convince DH to buy me one for our 5-year anniversary in 4 years :wink2: )

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cozystitches|1323697096|3079741 said:
Channel Set eternity band to stack under my scattered band (this one is preeeeety close) I have this!!! I LOVE it! :D It was my Christmas Present from dh :D
A 5 stone ring
Bezel tennis bracelet (ideally like the one another PS'er posted last week that had originally been a necklace)

To this list I'd only add diamond huggies and maybe some studs. :D

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Now this looks like FUN!
It has been a pleasant few minutes looking over this thread and seeing people's dreams fulfilled and tastes change.

Short term (<1 year):
Upgrade my e-ring from .95ct to around 2ct, add pave to shank, change irradiated blues to real blues on the gallery.
10 pointer eternity for w-ring.
Set original centre in a halo pendant.
Double strand white metallic freshwater pearls with diamond clasp.
Maybe a 100" rope of white metallics.
Maybe a tiny WG Christmas tree pendant with green and red garnet decorations and white diamond star.

Medium term (5 years):
5 ct tennis bracelet. I want this for my birthday next year.
Cartier style trinity bangle.
5 stone RHR with AVR's, hopefully 60 pointers. I want this for a significant anniversary in two years.
Cartier style pave trinity RHR. This is a big one, I'm not sure how I'm going to swing it, but I'll find a way. :Up_to_something:
Rose gold watch.
Peridot pendant.
Tiffany sapphire and diamond swing ring.
Sapphire drop earrings.
Diamond toe ring.
Diamond belly button ring.

Long term (before I die):
Golden south sea pearl tin cup necklace and studs. Or a strand. He he!
Strand of round peacock Tahitians.
Conch pearl pendant.
Sea of Cortez pendant. A nice rainbow one.
5-6ct blue sapphire Portuguese cut oval or cushion set in HW 'the one' ring setting.
Either a 3-4ct Y-Z centre with F sidestones, or 1ct vivid yellow in the Tiffany soleste ring.
A big fat glowy cushion paraiba set in a ring with French cuts on the shank. I can't remember which PSer has this, but I love it!
5ct L AVC solitaire. Drool.
15ct rivière necklace. Maybe a mix of cuts, or all rounds, we'll see.
Nice in/out hoop earrings.
Three stone ring with a princess cut pink sapphire in the middle.
Tiffany cobblestone band.
Heart pendant with a fancy pink diamond dangling underneath.

Not too much to ask, non? :wink2: :lol:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1323780377|3080407 said:
OEC studs - about 5.5 mm each.
completed July 2012

Eternity ring - small enough to wear with engagement ring, large enough to wear on it's own.
I've tried on several in the stores and realised that I like this in idea more than theory. I still want this, but think it'll remain a want for a very long time.

Dangle diamond earrings. The ones by VC that were for sale recently similar to my dream pair!
Still a want, hopefully within the next few years.

I'm always adding to my vintage wedding band collection.
I had a few but realised that I wasn't wearing them and sold all but 2.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
My updates are in red below, and I've made a couple purchases, and plan on selling a few things that I haven't been wearing.
manderz|1323725614|3080015 said:
Hmmm.... Interesting.
manderz|1289500485|2761825 said:
My wish list isn't too bad (compared to what it used to be :naughty: )

1) Diamond by the yard necklace (being made at the jeweler right now, should be ready in the next couple of days, I hope!!) Done, but considering a re-work. Thinking of taking apart my 3 stone and putting the center into a bezel in the middle of it.Haven't gotten around to a remake, and may not.
2) Upgrade my diamond studs. They are currently 3/4, and I'd love a pair around 1 1/2 (give or take, depending on quality) Maybe this will be my present to myself when I graduate college, in about 4 or 5 years :( Managed to make this one happen early. I did get them for graduation, just not the one I had in mind. Ended up with 1.3ctw bezels from ebay, :love: :love: :love: Still love my bezels! They only come out for cleaning.
3) I wouldn't mind resetting my ering, it's a chunky setting that I do love, but I would rather have something a little more delicate, and maybe pave with a halo rather than chanel set sides. But, I will love it even if this is something that doesn't ever happen. If it doesn't happen, I wouldn't mind a smaller right hand ring, either a round or princess cut, with a halo and some beautiful pave. Still wouldn't mind a reset, though no halo. Just something a bit thinner, or maybe having the shank of my current setting shaved a bit thinner. A RHR is not even on my radar anymore, I just wear my plain little eternity now, and rarely change.Same as last time, though maybe less motivated.
4) Earring jackets. Just thin and cute, to add a little extra oomph! Wouldn't mind it, however, not actively looking We can just take this one off the list. They wouldn't look right with my bezels, and that's all I've worn since I got them.
5) An OEC bezel pendant. I would love around 3/4, but would still be totally thrilled with 1/2.That will be my next graduation present, though I can't help but look now anyway...This one is still on my want list, though solidly wanting 3/4 ct.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep my list in my head but it's always changing, so it'll be fun to put it down in words here...

My big-picture plan:
1. Enjoy every moment with my 3.14ct OMB halo ring til about 2015
- If I want to go the OEC route, I'll sell the OMB and hunt for a 3.5 to 4+ carat OEC. Might want to set it in a delicate bezel with milgrain.
- If I want to go the EC route, I'll trade in the OMB to ERD and hope/pray for a 3.5 to 4+ carat EC! I would set it as a solitaire on a plain shank, or with trap side stones.

2. Between now and 2015, I would love to get 2 bands: a 1.9mm pave eternity band and a 1.9mm french cut diamond eternity band. Depending on how things are going financially, I might also want a WG Cartier Love bracelet. ::)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Well, I can't really believe it...but...I've accomplished a lot :Up_to_something: :naughty: :wink2:

Bella_mezzo|1285263287|2718102 said:
a nice pearl set--maybe freshadamas from Pearl Paradise...(studs, 3 strand bracelet, 3 strand neclace, and a single strand necklace)--DONE I got studs, necklace, and a single strand necklace. I would still love a 3 strand bracelet and necklace with diamond clasps, but that's not going to happen right now unless there is an ebay miracle.

an AVC cushion (lower color, bigger size:) set in a RHR (but in might bother DH b/c it could compete with my e-ring, so this might not happen....) Got BOTH my .91 ct 6.5mm OEC/OMC "chunky" and my approx .8 ct tranny "checkers"...checkers is in a ring that I frequently wear on my ring finger or on as a RHR

upgrade my bezel pendant to be .75 or larger OEC in the barbara or fixed bezel setting DONE :appl: :appl: :appl: I had Chunky set in a custom pendant. Sally finished it today and I should have it soon.

An assher cut colored stone set in a sleek yellow gold bezel RHR--would be nice in the future, but I already feel like I have too many rings

I already knocked my lever back bezel set from a jump ring earrings, five stone, and bezel eternity off my list in the past 12 months (on a pretty lean budget...) but I don't think new projects are going to happen for a few years:)

My new list is:
-3+ ct eternity band (possibly to replace my 1 ct rose gold bezel LOGR eternity AND my 1.25ish ct vintage five stone...we'll see)
-reset Checkers into a setting I :love: :love: :love:, probably something deco-inspired with a delicate octagonal bezel
-OEC leverback earrings kind of like TGal's
-large fluid all metal yellow gold tear drop hoops (I have a cheapy earring I love that I would want to replicate)
-blingy diamond hoops or 1.25ct+ five stone earrings

-my long-term major dream project is a DBTY-type five or seven strand bracelet with assorted shapes and cuts of stones (especially OEC, tranny, OMC, step cut, and pear)

Who knows what 2013 holds:)

And then somedays, I think about selling it all b/c I feel like I get sucked into always wanting more and it's a giant slippery slope...and there are other things I would also like to spend my money on...clearly from all the projects I've managed to complete recently the sparkles seem to win out a lot:oops: :lol: :rolleyes:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like a platinum engraved antique wedding band to go with my solitaire. I am looking out for it on ebay etc. but am in no hurry.

I am toying with the idea of a pendant because I feel like I need another diamond piece of jewelery to balance my solitaire. But we'll see how that goes. I don't want a solitaire/simple pendant so the setting could be a bit of a stumbling block to the project unless the right finished peice comes up. I am of course thinking old cut.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Now that I have my OEC, I need to find some stackers to wear with this baby! I am looking for a few RG and plt ones, some engraved, some pave, some plain. I just need go sit down and figure out what bands I like that will go with the Julia bezel setting.

I also really want some bezel OEC earrings, about 1.5 ctw would be great!

My inner jewelry lush says that I also want an OEC/OMC pendant, but i go back and forth on if it would get worn enough. Honestly I don't think it would right now, since my 2 year old yanks on any necklace I wear.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1285309950|2719005 said:
Digital, I love your "short" list, he he!! :lol:

My realistic wish list:

1) upgrade of my 3ct to a 4.5-5ct RB in F-G colour VS clarity (I may only get it in my fifties or even sixties - but it *is* a realistic target :wink2: :twirl: ...I reckon...hope!!). It'd be in a blingy Leon setting. - this is currently a W-I-P. Am in the process of acquiring a 5ct and at the same time I can keep my 3ct (DH insists I keep the 3ct, who am I to argue with him, ha ha!! :wink2: ). Hopefully, I will have an update soon.

2) an eternity band of 20-23 pointers (no, I *still* haven't reset the five stones my mom gave me but at least I now know that they will go into an eternity band) - Done and they're actually 25pts.

3) a larger FY cushion ring. I am not sure I still want this. We shall see. I might change this to a medium - large sized older cut for a RHR. It would prob be an OEC or an antique cushion, in a lower colour than I normally lust after, so most likely I-J-K

4) upgrade of my 3-stone RHR to one with larger stones - Done, but the upgraded 3-stone ring had a 2.37ct centre and sides of 1.5ct each and I decided it was a little too big. So now I've taken the stones out of the setting and am wondering if I should sell them all or keep some and reset them.

5) halo'ed stud earrings - This would depend on 4.

6) another decent watch (am sick of my old Rolex - it is a model that only "aunties" wear here. Singaporean PS'ers will know what I'm talking about! :wink2: ) - Done. Got my Patek Philippe Nautilus.

7) a delicate but blingy bracelet (saw something at a local jewellery store that is quite affordable but not sure if hubby would let me spend the money! ::) ) - Done, except that it's anything but delicate, ha ha! :naughty:

8) pear drops of 2.5-3ct each to add to my studs [ new on my wishlist]

To be honest though, most of these goals, though realistic, may not happen for several more years, except for maybe 2, 5 and 6.

Wow, that wasn't too bad (better not let DH see this update, ha ha :devil: ). I got most of these except for no 3. I also got a 2.656ct pendant, but now I am second-guessing myself and wondering if I should sell it or keep it. I also acquired a 5-stone RHR but was not enamoured with it either, and now I am in the process of upgrading it.

I should add that I've been consolidating and upgrading my collection for the last several years. I can confidently say that I am almost at the end of this journey. I really LOVE most of what I have now and soon I should have a *forever* collection. Even if I don't ever get another RHR, I'd be totally ok (so no 3 is really an optional item, a vague wish-for item). I think maybe the only other thing I'd like is another pendant/ or necklace and if we feel really really flush, I may get pear drops to add to my studs (no 8 above) but if I don't, it wouldn't be the end of the world. :))

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I think we should add pictures of our completed items. I should have my new e-ring in a couple of months.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like an eternity band to go with my OEC solitaire - I have my eyes on one on ebay, but can't really purchase until closer to Christmas and don't know if it will still be around by then.

I would also like to reset a 5 stone ring that I received for my 10th anniversary.

I'm starting to delve into "unrealistic" on this one, but it would be really nice to get a 5 stone oec ring. I'd probably forgo the above reset in that case. Spotted one on ebay that looks promising. Just trying to figure out how much money I want to spend on bling - that age-old dilemma of thinking that maybe I should just be happy with what I have lol. It's hard though, because I love the sparklies :cheeky:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Realistic? Darn.. that's no fun :knockout:

- finally do something with that stupid .4 ct-er that I have been holding onto for forever.

That's it. I've got to set 2 garnets that I bought preloved from erica and colorlvr for the mother-in-law and grandma gifts, but those aren't mine, so I don't think they count. I don't think I'll buy much bling for the self for the next ~3-4 years, until I'm a professional out in the work force, rather than just a near minimum wage employee.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to put up a new wish-list since I got most of what I wished for, including the 5ct and I also get to keep the 3ct. The bling God must be looking upon me kindly, he he....

(I shall be selling the 2.374ct and the 2.656ct though).

So my new wish-list for the next 5- 10 years is:

- an antique honker, in J-K preferably with MBF. Shape-wise, I'd love an EC or cushion or asscher (but I wouldn't complain if I ended up with an OEC)

- pear drops to add to my newly reset 1.5ct each studs (I still have the 2.3ct each studs)

- tennis bracelet and/ or tennis or Riviera necklace of 30- 40pts

- diamond-studded watch, probably a Franck Muller

- 5-7ct velvety green cushion-shaped emerald or intense pink sapphire for a RHR

That's all, folks. Not sure it they are realistic or not.... DH and I are working very hard to try and achieve our financial goals, so we shall see....Wish me luck!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1323687133|3079710 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1285254323|2717941 said:
Realisticly?

1.2ctw studs that are currently in the pipe line (one stone has been purchased and we are waiting for the twin to show up)

Martini setting pendant, not too sure on size I guess it would have to be bigger than the earrings and smaller than my ering (0.6-1.0ct)

An eternity ring to fit on the other side of my ering

Reset my ering in something to give it more presence and bling, halo maybe? (can't upgrade stone)

A nice right hand ring of some sort?

That would keep me happy over the next 10 years!

(my poor husband thought the diamond obsession would go away after I got my ering, little did he know!)

What fun!!

Well I got the studs, 1.23ctw And I now have jackets to go with them.

The e ring reset is currently in progress and will be something greater than I ever imagined possible. A graduated 5 stone. I've had this ring for about 9 months and I love love love it.

Also in the market for a pendant (or a stone for a pendant) to probably go in the BGD Barbara (seems my tastes have changed!) I want a 6mm OEC stone, open to colour and clarity. An eBay refund should be in my bank account within the next couple of days so I can start looking again. I got an OEC pendant from Jbeg which is 6.5mm with the bezel. It's lovely, but I would love to replace the chain on it as it is a bit dull/ grey.

As for the rest that will have to wait until next year!

And I would like to add a really really long DBTY to that list. This is next on the list, but as I would like at least 2ct and for it to be at least 36 inches long, I have some saving to do.

And a tennis bracelet. :bigsmile:

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
My wishes:
Brian Gavin trellis eternity band w/ 25 pointers - BG select H&A stones
Brian Gavin milgrain bezel stud earrings, 0.66 ct each (the left earring will be my original e-ring stone; waiting for a match to appear from BGD)
Paraiba tourmaline ring
Harry Winston ring - any kind. Waiting for the ebay gods to throw something in my lap.

Sometimes I wonder though...for my job I need to keep it pretty low key in terms of bling...my e-ring upgrade is already too showy...so I worry that the eternity band, which I want for everyday wear...will just be too much. I know that sounds blasphemous but for what I do it's just not proper to flaunt it. Still, I want one but was thinking of a lower-key bezel set band ring (tiffany etoile type with bigger stones). I am worried though that no less than 6 mos after I get that, I'll be back to craving the eternity band (on my wish list since a friend in grad school had a nice one 10 yrs ago...) so I might as just well give in to the craving!!! Right????

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1345575087|3254937 said:
Now this looks like FUN!
It has been a pleasant few minutes looking over this thread and seeing people's dreams fulfilled and tastes change.

Short term (<1 year):
Upgrade my e-ring from .95ct to around 2ct, add pave to shank, change irradiated blues to real blues on the gallery.
Not upgrading centre stone (going on a big trip instead :)) ), just changing to platinum and adding real blue diamonds. Being made.
10 pointer eternity for w-ring.
I got a 15 pointer eternity. :D
Set original centre in a halo pendant.
Not happening.
Double strand white metallic freshwater pearls with diamond clasp.
Single strand on the way. And studs. And pinks. :D
Maybe a 100" rope of white metallics.
Not happening.
Maybe a tiny WG Christmas tree pendant with green and red garnet decorations and white diamond star.
Being made.

Medium term (5 years):
5 ct tennis bracelet. I want this for my birthday next year.
I still want this, just not for my birthday.
Cartier style trinity bangle.
5 stone RHR with AVR's, hopefully 60 pointers. I want this for a significant anniversary in two years.
I still want something like this, but smaller and not for my anni.
Cartier style pave trinity RHR. This is a big one, I'm not sure how I'm going to swing it, but I'll find a way. :Up_to_something:
Ha. I read about how careful you have to be with these and have downgraded to wanting a super skinny plain trinity for a spacer.
Rose gold watch.
Le sigh! I desperately want a RG rolex and am working on hubby to get this for an upcoming milestone birthday.
Peridot pendant.
Tiffany sapphire and diamond swing ring.
Sapphire drop earrings.
Diamond toe ring.
Diamond belly button ring.

Long term (before I die):
Golden south sea pearl tin cup necklace and studs. Or a strand. He he!
Strand of round peacock Tahitians.
Conch pearl pendant.
Sea of Cortez pendant. A nice rainbow one.
5-6ct blue sapphire Portuguese cut oval or cushion set in HW 'the one' ring setting.
Now I want this in a Diana/Kate style ring.
Either a 3-4ct Y-Z centre with F sidestones, or 1ct vivid yellow in the Tiffany soleste ring.
I want the soleste style for sure, and I want it for my next significant anni, so this goes in the medium term want pile.
A big fat glowy cushion paraiba set in a ring with French cuts on the shank. I can't remember which PSer has this, but I love it!
5ct L AVC solitaire. Drool.
15ct rivière necklace. Maybe a mix of cuts, or all rounds, we'll see.
I would actually just like to re-do an existing necklace to have diamonds all the way around, not just the front half.
Nice in/out hoop earrings.
Or huggies. Or both.
Three stone ring with a princess cut pink sapphire in the middle.
I'd like ovals now.
Tiffany cobblestone band.
I'm working on something like this with pink sapphires. Hope to have it near xmas.
Heart pendant with a fancy pink diamond dangling underneath.
I bought a plain RG one at Tiffany. Love it.

Not too much to ask, non? :wink2: :lol:

Hmm, not doing too badly. I also got some things not on the list.

I'd like to add:
Tahitian studs.
Tahitian ring.
Lapis Lazuli pendant.
Haloed aqua earrings with dangle jackets.
Pear solitaire pendant.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
And because I suggested up thread that we should post pictures of completed items, here is a quick iDevice shot of my eternity. No thread yet, bad PSer.

_1920.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results